Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Jon Kent Appreciation 2018

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

------------------

Well, we bring him often enough on Kon's appreciation thread, so I figured we should the newest addition of the Super-verse his own thread

batman-and-wonder-woman-meets-superboy-rebirth-2.jpg
    a-perfect-insult-image-dc-comics.jpg

About time someone started it! Thanks Sakuyamoms!

The one image which reignited my love for Superman and made Jon occupy a special place in my heart. Just as the picture has four words which are so powerful let me start with four words of my own. "Jon Kent Is Awesome."
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-31-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    About time someone started it! Thanks Sakuyamoms!

The one image which reignited my love for Superman and made Jon occupy a special place in my heart. Just as the picture has four words which are so powerful let me start with four words of my own. "Jon Kent Is Awesome."
    I know! I was only reading Bat-titles in the n52, so when I came back with Rebirth, and I was a bit confused because "Superman has a kid? He can have kids? Aw, he's cute." And that's how he earned my heart

Oh thanks for starting a Jon thread. I love this little Super

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I know! I was only reading Bat-titles in the n52, so when I came back with Rebirth, and I was a bit confused because "Superman has a kid? He can have kids? Aw, he's cute." And that's how he earned my heart
    Indeed! He is adorable. Its so easy to love this sweet kid. This picture is one moment of 'Awww. Isn't he cute?' It works perfectly. This being a book to bring back fans who were disillusioned, its a great way to start a book.

Its a really pretty picture. Completely deserving a single page. For many it was an introduction to Jon Kent. First impressions go a long way. And right away we know that he is the wide-eyed adorable kid of Superman.

The large eyes filled with joy as he looks at his father. The wide smile. And the face is illuminated by the fire giving a really pretty look. You can say something like the kid has light in his eyes. Someone filled with hope and the feeling of love and family. He is Superman's son. And Superman is a father.

And we don't see Superman here in this picture. Except for a small panel before this page where he was saving the farm animals and giving a thumbs up. 'Don't worry, i have got this!' Its awesome to have Superman as father.

I was seeing Superman in a new light. Superman-the father figure. I fell in love with Superman! Thanks to this beautiful picture! A brilliant first issue! Its a great issue to kindle one's interest. Thankfully the series has been largely awesome!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-01-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Jonathon Kent is an awesome addition to the Super Family. Very much his father's son (with a dash of his mother's attitude when around Damian, lol), this kid has made Rebirth all the better. Really liking him in Super Sons, and hope to see him join the Teen Titans soon. Maybe more interaction with Kara as well. The two only had a couple pages before she left.

But this image is quite memorable.

Super-Sons-4-last-page.jpg

And fun fact; it seems Jon is a fan of Goku! Kid is good in my book!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't know how I fell behind on Super sons, I do have all the issues so far. Can't wait to binge read it, crazy that it's already almost 10 issues.

Jon as a character is a lot of fun and the concept to me has been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Super-Sons-4-last-page.jpg

And fun fact; it seems Jon is a fan of Goku! Kid is good in my book!
    I can imagine Jon asking his father whether he could beat Goku in a fight and Superman saying that they'd just team up to fight bad guys instead when Goku would relish the chance to fight Superman. Though Superman is a much better father than Goku

Nice to see appreciation threads crop up for both Jon Kent and Kong Kenan, this week. Both wonderful additions to the superverse and dc universe as a whole

Also really been loving Clark as a Dad, it suits him.

Superman-Lois-and-Clark-2015-008-023.jpg
    Superman Lois and Clark #8.

I saw this in deviantart and I remembered your boy.. I am not his fan but I respect his parents... This is a present(I think):

Superman Beyond 2025
    one SM beyond.jpg

Maybe too colorful..

I found this image putting SUPERMAN BEYOND in internet.. One link if someone want make comments(if someone is in deviantart):

https://thexxxcreeper.deviantart.com...2025-351602239
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-02-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

------------------

Well, we bring him often enough on Kon's appreciation thread, so I figured we should the newest addition of the Super-verse his own thread

batman-and-wonder-woman-meets-superboy-rebirth-2.jpg
    a-perfect-insult-image-dc-comics.jpg
    Suppose this is as good a time as any to mention I miss your old profile pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Suppose this is as good a time as any to mention I miss your old profile pic.
    Indeed! The present pic is cool. Damian looks adorable drinking stuff. But the previous one was such that it would brighten any day. It was good as long as it lasted.

Now is a good time to appreciate the pics you(Sakuyamoms) posted before i selfishly posted one pic which i loved right away. While i love a lot of Superboy pictures that particular picture is very special to my heart. In one swoop it introduced Jon and re-introduced Superman making me love both of them.

I love the pic with Superman proudly and happily introducing Superboy to Batman and Wonder Woman. WW is nice. She looks happy to see him. Batman is a bit off. He is frowning here. He looks to be in character but i don't like him as much these days due to the almost constant frowning. Batman from TAS was a cool guy. He was someone with this 'I am night. I am vengeance'. But you can talk to this guy. It looks okay to an extent. He does not trust this Superboy. Its good for Jon to meet them like this. Another favorite moment was there in the ending of first issue where he was fearful to see them both for the first time in a different circumstance. But its a topic for another post.

The other pic is nice too. While he was introduced in the pages of Superman, he truly came into his own with the SuperSons book. I love the banter between the two a lot. A good instance of that in the attachment.

Thanks for sharing Sakuyamoms!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-02-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Indeed! The present pic is cool. Damian looks adorable drinking stuff. But the previous one was such that it would brighten any day. It was good as long as it lasted.

Now is a good time to appreciate the pics you(Sakuyamoms) posted before i selfishly posted one pic which i loved right away. While i love a lot of Superboy pictures that particular picture is very special to my heart. In one swoop it introduced Jon and re-introduced Superman making me love both of them.

I love the pic with Superman proudly and happily introducing Superboy to Batman and Wonder Woman. WW is nice. She looks happy to see him. Batman is a bit off. He is frowning here. He looks to be in character but i don't like him as much these days due to the almost constant frowning. Batman from TAS was a cool guy. He was someone with this 'I am night. I am vengeance'. But you can talk to this guy. It looks okay to an extent. He does not trust this Superboy. Its good for Jon to meet them like this. Another favorite moment was there in the ending of first issue where he was fearful to see them both for the first time in a different circumstance. But its a topic for another post.

The other pic is nice too. While he was introduced in the pages of Superman, he truly came into his own with the SuperSons book. I love the banter between the two a lot. A good instance of that in the attachment.

Thanks for sharing Sakuyamoms!
    I think that image was from before Superman Reborn, making Jon and family part of the current timeline. Because otherwise, Bruce has been noticeably less frowny in Super Sons, or when both kids are involved.