Thread: Arsenal

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Arsenal

Since Roy Harper isn't in the Titans anymore my curiosity was peaked as where he could go to next, could he join a new team like the Seven Soldiers or surprise us by a solo title or join Green Arrow's title as a supporting cast member.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

How about straight to the garbage bin. Mwhahaha!

Seriously though, i think there was mention of him popping up in Green Arrow.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

He needs to start appearing again alongside Ollie, not as a sidekick but as a peer.
    I don't know why DC seem to have an issue with legacy characters. Embrace it dammit!!
    It was always DC advantage over Marvel, they had characters who would take the mantle & carry on when the older guys pulled up stumps.
    And while we're at it, bring back Lian properly & forget the whole dead cat, Prometheus thing....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I always thought he was more interesting than Grayson/Nightwing especially before the "Rise of Arsenal" story I would loved to see him in a solo series like Grayson,whether he's Red Arrow,Arsenal or Agent Harper IMHO, Roy Harper is a character that can a be a star in a book of his own
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

He will next be in the upcoming Red Hood annual and then in Heroes in Crisis maxiseries
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I personally found him to be interesting when Marv Wolfman brought him back in the New Titans as an agent of Checkmate and they were using him to try an get the Titans to become Checkmate agents. Before that I like him when he was used as team leader for the special mission for the Suicide Squad. I always felt he felt the espionage side quite well and was disappointed this was not followed up on. I know Wolfman used that some he Arsenal formed his own Titans team but it was not quite the spy book it could have been. I also personally like his first Arsenal costume but not the one he wore when he was leading the Titans.

Mighty Member

I always thought Roy had solo potential. Something similar to Fraction's Hawkeye as far as tone. Certain characters will never have their stories told i guess.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I personally found him to be interesting when Marv Wolfman brought him back in the New Titans as an agent of Checkmate and they were using him to try an get the Titans to become Checkmate agents. Before that I like him when he was used as team leader for the special mission for the Suicide Squad. I always felt he felt the espionage side quite well and was disappointed this was not followed up on. I know Wolfman used that some he Arsenal formed his own Titans team but it was not quite the spy book it could have been. I also personally like his first Arsenal costume but not the one he wore when he was leading the Titans.
    YES!
    Although I have to say I NEVER liked the Arsenal costume...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I always thought Roy had solo potential. Something similar to Fraction's Hawkeye as far as tone. Certain characters will never have their stories told i guess.
    Does any one notice there's more a rivalary between Roy & Clint than Ollie & Clint? Look at his first costume in New Titans #99 & the one Hawkeye was wearing, then look at Young Justice & Avengers animated series
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I wouldn't be surprised if Roy dies in Heroes in Crisis.

Extraordinary Member

I would love a comic that would have Roy and Ollie teaming up to fight crime or solve mysteries. It could also do solo features for each one where it delved more into their personal lives.

They could call it - wait for it - The Longbow Hunters. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Roy dies in Heroes in Crisis.
    SPOILER!!! You must be a prophet (or an Oracle) both Wally & Roy were killed in Heroes in Crisis they were two of my favorite DC characters.

I was hoping at least two of the deaths in issue #1 (including the one mentioned above) would somehow end up being fake outs but I doubt that now, after reading the latest Green Arrow. Seems sort of final--as final as death can be in this medium. In other words it appears as though these deaths, for the time being, a permanent and not meant to be undone by story's end.

And there's more coming in issue #2.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Roy's been a favorite character of mine since I was a kid. I haven't enjoyed the New52 take on him much if at all but am saddened that DC sees no potential in him beyond being a victim in their latest company crossover or "big event."

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Roy's been a favorite character of mine since I was a kid. I haven't enjoyed the New52 take on him much if at all but am saddened that DC sees no potential in him beyond being a victim in their latest company crossover or "big event."
    So true DC should of had an Arsenal solo series awhile ago plus I would have loved to see a HARPER series during the 52 he would have been an incredible operative for S.H.A.D.E. or I/O.