Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He went there because he wanted. Jean ddin't asked him to go meet her..
    Jean didn't ruined any woman
    He went there for who? For Jean.
    She ruined Madelynes marriage, Jean was ok with being the side chick.

she punched Scott before being pregnant? anyway nothing justify violence

Scott was on a fight, Emma already demonstrated that she was attracted to namor. They had sex on the past
    Scott kept on buzzing her with Jean. The punch was earned.

Jean was always attracted to Wolverine, so she cheated too.

Emma was so good to Scott, that he ended being hated by x-men. Congrats

LOL with fanfics. Jean was too nice to him, more than he deserved
    The X-Men hated him because they did not understand what it is to be a leader and taking risks.
    Jean was only emasculating him and using him. What did Jean do that was nice to Scott? All she did was cast a obsession spell on him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I haven't followed this trainwreck of a thread for more than the last page or so, but predictably some points have been left out that I think need to said.

1. Maddie and Scott are both responsible for the end of their marriage. Maddie because she created the conditions for it to end - "If you leave don't come back" and Scott for fulfilling those conditions by leaving. Logically both could have prevented it but neither did, so they're both responsible.

2. Maddie had been hostile to the X-Men and Scott's role in it for some time, going so far as to rig the duel between Scott and Ororo so Scott loses. So her ultimatum to Scott in XF 1 could be seen as a continuance of this hostility. She didn't know that Jean was alive, so her objections to Scott leaving had to be based around her concern he was returning to the X-Men, not that he was planning to reunite with his no longer dead ex-girlfriend. The motivations of the scene matter and in Maddie's case, her motivation to prevent Scott from returning to the X-Men had been building in Uncanny for some time already. This was simply the culmination of that motivation.

3. Jean had no agency in her return. The PF was responsible for her condition, and the FF were responsible for locating her and freeing her from her cocoon.

Jean literally has no place in this discussion. She didn't make any choices that ultimately impacted Maddie and Scott's marriage beyond accepting the PF's help in UXM 100. At that time there was no way Jean could have known the outcome of that choice, beyond the immediate impact (The X-Men surviving). So if she had not made that choice, Scott would have died, and Maddie would never have been given life because the PF would never have reached out to her after the events of the DPS. There is no logical basis for suggesting that Jean had any agency in ending Maddie and Scott's marriage. Yes, her presence in XF 1 did have an impact, but Jean had no choice in that. She wasn't even aware that Scott was married at the time.
    Thank You!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I haven't followed this trainwreck of a thread for more than the last page or so, but predictably some points have been left out that I think need to said.

1. Maddie and Scott are both responsible for the end of their marriage. Maddie because she created the conditions for it to end - "If you leave don't come back" and Scott for fulfilling those conditions by leaving. Logically both could have prevented it but neither did, so they're both responsible.

2. Maddie had been hostile to the X-Men and Scott's role in it for some time, going so far as to rig the duel between Scott and Ororo so Scott loses. So her ultimatum to Scott in XF 1 could be seen as a continuance of this hostility. She didn't know that Jean was alive, so her objections to Scott leaving had to be based around her concern he was returning to the X-Men, not that he was planning to reunite with his no longer dead ex-girlfriend. The motivations of the scene matter and in Maddie's case, her motivation to prevent Scott from returning to the X-Men had been building in Uncanny for some time already. This was simply the culmination of that motivation.

3. Jean had no agency in her return. The PF was responsible for her condition, and the FF were responsible for locating her and freeing her from her cocoon.

Jean literally has no place in this discussion. She didn't make any choices that ultimately impacted Maddie and Scott's marriage beyond accepting the PF's help in UXM 100. At that time there was no way Jean could have known the outcome of that choice, beyond the immediate impact (The X-Men surviving). So if she had not made that choice, Scott would have died, and Maddie would never have been given life because the PF would never have reached out to her after the events of the DPS. There is no logical basis for suggesting that Jean had any agency in ending Maddie and Scott's marriage. Yes, her presence in XF 1 did have an impact, but Jean had no choice in that. She wasn't even aware that Scott was married at the time.
    That’s not true.
    Madelyne and Scott were working on their marriage and it was going fine until Jean showed up.
    It was all her fault.

If she remained dead, Scott would have been happily married.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    That’s not true.
    Madelyne and Scott were working on their marriage and it was going fine until Jean showed up.
    It was all her fault.

If she remained dead, Scott would have been happily married.
    Jean didn't "show up", she was revived by the Fantastic Four. She wasn't asked if she wanted to be revived. The FF just did it. These are all facts that are clearly depicted in Fantastic Four Vol 1 # 286.
    Jean didn't reach out to Scott. Warren did that. Warren also didn't explain Scott's marital status to Jean, so when she met him at the Waldorf in NY, she assumed that he was unattached. These are all facts that are clearly depicted in X-Factor #1
    Maddie clearly wasn't aware Jean was alive as we can see in the panel below from X-Factor #1. These panels also clearly illustrate that Maddie's concern is with Scott returning to the X-Men, not reuniting with Jean.

Maddie clearly made an ultimatum to Scott in the panels below. This isn't working on a marriage. This is ending it. Maddie made the ultimatum and Scott chose to accept it. There marriage was functionally over by the end of this group of panels.

