Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Music Streaming Services, what do you roll with?

Since nobody buys effing' CD's anymore I guess but vinyl is back like a mother???

Does anybody stream a service that DOES NOT double as their phone carrier? On some level is that even possible?

I think I'm about to start the Premium Spotify but I wanna keep my little digital songs for as long as my memory card holds up. I like old music so if you do as well, outside of YT which do you use?

Hep a brotha out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Since nobody buys effing' CD's anymore . . .
    Sez who?

I don't stream music; I still buy CD's.
    (And my tastes definitely tend to be older music these days, though perhaps older than your tastes.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I roll with Pandora (the free version, don’t mind the commercials) and it’s been good to me. I haven’t bought CD’s in years, hell, where can you buy them anyway as they’re disappearing from brick and mortar stores.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm personally a Spotify guy. I've been using it for over a year at this point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    . . . I haven’t bought CD’s in years, hell, where can you buy them anyway as they’re disappearing from brick and mortar stores.
    The Barnes & Noble store nearest me has a small selection of CD's (as well as a supply of vinyl albums), but I normally buy my CD's online these days (or sometimes at library book sales).

Niffleheim

I'm more obsessed with podcasts and audio books these days than music and whenever something hits my fancy I sign up with Tidal for a month or two and then i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sez who?

I don't stream music; I still buy CD's.
    (And my tastes definitely tend to be older music these days, though perhaps older than your tastes.)
    Well, I went looking for a CD of a recent popular artist in the summer. Best Buy first, had a clearance on all their CD's. Target, the selection of physical music fists on a square standee and it's sharing space with some books. There hasn't been a national retailer specifically for music in many, many moons. I get that IF (and that's by the rational of some of the podcasters I listen to who actually don't have physical CD players anymore, which is ludicris to me) you actually want a CD, you'll have to order it like from one or two handfuls of places but to walk into a brick and mortar specifically for that I think has long since gone. I ended up having to go to the only brick and mortar local record stores and the clerk literally sold me a digital copy burned to a disk. A legal bootleg for all intents an purposes. This was a major artist with a 2018 project and not even a way back recording. I was kind of stunned. Vinyl is growing and probably have an easier time locating those than anything.

There are a couple CD's that came out this year that I'm going to have to breakdown and get from Amazon I guess, I'm not an Amazon guy so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I'm more obsessed with podcasts and audio books these days than music and whenever something hits my fancy I sign up with Tidal for a month or two and then i'm done.
    Good point, there are a handful of podcats that I listen to religiously. Even if I do pick a service I'll still have to have another avenue to keep up with the podcasts. I don't know anyone with Tidal. Is there a premium tier like Spotify has? I guess you can jump in an out of it like that but do you get to download? I want to keep mine.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.