Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was just alright.

The New X-Men really drag this book down. The whining and fighting is just getting old. We get it. You want to play in the big leagues.

No answers with Nate. Though I expect they'll come soon enough.

Love Jean and Storm's teams. Wish we got more of them.

Really enjoying Legion in this.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-05-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Was it explained how Jubilee and Northstar recovered from their serious injuries last issue?
    Northstar has a minor healing factor, though I don't think it's been mentioned since his 90's mini-series.

Fantastic Member

I've been enjoying Uncanny enough to make the decision that I wont be reading the discussion threads for it anymore. I can understand not liking it, and I respect that. But it feels too antagonistic here sometimes.

I think I'll go back to lurking for previews, its been nice y'all, happy holidays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why isnt there more fallout from NYC and the US government from a building blowing up in the middle of Central Park?
    Yeah. NYC is part of that global crisis. Especially after 911, an explosion happening in the middle of a national landmark in NYC of all places, should draw more attention
    Yes seriously. The X-Mansion being in Central Park was stupid to begin with so I would like to see consequences of that decision.. They treated the explosion like it was no big deal. All it needs is a little cleanup by the kids. WTF? It should have drawn more attention.
    Given all that's going on, around the world, the X-mansion blowing up just isn't a high priority for anyone at the moment, nor should it be.

Maybe when all this is over, I'm sure they'll be some discussion about it but for now, it's just a blown up building in an incident that had no casualties or injuries.

And we know there wasn't because it'd be addressed already if there were.

Also, in the Marvel universe post 9/11, how many buildings have blown up in Manhattan? Probably a lot. So it doesn't quite mean the same thing in the MU as it would to us.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Stay in YOUR PLACE!!! Young X-Men LOL. Is basically what Jean said.
    Hmm, kind of the opposite. What she says is "Go. Stay. Do whatever you feel is right."

Jean tells Armor that if she isn't going to listen to her order then just do what she feels driven to do but don't waste time in the middle of a crisis with arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Also I feel this story would be better with out the New XMen, Armor especially. The conflict with them just doesnt ring true when all these leaders have had younger people on their team in the past. Everything about this book just rings false and there just because they want it there. I keep hoping it gets better... ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The New X-Men really drag this book down. The whining and fighting is just getting old. We get it. You want to play in the big leagues.
    I don't get the impatience with the new X-Men subplot, or the irritation with Armor. It's one of the aspects of this story that I like the most.

I don't see Armor as being a brat, just assertive. And it seems clear that, in the end, she's going to be proven right for going her own way.

I think some tension between old and new X-Men is fine. If everyone agrees on everything and always chooses to go in the same, agreed upon direction all the time, there wouldn't be much room for drama, conflict or growth.

This was another good issue, overall, maybe my favorite yet.

All-New Member

So I'm still not totally convinced that we needed four issues to get to this point, but I like where we're at overall. The Legion-Madrox stuff has all now been pretty well explained (and it's enjoyable!) but I think it could have been done in one or two issues max. X-Man has never been my favourite character but they are trying something very new with him here, so it'll take a while to see how it pays off.

I continue to enjoy the art, which feels pretty consistent, and am on the whole feeling pretty good about choosing this series to jump back into regular month to month (or, I guess, week to week) X-comic buying.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Given all that's going on, around the world, the X-mansion blowing up just isn't a high priority for anyone at the moment, nor should it be.

Maybe when all this is over, I'm sure they'll be some discussion about it but for now, it's just a blown up building in an incident that had no casualties or injuries.

And we know there wasn't because it'd be addressed already if there were.

Also, in the Marvel universe post 9/11, how many buildings have blown up in Manhattan? Probably a lot. So it doesn't quite mean the same thing in the MU as it would to us.

Hmm, kind of the opposite. What she says is "Go. Stay. Do whatever you feel is right."

Jean tells Armor that if she isn't going to listen to her order then just do what she feels driven to do but don't waste time in the middle of a crisis with arguments.

I don't get the impatience with the new X-Men subplot, or the irritation with Armor. It's one of the aspects of this story that I like the most.

I don't see Armor as being a brat, just assertive. And it seems clear that, in the end, she's going to be proven right for going her own way.

I think some tension between old and new X-Men is fine. If everyone agrees on everything and always chooses to go in the same, agreed upon direction all the time, there wouldn't be much room for drama, conflict or growth.

This was another good issue, overall, maybe my favorite yet.
    I think the subplot is there to repersent the readers. Some people want more established characters while others want new younger characters.

