Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hate how Legion was treated. The X-men were mean and cruel constantly calling him crazy and dismissing him. Super stigmatizing writing.
    In their defense, he is crazy, its part of his character. Were they supposed to say okay a character who has never shown any sign of being evil is the bad guy and your the good guy?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So many annoying things going on in this Frankenstein's Monster of a plot. I think it was WhiteQueenEmmaFrost that said the arguments were like people posting on a forum and that seems pretty right on the money.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    In their defense, he is crazy, its part of his character. Were they supposed to say okay a character who has never shown any sign of being evil is the bad guy and your the good guy?
    The problem with this viewpoint is that he actually told them something they truly didn't know(Nate having already gotten Apocalypse). Not saying that means David should be let go, but it deserved more of a follow-up instead of being dismissed outright like that.

I...can't say I like this but I can't say I hate it either.

Armor and Jean have points but either are not really doing as much as they can in leader points.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The problem with this viewpoint is that he actually told them something they truly didn't know(Nate having already gotten Apocalypse). Not saying that means David should be let go, but it deserved more of a follow-up instead of being dismissed outright like that.
    I'm just saying that he wouldn't and shouldn't be trusted at face value. The real problem here is that they are already gimping Jean. She should be able to read David's mind and communicate back to Nate with no problem.

The Jean/Armor scene wasn't a good look on anyone.

David: "Chad and Stacy, Nate and Pooky, Jean and Betsy, WINNERS OF THE GENETIC LOTTERY!"

JeBets: "Sleep"

He was regressed back to being crazy.

Sigh...

I don't think Jean was the right character for that scene, and from some of the comments here, apparently neither was Armor. It's like the writers just need for an X-Men/Students conflict, and Jean/Armor just have to be the ones because they're the leaders rather than because it makes sense for their characters to act like that. It would have made more sense if it was Kitty in Jean's place, it would feel consistent with her characterization on Astonishing.

I liked seeing things from David's perspective in his solo Legacy series. The writer treated mental illness with respect. It makes sense why David would hate the X-men but do we really want our heroes to be jerks?

Legion hasn't been written like a generic, blabbering psychopath for decades. The point where he can't create a coherent sentence hasn't been a part of his character in decades either.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Legion hasn't been written like a generic, blabbering psychopath for decades. The point where he can't create a coherent sentence hasn't been a part of his character in decades either.
    Jean doesnt have any experience with a sane Legion. She hasnt had much interaction with him but what she's had was consistent with what she saw win this issue. She doesnt know the Legion from Wells and Spurrier's runs

Extraordinary Member

I didn't hate it and the Nate Grey mystery genuinely has me interested.

But I wish we knew that Jean and Armor would actually resolve their issues. Because part of my frustration is that I feel like Wolverine and Cyclops are just gonna come in and steal the show and this conflict will just be pushed under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This franchise is so obsessed with old storylines and regurgitating old concepts ad nauseam that it's a really hard sell to expect them to be knowingly playing on nostalgia in order to whip out something fresh. Especially when this book that seems to lick the grime between Jim Lee's toes along with the rest of the 90's is replacing Gold, which did the exact same thing for Claremont and the 80's. Even ignoring plot things, all the symbolic moves like regressing everyone's costumes and the clear intention of getting old teams back together. The cover of #11 really is just asking where have the 90's gone. Cyclops in agony over its absence. Imagine how weird an Avengers cover of Steve doing the same thing for the, uh, 1964 team would look.

Also, this storyline shouldn't be called Disassembled. It's like they wanted to do something like Avengers Disassembled, so they took that title without recognizing why that word has specific significance to the Avengers and how much weight the word assemble has to that franchise, in and out of universe. The plot is about Nate wanting to remake the world in 7 days, so too bad Deadly Genesis has been taken!
    That's the main problem I see with at least X-Men comics, as well. Everything seems to be about nostalgia for "the good old days" and bringing back the same old stuff ad nauseum, instead of moving forward in a way that's informed by the past, or seriously interrogating and rectifying some things done previously. In the rare cases where Marvel actually does this, they try to hide the fact they're doing it. As if they're ashamed to make progress and do something good because it highlights how past Marvel wasn't perfect or failed in that respect.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

There, all caught up. Read issues 2 & 3 earlier today, and 4 just now. I've been entertained by the action & adventure approach, and overall, enjoyed its reminiscent flip side well enough.

So to me, it seems like the event(s) Legion's tryin' to prevent is gonna happen anyway, and that's how we get AoXM. Everyone involved will be presumed dead probably, but really they'll just have been pulled into an alternate world created by Nate Grey, à la Onslaught/Franklin Richards/Heroes Reborn. Which means Storm & Jean and their teams will fail, leading to Devastation & its "Last X-Men" drama back in 'reality'.

Random predictions: Nate will either seek out or somehow come into contact with Dani Moonstar, and separate her from Warlock, possibly restoring her Mutant powers in the process. But she will spurn his fanatical agenda, thereby leading to her Prisoner X fate. Same goes for Polaris, who will likely be branded an 'offender' for defying her brainwashed father, Magneto. Leader of the pack Bishop looks to get singled out by the end, for knowing something to do with Apocalypse maybe, per this issue. Beast for his signature screw-up with the cure in the same, I guess. Don't know about Gabby, eXcept goin' against Laura or something.

Dazzler will somehow become involved with the captive Apocalypse & Kitty, and/or their rescue, leading to the X-Tracts and their resistance against the Marvelous team & their X-Tremists. Not sure how Eye-Man & Unveil come in.

NextGen look to be getting punished for their ongoing insubordination, as well.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-07-2018 at 08:00 AM.