Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default First signs of Disassembled

CBR has figured out why the X-Men will be Disassembling.

They are on to something. Though I do wonder how this will play out.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-disassembled-civil-war/
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

BANNED

Here's hoping Scott and Logan will just step in saying "yeah, you're not repeating the shit we did, sorry" and whatever possible schism will be just a "what if?".

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have a feeling most of the younger students will be joining Emma, and the Hellfire Club, as the new Hellions, or forming a new “X-Force” type of team, after this is all over.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Well, I definitely hope that is the part that makes the X-men kinda fall apart.
    Having the STUDENTS be the breaking point in a franchise that pretty much always has a "school" component to it will definitely be a refreshing change.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly the only young X-Men that are trying to make this a point or a thing are Armor, Glob Herman, and MAYBE Anole. It isn't as big a deal as they're making out to be and if it's just three of the kids trying to fuck shit up... eh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly the only young X-Men that are trying to make this a point or a thing are Armor, Glob Herman, and MAYBE Anole. It isn't as big a deal as they're making out to be and if it's just three of the kids trying to fuck shit up... eh.
    It starts with these 3. But the 2 others will join them and some others might follow.

And .... things up? I dunno, they do habe a point. The point being what many fans complain about, that they were only used for back up and clean up.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Well, I definitely hope that is the part that makes the X-men kinda fall apart.
    Having the STUDENTS be the breaking point in a franchise that pretty much always has a "school" component to it will definitely be a refreshing change.
    Right??

I was kinda on the fence with the idea ... cuz marvel can’t handle civil wars when it comes to the Xmen but I agree with ur post.

I like the idea of the students going out on their own and creating something new, similar to Champions. It would put the X-Men in a strange position, possibly not having the school anymore. I've always liked the school element but when I think back to my favorite eras (original Gold/Blue, Outback), there really was no school and I enjoyed them.

Pixie is a Frost fan and a Scemma fan. She would switch sides the moment she's asked to.

That would be a great idea and would like to see it not in the form of a civil war something like Champions but I feel this is not going to happen.

The reason is simple is a story in an alternate reality where the mutants inhabit while in reality the X-mens disappeared and Scott and Logan try to gather the pieces and keep the dream alive after the X-mens disappear without leaving traces.

The title Disassembling is a reference to a famous story of the Avengers that generated a great impact at the time but the circumstances for the X-mens and the Avengers is totally different which makes me think the title is just to try to catch the attention of readers and fans without necessarily representing a drastic change in the X-mens. The very fact that they bring Scott and Wolverine back together seems much more of a call back to origins than a temporary paradigm shift. Of course hope to be wrong but do not see another writer like Bendis with the power and freedom to make big changes at a time when Disney has just recovered the rights to mutant movies.

Who would have thought. We already have a copy of AoA and now Schism lol.

Schism all over again.... Why oh why.

Astonishing Member

X-Men disassembled was fun the first time around...back when they went through the siege perilous.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Schism all over again.... Why oh why.
    why does everyone hate schism?...I liked that story. I respect them for trying to take the X-Men in a new direction and that last fight between Cyke and Wolverine was dope

I am completely pro-Schism II, or as it would be marketed, "Schism 4 Kidz." Wild how Phoenix Five Glob would end up murking Jean again, though.