Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #4 (spoilers/discussion)

So we can move out of the preview thread.

I'm not really feeling Nate Grey here, but I kinda love Legion and his crazed logic taking responsibility for the whole thing going allllll the way back to AoA.

The junior team's plot thread is starting to take more shape, which is cool. And I liked that it was Pixie and Armor on opposite sides of the question about whether they should hear Legion out. They've both had experience with the senior ranks, then moved back down to the kiddie table, so it kind of gives both points equal standing.

If Beast has wrecked everything again, I'm gonna just gonna facepalm into infinity.

Overall, I felt like things really got moving this issue. Liked it, looking forward to next week.

You think Blindfold would be heavily involved given Legions appearance. I

Why isnt there more fallout from NYC and the US government from a building blowing up in the middle of Central Park?

Spectacular Member

IF they are heading down the path to make AOA never happening then count a lot of people pot. That was a good story period. I will take that storyline over some of the dribble the past 10 years making the X-men the villains of the Marvel Universe. People can make fun of the 90's all they want but at least stuff happen. The last 10 years has been mostly crappy on purpose because of movie rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why isnt there more fallout from NYC and the US government from a building blowing up in the middle of Central Park?
    In the middle of a global crisis?

BANNED

Laura sounded horrible. And the NXM + Armor feels like they're just being set up as strawmen to show how right the X-Men are for keeping them on the bench. Also, Armor would have worked better if it was either Surge or Hellion instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    IF they are heading down the path to make AOA never happening then count a lot of people pot. That was a good story period. I will take that storyline over some of the dribble the past 10 years making the X-men the villains of the Marvel Universe. People can make fun of the 90's all they want but at least stuff happen. The last 10 years has been mostly crappy on purpose because of movie rights.

How would they do that?lol.

I needed 50% less New X-Men to have enjoyed this. I wonder if X-Man has just went crazy or if he's being mindwashed/manipulated by someone.

The Jean/Armor argument was so weird and off putting from both sides. I appreciate trying to give the kids something to do, but I agree that Surge and Hellion would be better fits.

The plot didn’t move much this issue. But I liked Storm’s team. They look so good together.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    In the middle of a global crisis?
    Yeah. NYC is part of that global crisis. Especially after 911, an explosion happening in the middle of a national landmark in NYC of all places, should draw more attention

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura sounded horrible. And the NXM + Armor feels like they're just being set up as strawmen to show how right the X-Men are for keeping them on the bench. Also, Armor would have worked better if it was either Surge or Hellion instead.

The writers on this book love Armor more than they do Hellion or Surge, so that’s obviously why she’s there. But I agree. Narratively speaking, it would’ve felt more appropriate to have Hellion or Surge express the same discontent.

Also I felt like I was reading Kate Bishop with claws instead of Laura. Major fail on Laura’s voice here.

Yeah. NYC is part of that global crisis. Especially after 911, an explosion happening in the middle of a national landmark in NYC of all places, should draw more attention
    The American government isn't gonna try and flex on Jesus!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Seriously?
    You both know that this is comics, right? And if the plot point has no bearing on the story being told then...a segue to "Armed forces converges on Central Park in the wake of explosion and faces off against possible mutant threats" is certainly not going to take up valuable page real-estate.

Also consider with the other superheroes in and around Marvel NYC and the City's history...unless additional forces are specifically requested/necessary those in charge will just assume that the Supers will take care of it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Considering it's the NYPD, they're probably still hiding in the locker rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Seriously?
    You both know that this is comics, right? And if the plot point has no bearing on the story being told then...a segue to "Armed forces converges on Central Park in the wake of explosion and faces off against possible mutant threats" is certainly not going to take up valuable page real-estate.

Also consider with the other superheroes in and around Marvel NYC and the City's history...unless additional forces are specifically requested/necessary those in charge will just assume that the Supers will take care of it.
    Yes seriously. The X-Mansion being in Central Park was stupid to begin with so I would like to see consequences of that decision.. They treated the explosion like it was no big deal. All it needs is a little cleanup by the kids. WTF? It should have drawn more attention

And I dont think its irrelevant to the plot especially since this arc opened up with anti-mutant propaganda back in play. I didnt need armed forced to show up. It showing up on the news, the media coming and hounding the X-men, collateral damage with people blaming the X-men/mutants would have sufficed. Jean was talking about rebuilding but I hope a latter issue has the mayor evicting them from that space
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-05-2018 at 09:14 AM.