Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default A lesser know hero you would like to see DC give a push?

Everyone has one or two C or D listers that they love and think they could be great if they just got used a little more. Who do you think with the right push could really take off?

For me it is the Nu52 Firehawk. She had a great look and powerset. Plus another high profile international hero is never a bad thing to have. Outside of Crimson Fox I am hard pressed to think of any other French heroes. She would be great on a Justice League team.

I want to see a Gnnark/Kamandi team-up story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Blue Devil. Get him back to where he was pre-New 52 and set him up as DC's "Hollywood Hellboy."

Boisterously Confused

Alpha Centurion. I really loved the whole Alternate Take On The Man Of Tomorrow thing he had going. He fascinated me from the first.

Vigilante (the original): Just a cool character.

Witchfire: She was such a different take on the whole mystic superhero character.

Ultimate Member

Amazing Man (with the matter chameleon powers) always seemed like he was just waiting for his chance.

Bushmaster, a reptile-themed 'Batman' from Venezuela, IIRC, also seemed like he had potential.

Air Wave, Firehawk, Tuatara, Element Woman, Golden Eagle, the original pre-'Fire' Green Fury who could breathe a mystical green flame that burned hot or cold, changed her costume, created illusions, etc. There are a *ton* of lesser-used characters out there that have interesting potential.

Vic Sage- I’d count him because aside from the DCAU he never really appears.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Firestorm definitely needs a push, if he counts as lesser known character.

Aztek is usually my go-to answer for this type of question; just a great concept, great design, and one of those gems from the 90's that most people forget about.

Definitely gotta agree with the Amazing Man suggestion too, Will was a great character and it pisses me off that DC never tried to capitalize on him; cool unique powers, awesome name, solid costume, strong ties to the JSA.......how he never became a bigger deal is beyond me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Fire. Loved her in JLI and Checkmate. Damn shame DC doesn't utilize her but i'm not surprised. Second would be Nightshade.

Firehawk

Lady Quark

X'Hal

Fury I

Fury II

Damage would be a great book if he had the JSA and Titans to play off of.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm still waiting for a Manhunter revival. I hear Kate Spencer is appearing in Green Arrow now, but I want a full-fledged comeback.

Red Tornado is a character I've always wanted to like, but most of his solo outings or even character-focused team arcs have fallen flat for me. There's definitely potential there, though, and if the right writer were attached, I have to believe the end result would be stellar.

Finally, Vril Dox has been a guilty pleasure of mine for a while now. He's that smarmy character I can't help but love. Seems like DC want more exposure for their cosmic corner now, too, so now seems as good a time as any to put out a new R.E.B.E.L.S. series with him place prominently at the forefront.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Flamebird/Bette Kane. Let her give up being a copy/follower of her cousin - drop the Hawkfire name and take her out of the military. Give her a kid sidekick (who obviously can't be named Nigthwing but can be a good visual contrast). Treat her with respect, as her own character with her own abilities and goals.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

John Trujillo, the Black Condor
    2018_Black_Condor.jpg
    Let the Freedom Fighters have their own version on that other earth, and let this Black Condor loose as a solo or mix it up with other heroes other than his former team. He just looks so damn cool.

John Chan, Claw
    2018_Claw_Chan_02.jpg
    Ditch the armor and the modern-conan thing and make him more Highlander/horror and delve into the history and mythology of his demon hand.

Carol Ferris, The Star Sapphire
    2018_StarSapphire.jpg
    She's been around forever and finally became a hero in her own right, but never without being saddled with a man. Let her run her business, be a hero and ... y'know, have it all.

If I'm not mistaken, all three universes (DCU, Wildstorm and Vertigo) were combined during Flashpoint. If that's still the case, then I would love for DC to bring back Captain Kilina. Maybe she can be a "sometime-enemy/sometime-ally" of Aquaman.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-07-2018 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Mark Shaw, Manhunter
    2018_Manhunter.jpg
    So much history and mythology just sitting in limbo. Introduce the other Manhunters at some point, as each of them have an interesting and particular place in the legacy.