Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    This is like the 500th time Gordon has over-reacted to Batman being Batman. This time he went too far! That part didn't resonate with me, its just too done.

    But the Penguin stuff, lol, that was great. Penguin and Alfred are my new favorite team-up.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I didn't like the other artist who worked on this issue. Had a real pulpy feel to it, but not nearly as nice as Janin's work, so it made for a poor contrast to me
    Different strokes for different folks. For me the art from Fornes was terrific. It reminded me of nothing as much as David Mazzucchelli's work on Batman Year One and that's one of my favorite styles of Batman art ever.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    This penguin arc has been really good and that cliffangher.... damn, I love this run!
    QFT. Me too.

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    382

    Default

    This issue was so completely stupid that it hurts. Penguin married a penguin? King should be fired for that stupidity alone. Also, why is Penguin hanging out blindfolded with his hands free in a cage with a giant opening? What's to keep him from pulling up the blindfold? Why did Alfred have to open the cage to hand feed Penguin? How does this seem like good storytelling? Gordon overreacts again which would be fine if it hadn't happened so often before. And why would Thomas Wayne, who wants his son to be happy, side with Bane who is out to destroy his son? Unless King makes it so that this is someone else in the Flashpoint Batman costume then this makes zero sense. This series has been bad for a while but this issue is kicking the suckiness up a notch. Penguin married a bird. Stop it with this nonsense.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    This issue was so completely stupid that it hurts. Penguin married a penguin? King should be fired for that stupidity alone. Also, why is Penguin hanging out blindfolded with his hands free in a cage with a giant opening? What's to keep him from pulling up the blindfold? Why did Alfred have to open the cage to hand feed Penguin? How does this seem like good storytelling? Gordon overreacts again which would be fine if it hadn't happened so often before. And why would Thomas Wayne, who wants his son to be happy, side with Bane who is out to destroy his son? Unless King makes it so that this is someone else in the Flashpoint Batman costume then this makes zero sense. This series has been bad for a while but this issue is kicking the suckiness up a notch. Penguin married a bird. Stop it with this nonsense.
    Maybe, just maybe, Thomas Wayne's involvement of the plot will be explained in future issues. I'm certainly not sold on the idea yet, but I'm not going to have a knee-jerk reaction about it. Have patience.

    I'm sure that it wasn't in the script to not have Penguin's hands tied up, and I know King is apparently the worst writer that DC has ever hired, but c'mon, lets not nitpick here. In fact, given that Alfred is feeding him, it is likely that it may be an artistic error. But lets not pretend like Penguin is any large physical threat.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  6. #21
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Perhaps the gun-slingingspoilers:
    Dick Grayson Batman
    end of spoilers from the "Gift" arc is in the Flashpoint costume instead of Thomas Wayne. He could be spoilers:
    resurected or saved by Bane, he is violent and he could hate Batman for destroying his timeline.
    end of spoilers

  7. #22
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Thomas Wayne's involvement of the plot will be explained in future issues. I'm certainly not sold on the idea yet, but I'm not going to have a knee-jerk reaction about it. Have patience.

    I'm sure that it wasn't in the script to not have Penguin's hands tied up, and I know King is apparently the worst writer that DC has ever hired, but c'mon, lets not nitpick here. In fact, given that Alfred is feeding him, it is likely that it may be an artistic error. But lets not pretend like Penguin is any large physical threat.
    Patience? You're 60 issues into a 100 issue run and nothing has really been explained other than Batman can't be happy. There comes a point when you're not being patient and you're just being a sucker. Also, why are all inconsistences with King's run just hand waved away? Some sure, but every issue has a ton of them that add up and make the story make no sense.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Patience? You're 60 issues into a 100 issue run and nothing has really been explained other than Batman can't be happy. There comes a point when you're not being patient and you're just being a sucker. Also, why are all inconsistences with King's run just hand waved away? Some sure, but every issue has a ton of them that add up and make the story make no sense.
    You absolutely have no reason to be mad that the reveal at the final page of an issue is not explained immediately as it is revealed. It is clearly a plot point begging to be explained and resolved.

    In the 60 issues of this run, many things have happened. Thomas Wayne did not reappear until 10 issues and since then things have been building in the background. And I'm not handwaving a complaint, I'm saying that you've levelled an artist complaint at the writer. I think the fault is with Janin here, but I don't have a very high opinion of Janin's storytelling.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  9. #24
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    You absolutely have no reason to be mad that the reveal at the final page of an issue is not explained immediately as it is revealed. It is clearly a plot point begging to be explained and resolved.

    In the 60 issues of this run, many things have happened. Thomas Wayne did not reappear until 10 issues and since then things have been building in the background. And I'm not handwaving a complaint, I'm saying that you've levelled an artist complaint at the writer. I think the fault is with Janin here, but I don't have a very high opinion of Janin's storytelling.
    Honestly when you think about it, this is pretty fast resolution. It only took 7 issues after 50 to directly deal with the Bane plot, and the first question they're getting out of the way is "Why is Flashpoint Batman there?" Which I think is good, because I'm one of the people who just on the surface thinks it's really dumb and have no idea why or how he's there, but I'm still willing to wait and hear what the actual answer is.

    I could maybe see it as he thinks retiring is the only way he can be happy, not married to a criminal while still crime fighting so that's why he teamed up with Bane.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  10. #25
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Penny did turn out to be a bird... This arc does have me wondering if the Bane in the cell is the same Bane who is running Arkham. He does have many resources at hand that could produce a double in one way or another.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member Naked Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Penny did turn out to be a bird... This arc does have me wondering if the Bane in the cell is the same Bane who is running Arkham. He does have many resources at hand that could produce a double in one way or another.
    That's what I thought at first, but the way he looks at the reader in the last panels of issue 59 makes me think it's really him.

  12. #27
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    That's what I thought at first, but the way he looks at the reader in the last panels of issue 59 makes me think it's really him.
    My theory on that is he switched spots with him when he learned Batman arrived at Arkham.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. For me the art from Fornes was terrific. It reminded me of nothing as much as David Mazzucchelli's work on Batman Year One and that's one of my favorite styles of Batman art ever.
    I concur with you.

  14. #29
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    My theory on that is he switched spots with him when he learned Batman arrived at Arkham.
    That would make sense. Bane's definitely got some serious shenanigans going on this time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  15. #30
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Janin’s artwork looks better under this colorist, but his static poser tracing still pales in comparison to Fornes. I’d love to see more work from Fornes in the future.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •