Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, no. While not awful, I can't help being fond of her original, cool-70s-college-chick look.

Attachment 75012
    I remember when they first announced Justice League Dark in 2011, people thought that the Enchantress was Omen:

And I can more than see why. This look is more 'Lilith' than any of the costumes that Omen has worn since becoming Omen.

If she were to be given her a push, I'd want her to look like this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I remember when they first announced Justice League Dark in 2011, people thought that the Enchantress was Omen:

And I can more than see why. This look is more 'Lilith' than any of the costumes that Omen has worn since becoming Omen.

If she were to be given her a push, I'd want her to look like this.
    Agreed. That would be a great look for her.

Mine is a bit bigger than lesser known hero...but for real...Milestone needs to get pushed HARD. I don't understand DC's trouble with the series and I was really let down when they let Milestone fall by the wayside. An Icon/Hardware/Static series would kill it right now. DC Direct figs would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Never push old territory? That's one way to destroy your fanbase and lose a lot of money.
    Not really, soul-lessly pushing the same concepts every few years is a terrible business model for a creative field. Progression is how you grow. Demographics and generations change, a smart company knows how to adapt with fresh ideas. You can revisit old ideas with new takes, sure, but retreading old territory is stagnation.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    Mine is a bit bigger than lesser known hero...but for real...Milestone needs to get pushed HARD. I don't understand DC's trouble with the series and I was really let down when they let Milestone fall by the wayside. An Icon/Hardware/Static series would kill it right now. DC Direct figs would be much appreciated!
    That's the thing, I think DC does realize the potential of Milestone (which is probably why we get word about it getting revived every other year) but the legal issues of getting it down holds them back.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Not really, soul-lessly pushing the same concepts every few years is a terrible business model for a creative field. Progression is how you grow. Demographics and generations change, a smart company knows how to adapt with fresh ideas. You can revisit old ideas with new takes, sure, but retreading old territory is stagnation.
    How is doing a Blue & Gold book with Ted and Micheal stagnation? They've never had a duo book together to my knowledge. How is a new version of them progression, make new teams with new names.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

That's the thing, I think DC does realize the potential of Milestone (which is probably why we get word about it getting revived every other year) but the legal issues of getting it down holds them back.
    I know that was a sticking point (and why Milestone got pulled to a totally separate Earth) BUT I think Milestone really needs to be folded into the DCU. I remember McDuffie tried a few years ago when Icon and the Shadow Cabinet appeared in the Justice League. As far as I'm concerned Icon, Hardware, and Static are exactly what DC needs right now. I'm loving the star turn John is getting...but there is no reason the other three couldn't as well. Hopefully they can get the legal issues ironed out and really give us some great stuff.

A few spring to mind with many previously mentioned (Manhunter and Creeper, for example).

How about Walker Gabriel (Chronos)? Plenty of time travel/meta to tangle with there.

Sanderson "Sandy" Hawkins ... I loved the character development back in Goyer/Johns JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want to see a Gnnark/Kamandi team-up story.
    In addition to this, I think a Caveboy/Jonah Hex story would be a great read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    I know that was a sticking point (and why Milestone got pulled to a totally separate Earth) BUT I think Milestone really needs to be folded into the DCU. I remember McDuffie tried a few years ago when Icon and the Shadow Cabinet appeared in the Justice League. As far as I'm concerned Icon, Hardware, and Static are exactly what DC needs right now. I'm loving the star turn John is getting...but there is no reason the other three couldn't as well. Hopefully they can get the legal issues ironed out and really give us some great stuff.

I do not need Milestone in DC. Milestone needs to be on its OWN. Because DC has failed at building up it's OWN black heroes. Why would Millstone let them use Static when they screwed up his last book?

DC needs to build up it's OWN and stop this halfway stuff that they keep doing.

And lets face it if a billion dollar Black Panther movie and Miles Morales movie with awards being MADE UP to give it-is not notice to get your at together be it DC or Milestone-nothing will.

DC had their shot with Static and chose to pander to the echo chamber-who didn't want him around. The same echo chamber who NOW wants him because they can't stand Ms Marvel, Riri, Miles & the rest. Because those guys are doing everything Static started but never got to finish.

If DC can't give us a Duke Thomas book, who has everything needed to be his own hero with an at least 25+ issues (IMHO), then I don't see how them handling the Milestine characters would work well for the latter. Milestone's aren't as icnonic, and in this day and age, sadly, new heroes need to be tied to iconic franchises. Even Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl are tied to them or largely known corners of the MU (Ms Marvel - Carol- and the Inhumans). They are their own thing, but they aren't brand new characters with no link to established elements of the MU; and I can't see how the Dakotaverse's wouldn't be terribly watered down in the main DCU, which is choke full with metas.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I picked Jaime because he's the current Blue Beetle so he has a link to the old team and he's gonna get a movie so they should be giving him a push soon. However, Duke and Sideways would make a lot of sense; invert the colors, Signal could be somewhat of a Ted Cord and Sideways would be the Booster Gold.
    While I see what you're going for, I think Ted/Michael as Blue and Gold are too idiosyncratic to copy, much like Hal and Ollie as the Hard Traveling Heroes.

Duke and Jaime could make an interesting duo, but thinking of them as stand-ins for a beloved duo dooms them to always being, well, stand-ins.

I think an ogn in the vein of Black Canary/Zatanna would probably be a better way to treat their chemistry and see where to go. I don't think trying to force Blue and Gold to become a moniker is the right path.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If DC can't give us a Duke Thomas book, who has everything needed to be his own hero with an at least 25+ issues (IMHO), then I don't see how them handling the Milestine characters would work well for the latter. Milestone's aren't as icnonic, and in this day and age, sadly, new heroes need to be tied to iconic franchises. Even Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl are tied to them or largely known corners of the MU (Ms Marvel - Carol- and the Inhumans). They are their own thing, but they aren't brand new characters with no link to established elements of the MU; and I can't see how the Dakotaverse's wouldn't be terribly watered down in the main DCU, which is choke full with metas.
    For the most part Moon Girl has ignored the Inhumans as has Ms Marvel.

I don't need Milestone to be iconic.

That Iconic term is another name shaming weapon to belittle folks. We are in an age where you can have 700+ comic book series and LOL it doesn't matter. They are not the folks I hear KIDS talk about. It's everyone BUT them.

While I see what you're going for, I think Ted/Michael as Blue and Gold are too idiosyncratic to copy, much like Hal and Ollie as the Hard Traveling Heroes.
    Duke and Jaime could make an interesting duo, but thinking of them as stand-ins for a beloved duo dooms them to always being, well, stand-ins.
    If you never read those runs-how would you know?

Those trades with those stories are not everywhere and most kids are looking for those 4. Because they don't know about them (Ollie is the exception thanks to Arrow).

Duke doing the traveling hero thing works if you mention he's looking for a cure for his parents.
    Jaime-really has no motive to do that as his folks are fine.

Jason Rusch? Since he has no powers.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I have read them both, for the record, but I think they've rereleased GL/GA recently and they did start putting JLI out in omni form.

Let us also not forget digital.

The only thing preventing newer fans from exposure to those runs is refusing to pursue them or a (peculiar for new fans) aversion to digital.

I have never felt "[Seminal story but with this character this time]" has ever produced a groundbreaking story. Duke, Jaime and all new characters need to show why they're unique and copying someone else's best moment is antithetical to that. It just looks like the creator has no idea how to sell the character and that they have no depth to mine on their own.