Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Thirsty much? I've noticed since tumblr made that announcement I've been seeing an increase in the thirst amongst gays lol

I'm not disagreeing lol
    I'm actually really surprised no one made thirst comments up until now, considering the cover alone was a blatant thirst trap. (I also don't want to pin it on tumblr, because I fondly remember a full thread page devoted to scantily-clad, manspreading Namor in Red's early issues. I miss that, lol!)

Not even seeing the condescendence or hypocrisy here still.

-astonishing XMEN; she has Nate grey join her team
    -eve of destruction; she has sunpyre and wraith on her team
    -X-Factor; she and Scott live the city under power packs protection when Apocalypse attacks
    -new Xmen; she let's the students defend the school when the U-men attack
    -Xmen Red ; she has trinary, Laura, Gabby and gentle on her team
    -the times they asked the kids to stay back were not because they're treating them like children, but because the mansion is empty from all the other students helping around the world, so they need someone to keep watch and take care of the injured people in the infirmary

Jean has consistently shown that she trusts in kids to be able to fight, even inexperienced ones. You guys are ignoring the context here and just pointing fingers. But I do agree that Jean could have been more open and empathic. They usually go out of their way to show her being like that. I wonder if it's the situation with Nate being family that's getting to her

Both Jean and armor could have handled things better in this issue, but seriously armors behavior has been annoying.

In the first issue, she and Anole complain about being sent to investigate the sewers. Talking in a way that made it look like it's a job for low class X-men. But if you look at Xmen history, the A Rank X- people have all had their times in the sewers without crying about it like this. Heck Jean has had her hands turned into long tentacles in the sewers.

They complained about being left to watch the mansion, which was after their team was involved in an accident with two injured, and the mansion was empty from all the other students being deployed to help in the situation (which means students are actually being used to fight).

They complained about being asked to save civilians, thinking it's a low rank job. Meanwhile on her team in issue 3 and Issue 4, we show Jean delegating people like iceman, Bishop, Northstar to save civilians.

They complain, when adults who have previously dealt with Legion as a villain and are currently the only ones with memory of him, decide he might be too much of a loose Cannon and put him to sleep.

Then complain again when she is put on a team, but her friends are left behind to watch the mansion (I mean, wouldn't want any purifier or reaver to come in and steal their tech or kill Anole and Oya who were still in comas).

They are complaining about things that other X- teams have done and gone through, and acting like it's them being low rank X- people that is the cause.

While I'm enjoying the ride, some things have annoyed me. For instance, I want to like Beast again. I don't want him screwing something else up. I'm going to cross my fingers about that. Also Armor, I don't see her as this confrontational. Surge and Hellion, yes. Not her. I'm hoping she calms down though.

I did enjoy Pixie's stance because I do think that it's not a very sound idea to let David loose. If David really wanted someone to listen he wouldn't have captured, tortured, and forced Jamie to make thousands of dupes. He wouldn't have manipulated the innocent flatscans in the restaurant that caused the death of that elderly woman. But yes, he's crazy. I know. It would have been beneficial for Jetsy to glean information from his mind though.

I actually liked the Glob/Jamie interaction. I can't believe it. Glob is so far off my radar he might as well be Jnco Jeans.

Jean's statement of thought casting world-wide was a little side-eye. Betsy, Emma, and Jean herself has at some point in time been privy to sensing thoughts all across the world. Anyway, I enjoyed the issue overall. Can't wait for more!!

Thirsty much? I've noticed since tumblr made that announcement I've been seeing an increase in the thirst amongst gays lol

I'm not disagreeing lol
    I can't with y'all lolol

Did the text UNDER the panel bug anyone else? I get they were going for him being crazy, but it just seemed like it seemed like a bad crop job...almost like you wanted to double tap it to make it bigger, but you know...it's a book.
    Yes. Yes, it did. That was really stupid way to show him being crazy. Like, what? Why not just change font size and font style randomly? like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    In fact, you could switch Kitty and Jean's roles in this story so far and things would make a little more sense: Kitty deserves to hear what Hisako has said here and Jean is someone Nate would actually want to restrain because of her power.
    Switching the characters would make a lot more sense, actually. It's not like Jean has contributed much to any of the fighting. Betsy could have done all of the TP by herself and Kitty would just be yelling orders like Jean has done. And Jean actually had a relationship with Nate, so having her try to talk sense to him would actually work.

