Booster Gold
    Donna Troy
    Angel and the Ape
    Captain Carrot
    Power Girl
    Orion
    Detective Chimp
    Doctor Thirteen

Harbinger, Takion, Forerunner, Gary Concord Ultra Man, Captain Triumph, Lieutenant Marvels, Ray Lanford Terrill, Blue Beetle Dan Garrett, Super Turtle, bat mite, Immortal Man, Jack Kirby's Omac, Elongated Man, Fury Lyta Trevor, superhero Alexander Luthor, Lord Volt, Native American Green Arrow, Kid Psycho, 5YL Laurel Gand, Catspaw, Kid Quantum Jazmin Cullen, Gazelle, Wally West Flash, Abin Sur, Breach, Dharma, Majestic, Flex Mentallo, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 08-02-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Rip Hunter, man out of time
    Booster Gold, man from time
    Mater-Eater Lad from a Silver Age-y Earth
    Bar Torr a washed up kid from a dead future, looking to redeem himself
    Wonder Woman (Donna Troy), from a dead Earth where she was Wonder Woman
    A new Supernova
    Firebird of JLX, from the Amalgam MARVEL/DC Earth
    Beast Boy, from the TEEN TITANS GO! Earth
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-05-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    The Pre-New 52 Justice Society of America. I miss the team, and this would be a way of keeping them around without them directly influencing the new the continuity.
    I'd second that

Maybe start it when they entered the doorway under Monument City which caused them to be misplaced from the Post Flashpoint!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Spectacular Member

this could be really fun, DC has so many characters just sitting in limbo. It would be really interesting to sit down and really pick out some obscure characters to work in this story. I'm gonna think about it for awhile and try to come up with a cool team.

Back before Infinite Crisis ruined things, I used to dream up stories for a group called The Monitors, who would explore and protect DC's Hypertime. They consisted of:

Booster Gold
    Chunk
    Harbinger
    Duela Dent
    The Speedy of Earth-2

Other members would come and go from time to time, such as Pariah, Amethyst, a teenage (and pre-villainous) Per Degaton, and Krypto.

Duela would eventually get her hands on an H-Dial, change her codename to "Wild Card," and literally transform into random "Villain's Daughters" with every spin of the dial. Did I mention that the 'H' on the H-Dials would be revealed to stand for "Hypertime?"

Harbinger would have a floating information orb that looked a lot like the Monitor's satellite. This orb would have some sort of freaky robot romance with Skeets. Harbinger and Booster would also fall in love, but things would get weird when Booster would be revealed as Harbinger's great-great^10th grandson.

In general, the book would have been a fun romp through the fields of the DCU, kind of like Booster's book turned out to be.

Mike

Booster Gold/ Rip Hunter
    Donna Troy
    Wally West
    Kyle Rayner
    Starfire
    Power Girl

I really fail to understand why DC has not pushed this idea. Perhaps we'll see it as we come closer to this Crisis event that's brewing.

Anyway, there's so many potential ways to spin this, and you gotta find a hook that works and not just yell out random names....

So how about this?

A threat is brewing in the multiverse; the evil Emperor Dru-Zod, ruler of a massive, reality-spanning Kryptonian Empire, is spreading across the multiverse, and a small band of heroes pull together and start building their own army to stop him.

You can easily imagine what type of threat this could be, with yellow sun-enhanced royal guards, endless supplies of minions from several realities, domesticated sun-eaters, all the over-the-top Morrison style stuff. Of course, the evil Superman troupe is played out, but whatever.

Anyway, I think a solid "core group" would be

President Superman. There is literally no reason not to explore this character more.

Vibe. This is what he was made for, let him rock it.

Green Lantern Bruce Wayne (from that Elseworlds tale). Because Over Powered is what you're looking for here.

Dark Flash Walter West. Speaking of over powered, Walter West (and the real Wally of the time) makes everyone else here look look like children learning how to walk.

Captain Atom. Mostly because it would be in poor taste to use Dr. Manhattan, even though this could be a fun place for him to have ended up after Watchmen.

Is Alexander Luthor, hero of Earth-3 confirmed dead and/or gone? He'd be lots of fun.

And from there you can build up the support staff with mechanics, scientists, technicians, soldiers, whoever and whatever, as needed. A new version of the Challengers of the Unknown, a gender bent Steel (Jennifer Irons?), and so forth.

