Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

It was meh but I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than this week's Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    oof. I know a lot of people saw Red as very "politically aware" or "social justice-y" but this reads so very liberal/centrist to me.

-Jean's Red Team, Namor, the Atlantean Army, and the Avengers all come to blows with Cassandra's army of mind-controlled humans
    -Cassandra conveniently doesn't care anymore and decides to blow up Genosha by causing damage to the nuclear reactors on the giant aircraft above them, to which Gentle metaphorically says "#$&% that" as Nightcrawler teleports him near the reactor, where he proceeds to tear his way inside
    -Trinary notices that the levels that were initially critical are now massively decreasing and that Gentle is why. Turns out he's literally holding a nuclear reactor together with his bare hands. I don't know how strong that is, but it sounds pretty damn impressive since Thor and Carol are impressed.
    -Cassandra gets some sense and lifts up Jean's stupid plastic hat before the two clash, destroying the surrounding terrain. While they are fighting, Jean reveals that she's trying to invade her mind but is unsuccessful.
    -Storm, Gambit, Namor, Sentinel X, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man all head to the messed up aircraft, and Remy's gonna blow that sh!t up.
    -Wolverine (last time we can canonically call her that ) distracts Cassie while Kurt ports Gabby in to inject her with a nanite sentinel. Jean reveals that the nanite was reprogrammed by Trinary to have Cassandra feel 'empathy' whenever she tries to enter a mutant's head.
    -Storm and Iron Man get everyone from the aircraft's deck, and Sentinel X, Captain Marvel, and Namor physically lift the deck and fly to safety. Gambit prepares to blow the ship up and Thor retrieves Gentle from the reactor site. When they get back, the ship is ready to explode so Thor gets all of them out of harm's way.
    -Cassandra breaks down as Jean gives a speech to her, wanting Nova to atone for her sins and seek justice (even tho this was a corny ass scene, I'm not doing the speech justice)

*cut to United Nations*
    -Jean makes another speech, this time she is backed by the Avengers, her entire team, the O5, Old Man Logan (for some reason?), Kitty and Colossus. It ends with her showing her vision to the people of the United Nations. The end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So Taylor really had Jean sidestep every battle, disappointing.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, we didn't even get any followup to Forge. Yet I'd rather get this sap than see the Mansion explode and watch Warren lose it for the 67th time as if we'd be excited for any of that. I doubt Extermination is gonna even do away with Searebro considering Uncanny doesn't care for anything that the Color Titles set up.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Overall lackluster, but...

spoilers:
    ...gotta give props to Gambit charging an entire helicarrier.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yes, at least most of the team really got a moment to shine.

spoilers:
    Except Namor. Pretty sure he was only in this book for the pun potential.
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I feel like

spoilers:
    Taylor had more that he wanted to do with Namor and the most of his cast but that the book got canceled for Uncanny and Namor got taken away for Uncanny. Also, I'm gonna say it here too, I think that Cassandra should take the classic Professor X role now for a while.

And also, the endgame of this was a good move, based on Morrison's own intentions for her in Here Comes Tomorrow.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Didn't he do that in X-men:Fear itself already?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I feel like

spoilers:
    Taylor had more that he wanted to do with Namor and the most of his cast but that the book got canceled for Uncanny and Namor got taken away for Uncanny. Also, I'm gonna say it here too, I think that Cassandra should take the classic Professor X role now for a while.

And also, the endgame of this was a good move, based on Morrison's own intentions for her in Here Comes Tomorrow.
    end of spoilers
    He had 11 issues to do that with several unnecessary pages where the actual Red team did nothing while Jean Grey resolved everything. So let's be fair here, it's not the X-Offices fault his pacing was poor and the use of the rest of the team non-existent until the complaints racked up. I don't know if the last few issues were a response to those complaints or if he always intended to that however for:

Pacing 3/10
    Use of team 2/10
    Art 9/10

For reused/stolen plots...I mean this is basically the spoilers:
    re-education of Cassandra in Stuffs body
    end of spoilers except she has an abundance of powers like TK and can phase so bye bye temporary fix. So this isn't a great idea. Also I should say coercion rather then education as it's learning through pain.

Cassandra Nova was written like an idiot. Who waited a week for these folks to show up. And realised she could actually affect the spoilers:
    helmets
    end of spoilers at the end
    So 1/10 for Cassandra

Rachel Grey is lying is a ditch somewhere next to Caliban probably

spoilers:
    And Jean Grey has the gaul to show her face at the UN OF flanked by the Avengers for illegally entering two countries India and Poland? And being recorded on TV doing so and in one case having her team slice off the hand of someone who for all purposes can claim they were under Novas control.
    end of spoilers

Like the only thing that I can Taylor is dialogue made the characters sound in character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Cassandra Nova was written like an idiot. Who waited a week for these folks to show up. And realised she could actually affect the spoilers:
    helmets
    end of spoilers at the end
    So 1/10 for Cassandra

spoilers:
    And Jean Grey has the gaul to show her face at the UN OF flanked by the Avengers for illegally entering two countries India and Poland? And being recorded on TV doing so and in one case having her team slice off the hand of someone who for all purposes can claim they were under Novas control.
    end of spoilers
    These things are hard to ignore.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 12-12-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how much if any of the ending was chanced cause of age of xmen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The pacing got faster because of Uncanny/AoX-Man?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    The pacing got faster because of Uncanny/AoX-Man?
    Since apparently no writer knows that the other is doing until last minute it makes scense, rember the first few issues of red were made without Taylor knowing whath happen in return of Jean

BANNED

Since apparently no writer knows that the other is doing until last minute it makes scense, rember the first few issues of red were made without Taylor knowing whath happen in return of Jean
    What more could happen in return of jean outside of return of jean?

When did we find out Uncanny X-Men was coming out? It seems Red was always intended to be prolonged story similar to Soules Astonishing X-Men. We knew as fans Red was only going to last 11 to 12 issues how did the writers not know?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That makes no sense since the book ignores everything else happening in the 616.