I feel like the writers could do more with the story if it wasn't getting sidetracked by the kids. This issue was way too heavy on focusing on them, and I'd rather follow the adults. They don't rank over any of these X-Men, and getting an attitude is just annoying, and it's been a constant within these four issues. I understand they are frustrated, but I feel like their subplot should be utilized in their own book.

I feel like the writers could do more with the story if it wasn't getting sidetracked by the kids. This issue was way too heavy on focusing on them, and I'd rather follow the adults. They don't rank over any of these X-Men, and getting an attitude is just annoying, and it's been a constant within these four issues. I understand they are frustrated, but I feel like their subplot should be utilized in their own book.
    Which book? If they don't have one. This is the first time in years that they have some spotlight, for f@# shake.

I really getting annoyed specially on Glob. Armor also is bad, but he is even worse helping her plan.

what can go wrong helping a man with 348495 personalities. they never watched Split?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Which book? If they don't have one. This is the first time in years that they have some spotlight, for f@# shake.
    I'm aware they don't have one, but feel as if this plot should be saved for when they ever do get one.

IA with others that have stated that this stuff would have worked better with Surge in the same role as Armor but this is just too OOC for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Which is problematic. IA with Soulsword in that htey add nothing to this story but drag it down. Marvel should have just greenlit them a 4 issue mini which had them off doing their own thing. There's global occurrences as a result of X-Man. Let them have their own adventure separate from the main story

I'm aware they don't have one, but feel as if this plot should be saved for when they ever do get one.
    Counting that the x-editors don't give a f@#% about the New X-men, a book for them is practically impossible. I think that Donald Trump being pro-inimigrant would be more possible than a book with them as main protagonists. So these scenes are the only chance they have for some spotlight.

And honestly their moments are one of the good things of the series. It's about damn time they complain about the treatment they got. I recognize that i hate Cyclops, but at least he treated them with more respect and dignity (probably the only good thing about the character for me).

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You think Blindfold would be heavily involved given Legions appearance. I
    Blindfold the girl that precog the previous Age of X, that was trapped by Legion in said event and that later became David's love interest and the only person on earth with memories of him, that also can predict the future that Legion is warning about is, nowhere to be seen in this story.

Glob is there thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    To be fair, that description isn't exactly accurate to what happens in the story as presented.
    Armor is angry that they aren't listening to Legion despite him seeming to be the only one who actually might know what the hell is going on.
    They'd rather just telepathically force him to sleep instead of hearing him out.
    The kids basically get him to tell them where to find X-Man within 2 seconds of talking to him, so she's not wrong on that one.

And "the plan", in as far as there IS a plan, involves asking Jamie for his help, so he's not being forced to do anything at this stage.
    And it at least appears that the plan involves going after one of the most powerful mutants in the world by throwing ANOTHER one of the most powerful mutants in the world at him - I've heard of worse plans.

Meanwhile, the X-men are dealing with the Symptoms rather then going after the cause of the problem - and not even doing that all that effectively, since Jean basically lets Blob and Omega Red go without a fight to save a bunch of oil rig workers - which granted, saving people is kind of their job as heroes and all, but it still doesn't solve the problem, and only ensures Nate will now know the X-men are still alive.
    I understand why the X-men put Legion to sleep instead of taking him with them. His heart is in the right place, but his methods of helping arent
    -sending a vision of an army of Madri as "help"
    -kidnapping Madrox and basically torturing him
    -using an army of Madri to disrupt a political rally
    -creating an army of super powered Madri in Kansas
    -attacking the X-men when they try to talk to the Madri and ask him to explain What's going on
    -when they get home, they see him attacking the X-kids
    -the two people who clearly remember him are Jean and Bishop who were on the team to stop him during Legion quest, and weren't around during legacy.
    Them restraining him was the sensible thing to do, but I do agree that they should have questioned him and gotten more information before putting him to sleep. Armor made a gamble which pad out, but she'll be unable to do anything if he goes out of control.

I do agree that the Xmen are being incompetent and dealing with only symptoms. They are kicking themselves in the face by not using he kids to add to their manpower. Jean herself is getting on my nerves, this not the only book where she let's a villain go because of her naivete. In X-men red, she let Nova escape and after that the woman took hundreds hostage, in Typhoid fever instead of taking out Mary, she let herself and her team get turned into idiots. If she had brought the kids here, they would help with the rescue as th others fight blob and omega red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Graconius View Post
    Blindfold the girl that precog the previous Age of X, that was trapped by Legion in said event and that later became David's love interest and the only person on earth with memories of him, that also can predict the future that Legion is warning about is, nowhere to be seen in this story.

Glob is there thought.
    Luckily we have Jean receiving premonitions, ignoring them and then blaming Legion for it because he's crazy.