Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Not happy they have Thomas involved in this, mostly because I hate the multiverse and I prefer a more grounded Batman usually. But I am kind of interested to see what his reasoning is for being involved with Bane and why he would knowingly be a pawn.
    Quite. Grounded is good, once you get past the fact that Gotham is the most terrible place on the planet to live, and Bats is probably on anti-depressants. Why does every writer these days try to be the new Edgar Allen Poe rather than 'just' the new Bob Kane or Bill Finger (or Denny O'Neil...)

We don't know much about the Flashpoint world. Maybe Bane is a good guy there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    My theory on that is he switched spots with him when he learned Batman arrived at Arkham.
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
    Why does every writer these days try to be the new Edgar Allen Poe rather than 'just' the new Bob Kane or Bill Finger (or Denny O'Neil...)
    We live in the era of narcissism, Omniscient. As long as you depict yourself as the effin' best in front of the whole world, every day of your life, it really doesn't matter whether that's true or not.

Fantastic Member

Kings stories for bats are so short. Batman been so poor since he's taking over

BANNED

Quite. Grounded is good, once you get past the fact that Gotham is the most terrible place on the planet to live, and Bats is probably on anti-depressants. Why does every writer these days try to be the new Edgar Allen Poe rather than 'just' the new Bob Kane or Bill Finger (or Denny O'Neil...)
    If they COULD write like Edgar Allen Poe, they WOULD write like Edgar Allen Poe.

Fantastic Member

Why does every writer strive for making great memorable stories instead of being average.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Why does every writer strive for making great memorable stories instead of being average.
    Isn't the question:
    Why DOESN'T every writer strive for make great memorable stories instead of being average?

Lile or don't like King's style, average is definitely not a word that suits his work. He has his own distinctive voice, which is why he is divisive on Batman.

Incredible Member

Am I the only one (probably not) who noticed the position FPBats is standing in in issue 50 was the "same" spot he was standing in in 58? A mannequin perhaps?

It doesn't explain the end of 60 (or why there's even an awareness why knowledge of the suit/person exists to others outside of Flash and Bats).

Guess I'm trying my hardest to suspend my belief/ give King the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing but man he's not making it easy!

BANNED

It's suspicious to me that all the people let out of Arkham have the same story. It doesn't say they didn't know anything...in fact they all knew about Bane and that he "was in a corner crying"...I'm with Batman that something isn't right.

The only way they'd all have the same story was if they were all told what to say.