Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want a Red Tornado mini.
    I wouldn't mind reading a mini of his as I haven't read much of him outside any appearances he makes in comics I read.

The heroes do come up and even forgotten characters can return. What I'd like to see is a return of concepts and stories from the past like Star Hunters and Thriller which had a brilliant sense of future nad could thrive when 21st century storytelling and depth is applied.

This is my kind of thread. I have so many in mind, but I guess I’ll just leave it at Frostbite or Air Wave.
    I’d like a 6 issue series reintroducing Air Wave, but Frostbite needs a solo to give her something even resembling an audience.

I want to see a Gnnark/Kamandi team-up story.
    That sounds excellent! They're two of my favorites.

I miss Peyer's Hourman (co-starring Snapper Carr) and I think the most interesting contemporary character introduced then promptly dropped was Element Woman (Emily Sung). So much potential wasted. Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel) too for similar reasons.

I want a Red Tornado mini.
    I wonder what you thought of Meltzer's first arc on JLA which was so Red Tornado-centric. I loved it. But I'd very much like to see him as a more prominent character in current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I wonder what you thought of Meltzer's first arc on JLA which was so Red Tornado-centric. I loved it. But I'd very much like to see him as a more prominent character in current comics.
    I remember reading it but nothing else about it. I'll have to dig it up again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Creeper (solo or team book)
    Golden Eagle (team book)
    Flamebird (partner up with Nightwing for a year)
    Empress (team book) - loved this character so much!
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Creeper (solo or team book)
    Creeper has a lot going for him. there's the media aspect which is so much different now then it was when Ditko created him. There's also the weird nature of the character which fits better now than it did then. This is the kind of series Young Animal could have been running.

Incredible Member

Matter-Eater Lad

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see Creeper come back with a mini series. I remember really loving that Welcome to Creepsville mini he got like a decade back from Niles and Justiniano. I think Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Catman, and Black Orchid should also be shown some love.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 12-14-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Too many to name. But let’s see.

Bronze Tiger
    Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    Gangbuster
    The Creeper - he has aspects of Spider-Man and The Joker. How is he not more popular?!?
    The Question
    Frankenstein
    Etrigan
    Mister Miracle and Barda (hopefully King’s series gets them to some more recognition)
    Vibe
    Commander Steel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Too many to name. But let’s see.
    Bronze Tiger
    Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    Gangbuster
    The Creeper - he has aspects of Spider-Man and The Joker. How is he not more popular?!?
    The Question
    Frankenstein
    Etrigan
    Mister Miracle and Barda (hopefully King’s series gets them to some more recognition)
    Vibe
    Commander Steel
    Some great choices! I'd be interested in Bronze Tiger, Manhunter (Kate or the Power Company dude), Commander Steel and Etrigan.

I always wondered what it would have been like if Moore had chosen Jason Blood as his sardonic chain-smoking Brit occultist, instead of creating John Constantine for that role in his Swamp Thing run...

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Golden Eagle (team book)
    IIRC, the last we saw Charlie, he'd been seized *as a sex slave,* so there's some creepy 'survivor-of-abuse' story potential right there. (The sort of post-trauma stuff that was flirted with back in the day with Damage/Grant, and then quietly shelved.)

Retired

Ambush Bug
    Ambush Bug
    Ambush Bug
    Ambush Bug
    Ambush Bug
    Ambush Bug
    AMBUSH BUG

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Omen.

DC has a surprising lack of telepaths in it's lineup. There is Martian Manhunter and, as an extension, Miss Martian and then there is The Brain and Psimon... the latter two aren't very popular and for some reason, a lot of the time no one knows what to do with the Martian's. Miss M wasn't really all that popular until she she showed up in Young Justice and people just like to throw J'Onn under the bus.

In a lot of ways Omen could be treated like the Jean Grey of the DC Universe. A powerful telepath if not the top one that is plenty capable and could, potentially, lead a team if need be based on how she was written by Dan Abnett in the current volume of Titans; dare I say that of the "original" Titans, it was Lilith that he understood the most. Give her a team to lead - Titans, Outsiders, something similar, or a team to mentor like a new Teen Titans. Let her join a Justice League offshoot. I've long been of the idea that a team should have a Telepath on it's roster - perhaps that's the X-Men fan in me thinking they should be essential - and it's long time that a Titan outside of the most popular ones got their due.

Oh, and - redesign her to look more like Enchantress did in the New 52 Era!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Omen.

DC has a surprising lack of telepaths in it's lineup. There is Martian Manhunter and, as an extension, Miss Martian and then there is The Brain and Psimon... the latter two aren't very popular and for some reason, a lot of the time no one knows what to do with the Martian's. Miss M wasn't really all that popular until she she showed up in Young Justice and people just like to throw J'Onn under the bus.

In a lot of ways Omen could be treated like the Jean Grey of the DC Universe. A powerful telepath if not the top one that is plenty capable and could, potentially, lead a team if need be based on how she was written by Dan Abnett in the current volume of Titans; dare I say that of the "original" Titans, it was Lilith that he understood the most. Give her a team to lead - Titans, Outsiders, something similar, or a team to mentor like a new Teen Titans. Let her join a Justice League offshoot. I've long been of the idea that a team should have a Telepath on it's roster - perhaps that's the X-Men fan in me thinking they should be essential - and it's long time that a Titan outside of the most popular ones got their due.

Oh, and - redesign her to look more like Enchantress did in the New 52 Era!
    The only problem with Omen is she is Titan, and Dan Didio HATES all former Titans and wants them all dead. I'm sure in his desk drawer there is a special issue already written by him called Titans Slaughter where he gleefully kills off any character older than Damian Wayne who has ever been a member of the Titans. He just has not had the balls to finally push it through.