Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Somehow Jube's story really worked for me, probably because it evoked Romero's Dawn of the Dead movie, while also showing Jubes doing gymnastics at a mall and Storm pontificating at a villain ala Night of the Sentinels. Yes, the idea of her being gone for almost a whole month and the X-Men not investigating until some board member's kid calls them was silly, plot-induced-stupidity, but considering how thin most of these stories were anyways, it still worked for me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was a fun one-shot. A few gems off the top of my head: Beast, Cannonball, Rogue & Gambit, Braddock family, Kate Pryde.

A few duds as well: Storm complaining about the weather being cold... really? And Storm again in the Multiple Man story didn't really sound like herself. I can understand going for the comedy angle but it would be great to still have the characters speak like themselves.

This one shot was really a waste of cash.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOMSONN View Post
    The amount of characterization and detail in some of these is amazing, especially since they are only a page long. Nature Girl and Kitty both gave me chills when reading them. Jubilee and Shogo haven’t interacted that much in this one page in several months-worth of X-Men comics;;CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC
    Yeah I agree. While I’m annoyed at myself for picking this up, because it was really inconsequential to X-Men as a whole, some of the character work was excellent, packing more into one page than we’ve seen in the 4 issues of the relaunched Uncanny to date

I think this was pretty great. I'm not really sure what people were expecting? It was a holiday oneshot not a primer to an event.

Idc what anyone says but the Glob Herman page was adorable and hilarious.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. It was a fun one-shot.

This had Dr Nemesis and Rao in it, and popped up a day after I was wondering what became of them. That's good enough for me.