Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Warner Bros. Raises Hell with New "Constantine" Trailer

Warner Bros. Television's new Comic-Con trailer for "Constantine" may win over a few skeptics.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone who was a skeptic is crazy in my books, the entire thing looks superb. Of all the shows coming, I'm most hyped for this.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Anyone who was a skeptic is crazy in my books, the entire thing looks superb. Of all the shows coming, I'm most hyped for this.
    Agreed, with this, Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, Gotham, Haven! I'm ready! TV season can't start sooner!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member

Much better preview than the last one. Liking the horror elements. Ohhkay... I'll give it an episode or two...

It looks very, very expensive. Lots and lots of digital FX shots. Not a lot of practical and in camera FX.

I'm curious about the budgets. With this show being on NBC, I can't imagine what the expectations are...

Anorak783

As a Brit, let me tell you - that's not a Geordie accent that he's speaking in.

Astonishing Member

Excited about Zed and Spectre coming into the show. Also doubly excited about the Dr Fate easter egg.

BANNED

This looks damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak783 View Post
    As an american let me tell -we don't really care. At least I don't.

It looks like spoilers:
    Pandora's Box
    end of spoilers was also included in this new trailer. It must have some importance further on in the series. I actually liked this trailer more that the first one. It also looks like another episode will take place during Halloween.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

All-New Member

Good, because Constantine is from Liverpool, he's meant to be Scouse, not a Geordie. As it is, he sounds vaguely northern, which is the right enough region and good enough for me. Considering the show is on NBC and as long as he sounds "British" american audiences will be happy. The fact that Matt Ryan is putting on any accent other than his native Welsh is a good sign that he's taking the role seriously and the show makers are doing the same.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

As a fellow Brit, let me tell you - the vague 'northern' accent Matt Ryan employs for the show is a good thing. If he tried a proper scouse accent it'd need subtitles.

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to this. This Autumn is gonna be great for new shows.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-27-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook47 View Post
    Good, because Constantine is from Liverpool, he's meant to be Scouse, not a Geordie. As it is, he sounds vaguely northern, which is the right enough region and good enough for me. Considering the show is on NBC and as long as he sounds "British" american audiences will be happy. The fact that Matt Ryan is putting on any accent other than his native Welsh is a good sign that he's taking the role seriously and the show makers are doing the same.
    As an American, I'm just glad Constantine wasn't changed into an American.

Yeah, it's pretty jarring. It's not so much generic northern as veering all over the country from one word to another. He needs to pick a dialect and stick with it.

As for the rest... meh. Put me in DebkoX's book of crazy skeptics, cos there's nothing that screams 'must watch' telly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty jarring. It's not so much generic northern as veering all over the country from one word to another. He needs to pick a dialect and stick with it.

As for the rest... meh. Put me in DebkoX's book of crazy skeptics, cos there's nothing that screams 'must watch' telly there.
    It kind of looks like Supernatural meets Elementary.