Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My own head canon has Atlanteans once being connected to the 9 worlds of Asgard, because of how the Red Skull used Atlanteans to lure one of the hammers of Cul the Serpent to Earth during WWII, in Fear Itself TPB. And Atlanteans blue skin being like blue skin Asgardian Frost Giants. It makes sense Atlanteans and Frost Giants being related to my mind. If Midgard is Asgardian, why not a mixture of Earthlings and Frost Giants in the world, especially that Loki comes here a lot, and he’s a Frost Giant?

I'm not sure what you mean by Midgard is Asgardian. Midgard is its own realm. Asgard is its own realm.

Other than their skin color, which the Atlanteans share with other MU races, I don't see the connection with the Frost Giants. IIRC, Atlanteans worked in the Red Skull's spell because the Atlanteans are more "magical" than air breathers. They live in one of the most magical cities on the planet. The blood of Atlantean royalty is literally a magical ingredient. It was used to open portals / magical gates. It was used to destroy all the Atlantean vampires. And the Atlantean ruler is a conduit for all Atlantean magic.

Would Neptune be taking on Frost Giant relatives?

All that said. Jason Aaron had Namor on a War of the Realms poster, for some reason, so he may be he's getting ready to make the Atlanteans Asgardian.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-05-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's what I read somewhere. That the order didn't really matter. Though ... I would think that you would need to read Hulk before Dr. Strange?? And of course, all of them before Defenders: The Best Defense.

I'm definitely reassured about Zdarsky's Invaders now.
    Marvel indicates on the back page that all 4 books can be read in absolutely any order (I was worried about the reading order as well.) You just can't read The Defenders: The Best Defense without reading those 4 one shots first. I don't think it is entirely necessary to do so, though.

I am actually quite pleased with how Marvel have planned/structured this "event." It is refreshing to just jump in and read a story without having to worry about missing out on story, or the need to buy everything, or even getting the precise order right.

More like this please, Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, sorry you didn't get it, but that may be encouraging. It sold out? Hopefully.
    Maybe. The problem is a book selling out on the first day doesn't mean it was super popular, it means it was more popular than the store anticipated. Since they can't return extra copies, they only order the number they think will sell. It probably means they under-ordered the book. It was weird that there were a bunch of Immortal Hulk issues left and I wonder if there was some confusion between this story and the main Hulk story (which I didn't see for sale). It's possible they just thought a Hulk book by Ewing would sell better than a Namor book.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Well, sorry you didn't get it, but that may be encouraging. It sold out? Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Maybe. The problem is a book selling out on the first day doesn't mean it was super popular, it means it was more popular than the store anticipated. Since they can't return extra copies, they only order the number they think will sell. It probably means they under-ordered the book. It was weird that there were a bunch of Immortal Hulk issues left and I wonder if there was some confusion between this story and the main Hulk story (which I didn't see for sale). It's possible they just thought a Hulk book by Ewing would sell better than a Namor book.
    Do you know if your store got its complete order, or was it shorted / sent damaged copies?

I didn't ask, so I don't know. I didn't ask them to put it on my pull list (I thought I had, but it looks like I forgot) or else I would have asked.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It may have been more popular than Marvel expected also, as according to Bleeding Cool, it's getting a second printing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-qui-gon-jinn/[/QUOTE]
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It may have been more popular than Marvel expected also, as according to Bleeding Cool, it's getting a second printing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-qui-gon-jinn/
    OH AWESOME! I hope Marvel sees that when Namor has a solo he does have fans who want to read about him! I hope this pushes them to have an ongoing!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-qui-gon-jinn/
    Those are the exact same phenomenon. Marvel doesn't guess on popularity. The comic shops do. They print exactly the number of comics that the comic shops order. If demand is higher than the shops expected, the book has to be printed a second time for the new demand.

so will there be more clarity on Namor's new permanent-rage status? (probably not)?
    hopefully more Atlantean technology can be showcased.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OH AWESOME! I hope Marvel sees that when Namor has a solo he does have fans who want to read about him! I hope this pushes them to have an ongoing!
    The question may be whether it's a Namor solo issue that made it more popular than expected or if the fact that it's being written and drawn by the same guys who are going to be handling Namor in the coming Invaders series that may have added to the interest in the issue. It's always hard to guess those things based on the sale of a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will there be more clarity on Namor's new permanent-rage status? (probably not)?
    hopefully more Atlantean technology can be showcased.
    This was one of my minor disappointments with this issue. Namor's obviously altered state wasn't addressed at all -- or far too subtlety.

Also, I LOVED Magno's Atlantis, but it clearly doesn't match Jason Aaron's Atlantis in Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Based on how the interludes go in both Hulk and Namor, I believe we're meant to read Hulk first, then Namor.

But you could read them in either order - or not read one or the other - and be fine.

I liked both quite a bit. Namor really whetted my appetite for the upcoming Invaders book. Z'Darsky writes a fine Namor and the artwork was top-notch.
    As I understand it the books can be read in any order?

And that's really put me off them