All-New Member

Default Cold Days (Batman 51-53) question (Spoilers!)

Hey gang, question: So after reading Batman 60, I went and reread the recent Freeze arc (51-53) and am confused about one thing: So Batman discovers the victims lowered brain temps, deduces that it’s Freeze who naturally denies it until Bats beats a confession out of him. A few days later Freeze again claims he’s not guilty and now Bruce decides to buy his way into the jury to help acquit Freeze after all.
    Cool, my question is: What made Bruce change his mind and decide that Freeze really is innocent and that he needs to help him out of this bind? Is the answer in the story itself and I missed it or is it a logic hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    Hey gang, question: So after reading Batman 60, I went and reread the recent Freeze arc (51-53) and am confused about one thing: So Batman discovers the victims lowered brain temps, deduces that it’s Freeze who naturally denies it until Bats beats a confession out of him. A few days later Freeze again claims he’s not guilty and now Bruce decides to buy his way into the jury to help acquit Freeze after all.
    Cool, my question is: What made Bruce change his mind and decide that Freeze really is innocent and that he needs to help him out of this bind? Is the answer in the story itself and I missed it or is it a logic hole?
    Bruce was in a bad state of mind after Catwoman left him. Batman responded by lashing out at criminals unfairly treating Freeze as a way to vent his frustrations. After reflection, Batman realizes that he was acting out of rage and did not properly conduct the Freeze investigation. He doubts that he properly conducted the case. This instance of Bruce letting his own emotions getting in the way of his judgement makes him question whether he is capable of fulfilling his duties as Batman. After inspiration by the citizens of Gotham, he decides to try to pull himself out of his rut and continue on as Batman.

Dick comes to help work Bruce through his anguish and Bruce begins to heal. Until Dick is shot, reopening the wound from earlier and worsening them.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Bruce was in a bad state of mind after Catwoman left him. Batman responded by lashing out at criminals unfairly treating Freeze as a way to vent his frustrations. After reflection, Batman realizes that he was acting out of rage and did not properly conduct the Freeze investigation. He doubts that he properly conducted the case. This instance of Bruce letting his own emotions getting in the way of his judgement makes him question whether he is capable of fulfilling his duties as Batman. After inspiration by the citizens of Gotham, he decides to try to pull himself out of his rut and continue on as Batman.

Dick comes to help work Bruce through his anguish and Bruce begins to heal. Until Dick is shot, reopening the wound from earlier and worsening them.
    This actually makes sense... Thanks!!