Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default A lesser know hero you would like to see DC give a push?

Everyone has one or two C or D listers that they love and think they could be great if they just got used a little more. Who do you think with the right push could really take off?

For me it is the Nu52 Firehawk. She had a great look and powerset. Plus another high profile international hero is never a bad thing to have. Outside of Crimson Fox I am hard pressed to think of any other French heroes. She would be great on a Justice League team.

I want to see a Gnnark/Kamandi team-up story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Blue Devil. Get him back to where he was pre-New 52 and set him up as DC's "Hollywood Hellboy."

Boisterously Confused

Alpha Centurion. I really loved the whole Alternate Take On The Man Of Tomorrow thing he had going. He fascinated me from the first.

Vigilante (the original): Just a cool character.

Witchfire: She was such a different take on the whole mystic superhero character.

Ultimate Member

Amazing Man (with the matter chameleon powers) always seemed like he was just waiting for his chance.

Bushmaster, a reptile-themed 'Batman' from Venezuela, IIRC, also seemed like he had potential.

Air Wave, Firehawk, Tuatara, Element Woman, Golden Eagle, the original pre-'Fire' Green Fury who could breathe a mystical green flame that burned hot or cold, changed her costume, created illusions, etc. There are a *ton* of lesser-used characters out there that have interesting potential.

Vic Sage- I’d count him because aside from the DCAU he never really appears.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Firestorm definitely needs a push, if he counts as lesser known character.

Aztek is usually my go-to answer for this type of question; just a great concept, great design, and one of those gems from the 90's that most people forget about.

Definitely gotta agree with the Amazing Man suggestion too, Will was a great character and it pisses me off that DC never tried to capitalize on him; cool unique powers, awesome name, solid costume, strong ties to the JSA.......how he never became a bigger deal is beyond me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Fire. Loved her in JLI and Checkmate. Damn shame DC doesn't utilize her but i'm not surprised. Second would be Nightshade.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That sounds excellent! They're two of my favorites.

I miss Peyer's Hourman (co-starring Snapper Carr) and I think the most interesting contemporary character introduced then promptly dropped was Element Woman (Emily Sung). So much potential wasted. Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel) too for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    In addition to this, I think a Caveboy/Jonah Hex story would be a great read.