View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bully Wars #4

0 0%
  • Crowded #5

0 0%
  • Curse Words #18

0 0%
  • Die #1 [series premiere]

3 30.00%
  • Errand Boys #3 (of 5)

0 0%
  • The Freeze #1 [series premiere]

1 10.00%
  • Gasolina #13

0 0%
  • Kick-Ass #10

0 0%
  • The Last Siege #7 (of 8)

2 20.00%
  • Prodigy #1 [series premiere]

2 20.00%
  • Self Made #1 [series premiere]

1 10.00%
  • Snotgirl #12

1 10.00%
  • The Walking Dead #186

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #40

0 0%
  • Other - Blackbird #3, Unnatural #5 (of 12)

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #49 - Freeze, Self-Made Prodigies!

Stop, voting time!

Last week around was a very minor one, but it did allow Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses to nab another win this year!

Moving into this week's offerings, Chronicles of Hate is getting recollected following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Errand Boys hits the half-way mark, Gasolina begins a new storyline, Kick-Ass sees old enemies resurfacing, The Last Siege hits its penultimate issue, Man-Eaters reprints its second issue as well - indicating strong sales. Snotgirl finishes another storyline, with Lottie's sister coming over. Oh and new storylines begin for both Unnatural and The Wicked+The Divine.

1. Die is a new series by Stephanie Hans & Kieron Gillen. They're pitching this as Jumanji, but with goth D&D players instead. Launches with an oversized issue, this should be good.

2. The Freeze has a good, simple concept. Every human on Earth is suddenly frozen! Except for one guy. Does he light fires near everyone to unfreeze them? Will he purposefully skip some of them over? Simple idea for a good sci-fi setting.

3. Prodigy is the new Mark Millar/Rafael Albuquerque series. Set to run for six issues, this one's about the world's most brilliant dude ever. Nobel-Prize winner, scientist, composer, Olympic medalist, and world's most successful businessman. Sounds like a busy schedule to me, but now governments are ringing his door to solve the problems they can't solve themselves.

325259.jpg 325268.jpg 325261.jpg

4. Self Made, for this one I'm just going to cite the solicitation text: "When chaos besieges the kingdom of Arcadia, warrior Amala Citlali sees it as her chance to escape her clearly-defined role-and to change her destiny. But she could never have predicted that it would also be her chance to confront her God." Looks like a new creative team to me, although Kyle Higgins is a well-known name, performing an editorial role here.

325270.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Stop, voting time!

Last week around was a very minor one, but it did allow Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses to nab another win this year!

Moving into this week's offerings, Chronicles of Hate is getting recollected following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Errand Boys hits the half-way mark, Gasolina begins a new storyline, Kick-Ass sees old enemies resurfacing, The Last Siege hits its penultimate issue, Man-Eaters reprints its second issue as well - indicating strong sales. Snotgirl finishes another storyline, with Lottie's sister coming over. Oh and new storylines begin for both Unnatural and The Wicked+The Divine.

1. Die is a new series by Stephanie Hans & Kieron Gillen. They're pitching this as Jumanji, but with goth D&D players instead. Launches with an oversized issue, this should be good.

2. The Freeze has a good, simple concept. Every human on Earth is suddenly frozen! Except for one guy. Does he light fires near everyone to unfreeze them? Will he purposefully skip some of them over? Simple idea for a good sci-fi setting.

3. Prodigy is the new Mark Millar/Rafael Albuquerque series. Set to run for six issues, this one's about the world's most brilliant dude ever. Nobel-Prize winner, scientist, composer, Olympic medalist, and world's most successful businessman. Sounds like a busy schedule to me, but now governments are ringing his door to solve the problems they can't solve themselves.

325259.jpg 325268.jpg 325261.jpg
    I got both but Prodigy had me stop reading at page 7 & 8. Then I start back. LOVE it. I also loved Freeze.

And I didn't see Die. I guess it was sold out. Freeze was only down to 4 copies.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up the first issue of Die. I thought it was going to be too grim for my tastes, and admittedly it might get there but I'm definitely going to be sticking with this book. Maybe not as single issues, but it was a great read for anyone who is into tabletop role-playing games.

I only trade waited Paper Girls TP 5 this week. Not that it affects the voting, but I just wanted to mention it.

Die #1 is one of my favourite comics of the year, not just the week, so obviously that’s where my vote goes!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I only trade waited Paper Girls TP 5 this week. Not that it affects the voting, but I just wanted to mention it.
    Didn't realize that was out. I'll have to buy the digital collection shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Die #1 is one of my favourite comics of the year, not just the week, so obviously that’s where my vote goes!!
    It was a great first issue. I've dropped out of a lot of Gillen's IMAGE/Independent work because I just couldn't do the work required to appreciate Brit-Pop, but with Tabletop role-playing I'm already there. I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Didn't realize that was out. I'll have to buy the digital collection shortly.
    There's something not right with buying a digital version of PAPER Girls. But it is an interesting series.

I looked at Die. The cover was nice, but I hated the interior art. I'm not saying it was bad, but I did not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There's something not right with buying a digital version of PAPER Girls. But it is an interesting series.
    Hehe, yeah it's a good book. I wish I hadn't passed on picking it up on issue one, but I was without a local comic shop at the time, and bouncing around apartments.

Does anyone know how long it's supposed to last? If I'm not mistaken the latest trade collects up to the Twenty-Fifth issue. I can't recall where I heard it from, but I thought it wasn't supposed to last much longer than Twenty.

Hehe, yeah it's a good book. I wish I hadn't passed on picking it up on issue one, but I was without a local comic shop at the time, and bouncing around apartments.

Does anyone know how long it's supposed to last? If I'm not mistaken the latest trade collects up to the Twenty-Fifth issue. I can't recall where I heard it from, but I thought it wasn't supposed to last much longer than Twenty.
    Seem like a story with a finish, but I haven't heard and don't recall any length.

The latest solicit seems to indicate 30 is the final issue.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN190355