Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

It could certainly explain Eye-Boy.
    I just realized he can never pet a cat again because he'll get cat allergens in his eyes and now I'm sad.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Hey Jean, now that you're fighting omega level Nate grey, shouldn't you bring out all these Magneto helmets for your team?

-_- God, Xmen Red became so disappointing. All that potential, gushed down the drain.
    12 issues of cat and mouse with Nova. Not one single fight. Constant pages of posing and speech giving. Zero character interactions as the other characters are wall paper.

This was a mistake.

Novatron! One shall stand, one shall fall! *equips Raspberry helmet* X-Bots, roll out!

Optimus! Before the 90's comes to take over your franchise, I will reign the fire of Morrison upon you!

*Jean reports Cass' Twitter, getting her suspended*

jean no how could you do this to me no wait i am a major antagonist i know i'm from the 2000's but only by a little bit no wait please don't do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hey Jean, now that you're fighting omega level Nate grey, shouldn't you bring out all these Magneto helmets for your team?

-_- God, Xmen Red became so disappointing. All that potential, gushed down the drain.
    12 issues of cat and mouse with Nova. Not one single fight. Constant pages of posing and speech giving. Zero character interactions as the other characters are wall paper.

This was a mistake.
    11 issues.Just so you know.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

This was a mistake.
    My thoughts exactly. Prepared for a disappointment again cuz these new batch of writers cant write an entertaining fight to save their lives.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    11 issues.Just so you know.
    12, if you include the annual.

I hit the 1,000 post milestone.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-07-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Oh no, Genosha might get blown up... again.

Yawn.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Oh no, Genosha might get blown up... again.

Yawn.
    Your avatar is sublime.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I'm sad to see this series end, but it has been a great ride every step of the way. Jean Grey has really re-established herself as a leader and a visionary for the X-men in this. After being dead for so long, she has really gotten back on track, as a character. Her interactions with every character feel genuine and spot on. Now, she's making friends with the Avengers as well. She's well on her way to becoming a major player in the Marvel universe and X-men Red is a big reason why.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    12, if you include the annual.

I hit the 1,000 post milestone.
    Annual doesn't include nova.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, I don't care what all you say. This is the best team book I've seen since I got into Marvel (admittedly not that long ago, but still)
    I've been here for 2 decades and I can tell you: this is the best team book, the best X-Men comic since Wolverine and the X-Men, and one of the (two) best comics of the year( the other being Mr. Miracle).

If wasnt for the art changes it would have been the new Astonishing X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno M. View Post
    I've been here for 2 decades and I can tell you: this is the best team book, the best X-Men comic since Wolverine and the X-Men, and one of the (two) best comics of the year( the other being Mr. Miracle).

If wasnt for the art changes it would have been the new Astonishing X-Men.
    I've read almost all of the X-canon. Been a fan for close to 3 decades now.

This book had a ton of potential. And it stumbled, fumbled, and fell.

It has been a lot better than most recent runs, but it is still a mess.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I've read almost all of the X-canon. Been a fan for close to 3 decades now.

This book had a ton of potential. And it stumbled, fumbled, and fell.

It has been a lot better than most recent runs, but it is still a mess.
    Not at all. Fans like you are a real disgrace to the franchise. If we can't reconize when something THAT good happens to our characters - even when a lot of people in the industry and non-x-fans are praising it - we are doomed to live the "X-Curse"(inside joke from another forum) even in blessings like X-Men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Annual doesn't include nova.
    She showed up at the end to mind rape Rachel.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Looks good, I guess. It's a shame the book never really delivered, but it was a breath of fresh air on the otherwise stagnant X-Men franchise. Most of it was good, so I'd say it's a good thing Red happened. I just wish I could say it was better than the rest for being actually excellent and not because of how underwhelming the other books were.