Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just going by what you posted (I'm not wasting money on this book so I cannot verify for myself)...This. Makes. No. Sense. At. All. Plot-wise, story-wise and especially character-wise. After all she's experienced with the Advanced teams to consider this course of action is beyond stupid.
    To be fair, that description isn't exactly accurate to what happens in the story as presented.
    Armor is angry that they aren't listening to Legion despite him seeming to be the only one who actually might know what the hell is going on.
    They'd rather just telepathically force him to sleep instead of hearing him out.
    The kids basically get him to tell them where to find X-Man within 2 seconds of talking to him, so she's not wrong on that one.

And "the plan", in as far as there IS a plan, involves asking Jamie for his help, so he's not being forced to do anything at this stage.
    And it at least appears that the plan involves going after one of the most powerful mutants in the world by throwing ANOTHER one of the most powerful mutants in the world at him - I've heard of worse plans.

Meanwhile, the X-men are dealing with the Symptoms rather then going after the cause of the problem - and not even doing that all that effectively, since Jean basically lets Blob and Omega Red go without a fight to save a bunch of oil rig workers - which granted, saving people is kind of their job as heroes and all, but it still doesn't solve the problem, and only ensures Nate will now know the X-men are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    He becomes a hippy in age of x, and probably launched his own version of Woodstock. The time of him being a threat has long past.
    Pooky is just being treated as seriously as anyone who wears toy power armor like that should be treated. But I think the real mastermind behind Nate's Christian Rock phase is the Pooky dummy from the Ultimate universe. CALLING IT NOW!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ahhh. Thank you BladeofDarkness. Context, clarity and reading comprehension is EVERYTHING!!!

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ahhh. Thank you BladeofDarkness. Context, clarity and reading comprehension is EVERYTHING!!!
    Not sure I have any of those things, but your welcome all the same

First thing first. Why hasn't Glob been given a costume...you would think something covering his body would be appropriate.

So another setup issue in the middle of the arc..alright. I can already see how Armor is gonna be proven right and win her own team.

Not a bad issue...just a little bit boring
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    "this level of power is unheard of"
    "not even Xavier at his strongest could have done it"
    hha is almost like Writers never read a x-men comic lately

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hha is almost like Writers never read a x-men comic lately
    They Don't....

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    First thing first. Why hasn't Glob been given a costume...you would think something covering his body would be appropriate.

So another setup issue in the middle of the arc..alright. I can already see how Armor is gonna be proven right and win her own team.

Having a costume kind of defeats the purpose of his one gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

The New/Millennial/Forgotten X-Men have this massive aesthetic problem where the pre-2000's gang can get sick nasty redesigns but they're stuck with the snooze inducing genero outfits, but Glob is actually perfect as he is. Even giving him pants would totally derail the design.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    To be fair, that description isn't exactly accurate to what happens in the story as presented.
    Armor is angry that they aren't listening to Legion despite him seeming to be the only one who actually might know what the hell is going on.
    They'd rather just telepathically force him to sleep instead of hearing him out.
    The kids basically get him to tell them where to find X-Man within 2 seconds of talking to him, so she's not wrong on that one.

And "the plan", in as far as there IS a plan, involves asking Jamie for his help, so he's not being forced to do anything at this stage.
    And it at least appears that the plan involves going after one of the most powerful mutants in the world by throwing ANOTHER one of the most powerful mutants in the world at him - I've heard of worse plans.

Meanwhile, the X-men are dealing with the Symptoms rather then going after the cause of the problem - and not even doing that all that effectively, since Jean basically lets Blob and Omega Red go without a fight to save a bunch of oil rig workers - which granted, saving people is kind of their job as heroes and all, but it still doesn't solve the problem, and only ensures Nate will now know the X-men are still alive.
    To the last paragraph: This is why there has to be an X-Force.

Alright who let Hopeless’ Laura bot out again and why is it now channeling Gabby?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-05-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Was it explained how Jubilee and Northstar recovered from their serious injuries last issue?

Poor Jamie.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

I loved Betsy directing Ororo's squad. Get it, girl!
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I loved Betsy directing Ororo's squad. Get it, girl!
    That's kind of been Besty and Storm's thing. Storm is the leader, Besty is the second in command.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.