Their marriage was over before Scott even saw Jean alive for the first time. There was no choice Jean could have made or not made to save a marriage she didn't even know existed.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sure, why not. Anyone but Jean. Or Maddie. Or Storm. Or Monet. Or Dani. Frankly, I think it would have been cool to see Scott take up with one of Professor X's old flames...assuming there are any that are still alive.
    Lol agree with most of this, though I think Storm, Monet, or Dani would be cool. Scott with one of Prof X's old flames would be hilarious. I would say either Mystique or Moira would be cool lol

It only happened a few times , most of the times it was him kissing her or a moment of passion where she stopped herself. That's the difference; Jean was open about her attraction to Logan with Scott and always stopped herself. Scott had a secret telepathic affair with Emma. You can't control who you are attracted to but you can control if you act on it.

Also the movies tended to push that love triangle a lot. But it really wasn't as much as that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He had a affair and it was his fault. He was going to choose Emma anyway, he felt guilty because jean got killed. Jean from HCT only removed his guilty, Scott still choose to have a relationship with Emma

i'm not. I really never saw someone calling Cyclops a murderer because he killed Xavier when possessed by phoenix

Yep
    Lol exactly. Well said. So many people word it like big bad Emma took advantage of Scott and then Jean brainwashed him to continue... It wasn't like that. He choose to have the affair as well as move on with Emma. Jean just helped erase the guilt he felt from it because she wants him to be happy.

Im all for it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Keep him away from everyone. He destroys every woman he’s involved with.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I'm one of the few that shipped it hard when it happened and hoped it would've gone somewhere. I even thought there was a possibility it could happen naturally, all the way up until Secret Wars happened. After that, I gave up hope. Frenzy became an instant favorite of mine due to Age of X. I loved the development she received and I'm looking forward to seeing her grow in the future. Hopefully, fingers crossed! I know Joanna decided to keep her memories of AoX, there were a few who did, but none of them changed as much as she did because of it. Cyclops, deciding to wipe his memory of it, and her was heartbreaking. I believe they both made the right decision for themselves. Cyclops was in a serious, long-term relationship at the time, plus he'll always carry a torch for Jean. Why keep the murders etched in, the torture and abuse, the state of mind that is created from neverending war? He had it bad. So did Joanna, to a degree, but what she gained was a love so fierce and profound, a purpose greater than herself, a place in a real family. It grounded her and gave her focus and drive to make a better future for herself and others. I wish all of that would be given some focus. I would love to read a Frenzy mini if it dove into how that experience shaped her from her point of view. Yeah, I guess I still kinda love the idea of Scott and Joanna. I just don't see how it would work after all this time.

I'd dig it

Amazing Member

This would be how Frenzy and Scott are like. But given his current open nature, I would think otherwise

They can have a Pentagon.

I personally found the idea of Jo finding out she's somehow gotten pregnant during that alternate whatever story were interesting.

Amazing Member

It would be an interesting one though. After the events of AvX, Scott and Emma had broken up and did not mend their bonds. It would be nice to think that Scott's new mentality is a mix between his Age of X personality and Dictator of Utopia personality. A more militant and aggressive Scott but not as far as Magneto's evil tyrant level is like a dream come true. While his new position is forcing him to make decisions that he would not normally do, he was slowly becoming something of a perfect amalgamation of Magneto and Xavier in his own right. This Cyclops' new attitude came from the prison incident or that he used his telepathic powers from the Phoenix to unlock all the memories that had been sealed away by the telepaths around him. This also means that he begins to accept the aggressive and more ruthless persona as Basilisk from Age of X after the events of AvX completely. Given how friendly and close he is with Magneto of all people and rarely held back his attacks, it can be considered that came to fully accept Basilisk. As such, it could just open the roads for him to develop a romantic story with Ms. Cargill. Then there is the Cyclops who had became a bitter person.
    In this of the time, had his memories of Emma removed by none other than White Queen herself and thus lost the part of his better self after his merge with Apocalypse. This in turn creates a new persona who became bitter and does not want to lead anymore. His actions of that time are similar to someone who had given up on everything he did and became shamed of his legacy, not realizing that Emma was indirectly involved in all this mess. This time would also be perfect for Frenzy to join the crew but Nate/Legion took her out of the picture along with most of the mutants.

Last edited by houndsofluv; 07-13-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I personally found the idea of Jo finding out she's somehow gotten pregnant during that alternate whatever story were interesting.
    Fiddy thousand AU kids of Scott with telepathy/telekinesis, and one Ruby Summers.

It could be fun to imagine what a synthesis of Scott and Johanna would look like. Perhaps he or she, when struck, or striking someone, opens up micro-portals on the surfaces of the skin cells impacted to the 'punch dimension' and produces a flash of scarlet energy, so that they *seems* to have super-strength / invulnerability (with red flashes happening whenever they hits or is hit), but it's all their 'punch dimension energy' exploding out in reaction to when they're hit and countering the blow, or in addition to their own punches, vastly increasing their effectiveness.

Or, hey, perhaps, unlike Siryn and Rachel and Nate and Lady Mastermind and Polaris and Nightcrawler, this particular child's powers have nothing at all to do with their parents mutant powers? "Yeah, my mom's super-strong and tough. My dad has eye-lasers. I control swarms of bugs and can mutate them to be bigger, or produce acid..."