Honestly, the writing and art have been weak so far. I was excited when they first announced this series (I like Brisson and Thompson), but each issue is worse than the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jean has consistently shown that she trusts in kids to be able to fight, even inexperienced ones. You guys are ignoring the context here and just pointing fingers. But I do agree that Jean could have been more open and empathic. They usually go out of their way to show her being like that. I wonder if it's the situation with Nate being family that's getting to her.
    This is really the gist of my issue, personally: Jean has never sidelined young mutants and would not be the character that gets into an ego contest with a teenager. I don't think the Nate thing is clouding her judgement, the writing is just... not good, and this particular plot point was just assigned to her and Hisako without really considering if they were the right characters for it.

Everything else in your post just demonstrates the lack of depth of the story, as the kids complaining about doing things any high-ranking X-Man has done before is ridiculous.

BANNED

"It's so unfair that the bad OOC writing Kitty had to endure is now being projected onto Jean!" - Jean fans

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "It's so unfair that the bad OOC writing Kitty had to endure is now being projected onto Jean!" - Jean fans
    Lol, I should probably tone it down. But yikes, Storm and Kitty fans, I apologize for throwing shade all those times

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

The above page deftly shows one (just one) of the missing elements of today's writing/writers...The ability to get inside the characters' heads to better tell the story, to give the story more depth, to understand the characters' motivations for the decisions being made resulting in better character development over all.
    I'm not saying to obscure 2/3 of every panel with internal monologue text (Claremont went way too far most of the times) but some insight would be vastly helpful in trying to get across the writer's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Not even seeing the condescendence or hypocrisy here still.

-astonishing XMEN; she has Nate grey join her team
    -eve of destruction; she has sunpyre and wraith on her team
    -X-Factor; she and Scott live the city under power packs protection when Apocalypse attacks
    -new Xmen; she let's the students defend the school when the U-men attack
    -Xmen Red ; she has trinary, Laura, Gabby and gentle on her team
    -the times they asked the kids to stay back were not because they're treating them like children, but because the mansion is empty from all the other students helping around the world, so they need someone to keep watch and take care of the injured people in the infirmary

Jean has consistently shown that she trusts in kids to be able to fight, even inexperienced ones. You guys are ignoring the context here and just pointing fingers. But I do agree that Jean could have been more open and empathic. They usually go out of their way to show her being like that. I wonder if it's the situation with Nate being family that's getting to her

Both Jean and armor could have handled things better in this issue, but seriously armors behavior has been annoying.

In the first issue, she and Anole complain about being sent to investigate the sewers. Talking in a way that made it look like it's a job for low class X-men. But if you look at Xmen history, the A Rank X- people have all had their times in the sewers without crying about it like this. Heck Jean has had her hands turned into long tentacles in the sewers.

They complained about being left to watch the mansion, which was after their team was involved in an accident with two injured, and the mansion was empty from all the other students being deployed to help in the situation (which means students are actually being used to fight).

They complained about being asked to save civilians, thinking it's a low rank job. Meanwhile on her team in issue 3 and Issue 4, we show Jean delegating people like iceman, Bishop, Northstar to save civilians.

They complain, when adults who have previously dealt with Legion as a villain and are currently the only ones with memory of him, decide he might be too much of a loose Cannon and put him to sleep.

Then complain again when she is put on a team, but her friends are left behind to watch the mansion (I mean, wouldn't want any purifier or reaver to come in and steal their tech or kill Anole and Oya who were still in comas).

They are complaining about things that other X- teams have done and gone through, and acting like it's them being low rank X- people that is the cause.
    Your post makes the most sense

Thought bubbles were crucial. The more we can learn about these characters, the more we can relate to them. That was Claremont's greatest asset. Modern comics try too hard to be cinematic. It creates a more superficial quality that is antagonistic to forming deeper relationships. Claremont would occasionally over-explain things(which the art could easily illustrate), but for the most part, his text would enrich the reading experience and flesh out the characters.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

When it goes for long and it's consistent on other books, it kind of stops being OOC and just becomes part of their character. Like how Beast became an asshole. Hopefully it won't be the case for Jean(I don't feel like it will based on just this one scene).

But it's not actually a wrong assessment, is it? Lol. I think it's more an issue of Gold's general not-goodness being carried over to Uncanny as a whole, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    When it goes for long and it's consistent on other books, it kind of stops being OOC and just becomes part of their character. Like how Beast became an asshole. Hopefully it won't be the case for Jean(I don't feel like it will based on just this one scene).
    There's always the possibility the entire thing will be swept under the rug after the AU starts, never to be heard of again. (That may be giving the writers too little credit, but also: totally possible.)
    Last edited by FeniSam; 12-06-2018 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    lol this is bullshit. Storm has been mischaracterized as an incompetent rube for at least a decade, yet nobody argues that her current characterization is therefore in character.

lol this is bullshit. Storm has been mischaracterized as an incompetent rube for at least a decade, yet nobody argues that her current characterization is therefore in character.
    plenty of people on here have