Sliders meets Lord of the Rings, set in the DCU. With the right creative team it could be lots of fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Captain Atom [Because eventual 'new' Monarch storyline, where Atom has to fight Monarch, an Atom possibly from Earth 3]
    The Question [Maybe give him multi-personality disorder. where every different universe he enters he becomes that universe's Question]
    Amethyst
    Kyle Rayner [He's crossed the bleed before, and after an eventual breakup with Carol, can become multiverse-crossed lovers with Jade]
    Lobo [The 'fake' Lobo turns out to be Lobo from another universe, and has a mission to cross all of the multiverse to make sure every fraggin' czanian is dead]
    Vibe
    Jenny Quantum

Later Recruits:
    Savant [Unkowning daughter of Magestic and Lady Zannah that are from different universes, she wants to find out who her parents are. When she does find them, not only does this cause drama for her, but drama for Kyle as he questions if trying to be with Jade is ever really possible]
    Jack Hawksmoor
    One more other person that would be undecided, to fill in depending on fan demand if it fits the story.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really fail to understand why DC has not pushed this idea. Perhaps we'll see it as we come closer to this Crisis event that's brewing.

Anyway, there's so many potential ways to spin this, and you gotta find a hook that works and not just yell out random names....

So how about this?

A threat is brewing in the multiverse; the evil Emperor Dru-Zod, ruler of a massive, reality-spanning Kryptonian Empire, is spreading across the multiverse, and a small band of heroes pull together and start building their own army to stop him.

You can easily imagine what type of threat this could be, with yellow sun-enhanced royal guards, endless supplies of minions from several realities, domesticated sun-eaters, all the over-the-top Morrison style stuff. Of course, the evil Superman troupe is played out, but whatever.

Anyway, I think a solid "core group" would be

President Superman. There is literally no reason not to explore this character more.

Vibe. This is what he was made for, let him rock it.

Green Lantern Bruce Wayne (from that Elseworlds tale). Because Over Powered is what you're looking for here.

Dark Flash Walter West. Speaking of over powered, Walter West (and the real Wally of the time) makes everyone else here look look like children learning how to walk.

Captain Atom. Mostly because it would be in poor taste to use Dr. Manhattan, even though this could be a fun place for him to have ended up after Watchmen.

Is Alexander Luthor, hero of Earth-3 confirmed dead and/or gone? He'd be lots of fun.

And from there you can build up the support staff with mechanics, scientists, technicians, soldiers, whoever and whatever, as needed. A new version of the Challengers of the Unknown, a gender bent Steel (Jennifer Irons?), and so forth.

Sliders meets Lord of the Rings, set in the DCU. With the right creative team it could be lots of fun.
    Dude, I think I remember you mentioning this idea on the old forum. Thought it was lost forever, glad to see it back.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I heard that Vibe is trapped in the multiverse after the events of FE. If that's true, then I think it would be cool to explore these universes from Vibe's POV.

Spectacular Member

I thought about this last night and the only guy I could come up with right off the bat was Ted Kord. He's just a kid but he's a genius so he'd be good for a science type of a character then along the way maybe he see's the charlton comics version of himself as blue beetle and it inspires him to be a hero.

would Booster Gold be to predictable in this type of situation especially considering the whole Beetle/Booster history factor?

I'm trying to "think outside the box" with the rest of the characters. Maybe a Legion member, maybe a couple of characters that DC has aquired over the years like Beetle but maybe a quality comics character we haven't seen in awhile? Maybe a New God like Light Ray tags along.
    Last edited by Big Al; 08-06-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Booster Gold
    Blue Beetle
    Atom
    Vibe
    Zatanna
    Captain Atom
    FireStorm
    Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Dude, I think I remember you mentioning this idea on the old forum. Thought it was lost forever, glad to see it back.
    Yeah, this isnt a fresh idea, its something that's been knocking around in the back of my mind for years. Surprised anyone even remembers it. Hell, I forget about it half the time.

To expand on what I posted, I'd also like to include a "original form" Quality character (likely Nightshade), a Marvel/Shazam (most likely Mary), as well as someone from WildStorm (though I've no idea who) and if legally possible, Milestone (Icon, all the way). Toss in a few original characters and maybe a Marvel copy of some sort (hey, the reverse worked recently in New Avengers) and you'd have a varied and interesting mix of characters to work with and build on.

The whole thing would be more "sci-fi" than "superhero" with a major emphasis put on mass combat and war tactics, rather than one-on-one, superhero style fights.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.