I've only had a chance to page through it so far, but this seems to be a continuation of what Geoff set up in New 52 JLA years ago.

The art looks nice. I'd expect as much from Eaglesham, and it's good to see Geoff and Dale back together.

However, I just think the whole thing is too far afield from classic Captain Marvel for me. I don't like 6 Shazam Family members, and visually, blond Freddy is yet another unnecessary change brought about by the New 52.

I like a lot of what Geoff Johns does, but sometimes I feel he has too much power and makes everything into his personal fanfic version.

I hope this series is good, and I'm glad the character is back in print, but I would rather have had Geoff take the original concept and make that work rather than make the changes he did.

Also, I doubt very highly I'd ever call this character "Shazam." This was the worst change of all. If you HAD to change the name for trademark reasons, I would still want him called Captain-Something. Some thought should have been put into a more suitable name that could then be trademarked marketed to the public for comics, movies, and merchandise.

I suppose that now that the movie is soon to arrive, we'll be stuck with that awful Shazam name forever. By the way, what are the other characters called?

So, what are your thoughts on the new Shazam comic, and are you ok with Shazam as a name for Billy?