Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

No Rider won't be forgotten. I think they will use Rider but change up his origin where he will be from Xandar to avoid being like Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Merch doesn't lie:
    Ah, hadn't seen that yet!

Cool, good to know the theory turned out to be true. I love it when Im right.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

Also keep in mind that the Ghost Rider movie pitch that got approved was with Johnny Blaze not Danny or Lady Ghost Rider.

Something else to consider: given the tenuous relationship between the movie side of Marvel and the TV side of Marvel, and that Sam Alexander was created by Jeph Loeb who runs the Marvel TV side (albeit, based on his son who'd sadly passed away), I could see Rich becoming the movie Nova just as another slight against the TV side and, by extension, Ike Permutter.

Or, you start with Rich and when that actor is done with the role, you have Sam in waiting to take over, a la Captain American and Winter Soldier/Faclon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Merch doesn't lie:

It lies sometimes: https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/05...ulkbuster-pop/

I'm pretty sure Zub's endgame with Sam is to give him some different power source to differentiate him from Rich, which may or may not lead to a new codename. At least, that's what I'd do. As for the movies, Ms. Marvel has to come eventually and Sam is needed for her Champ trinity, while the cosmic MCU has a million characters to use.

About that: I don't expect an MCU Champions roster to match the comic books. Instead, it'll be merged with the Young Avengers. One thing is already certain - Wasp can't be a Champion, because Nadia's counterpart already exists, the adult Hope van Dyne. Of course, Ant-Man also introduced a Young Avenger, Cassie Lang, so she'd take her place. Another problem is Spider-Man, since they used Peter instead of Miles. Brawn is a problem too because Hulk doesn't get solo films, making it hard to introduce Amadeus Cho.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Something else to consider: given the tenuous relationship between the movie side of Marvel and the TV side of Marvel, and that Sam Alexander was created by Jeph Loeb who runs the Marvel TV side (albeit, based on his son who'd sadly passed away), I could see Rich becoming the movie Nova just as another slight against the TV side and, by extension, Ike Permutter.
    That's a good point. Fiege and Perlmutter seem to really hate each other, from what I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised if the movies used Richard just to piss Ike off.

I really hate this kind of corporate pissing contest, especially between two agencies that should work in concert, but I vastly favor Rich over Sam (who is a good character, dont get me wrong) so I can't say Id complain too much if this turned out to be the case.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Also keep in mind that the Ghost Rider movie pitch that got approved was with Johnny Blaze not Danny or Lady Ghost Rider.
    Difference here is that it was not part of a coordinated diversity push. The Russo brothers just recently remarked that the MCU is about to get very diverse, very quickly after Avengers 4. We're seeing that is clearly the direction Marvel Studios is headed, so I could very easily see them being interested in a Nova movie with a Latino protagonist instead of another white male, especially when the competition is also quickly catching on that it's an untapped market (WB was just recently revealed to be working on a Blue Beetle movie).

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wouldn't be so certain that there would be no mention or appearance of Rich Rider if a Sam Alexander lead Nova film is made. There is no mention of Mar-Vell yet in Captain Marvel but we don't know for certain if he is completely absent.

Marvel has acknowledged the original incarnations of many of their legacy heroes in live action.

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider appeared alongside Reyes version in Agents Of Shield. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne appear in the Ant-Man and Wasp franchise. The Original Guardians appear in the Guardians of The Galaxy movies as Ravanger Captains that were once rag tag outlaw heroes like the Star-Lord team. Iron Fist was even setting up Orson Randall for the third season that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's a good point. Fiege and Perlmutter seem to really hate each other, from what I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised if the movies used Richard just to piss Ike off.

I really hate this kind of corporate pissing contest, especially between two agencies that should work in concert, but I vastly favor Rich over Sam (who is a good character, dont get me wrong) so I can't say Id complain too much if this turned out to be the case.
    Normally I'd agree with the pissing contest sentiment, but in this case I think it's only helped the Marvel films. Permutter and his "Creative" Committee kind of ran roughshod over the earlier Marvel films and were directly responsible for the negative publicity Marvel drew during that time (particularly the lack of Black Widow toys on the shelves). If Feige hadn't gotten out from under them, I don't know if Black Panther would've been the same film it was and, by extension, as successful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I wouldn't be so certain that there would be no mention or appearance of Rich Rider if a Sam Alexander lead Nova film is made. There is no mention of Mar-Vell yet in Captain Marvel but we don't know for certain if he is completely absent.

Marvel has acknowledged the original incarnations of many of their legacy heroes in live action.

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider appeared alongside Reyes version in Agents Of Shield. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne appear in the Ant-Man and Wasp franchise. The Original Guardians appear in the Guardians of The Galaxy movies as Ravanger Captains that were once rag tag outlaw heroes like the Star-Lord team. Iron Fist was even setting up Orson Randall for the third season that won't happen.
    Don't forget Rider's buddy Night Trasher is running around in a still looking for a home series New Warriors. You would think Dwayne's MIA friends would get mentioned there at least.

Difference here is that it was not part of a coordinated diversity push. The Russo brothers just recently remarked that the MCU is about to get very diverse, very quickly after Avengers 4. We're seeing that is clearly the direction Marvel Studios is headed, so I could very easily see them being interested in a Nova movie with Latino protagonist instead of another white male, especially when the competition is also quickly catching on that it's an untapped market (WB was just recently revealed to be working on a Blue Beetle movie)[/B]
    Doesn't Miles sort of tap into that considering his Mom.
    And Miguel O'Hara too?

And America is running around too.
    Along with Robbie Reyes.

Marvel is already trying to get into that market-Dc is late to the dance as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Doesn't Miles sort of tap into that considering his Mom..
    I ain't talking about Sony.

And America is running around too.
    Along with Robbie Reyes.
    None of them are in movies. It's admirable what they're doing with Secret Warriors, but a big budget film is a whole other ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Difference here is that it was not part of a coordinated diversity push. The Russo brothers just recently remarked that the MCU is about to get very diverse, very quickly after Avengers 4. We're seeing that is clearly the direction Marvel Studios is headed, so I could very easily see them being interested in a Nova movie with a Latino protagonist instead of another white male, especially when the competition is also quickly catching on that it's an untapped market (WB was just recently revealed to be working on a Blue Beetle movie).
    Right, similar to how they announced a Cyborg movie almost 5 years ago. It's believe it when I see it when it comes to WB/DC.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There's not a hard rule saying that Rich Rider has to be white in a movie. Sam Alexander is just as ethnically generic a name as Rich Rider, though less Silver Agey with the lack of alliteration (and also, to be fair, less memorable).