Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I might've gotten the volume number wrong. I meant the one when Whedon took over.
    I have no idea what the volumes are, it's just that I haven't read anything pre-2018 and post-1960 other than major events (I'm slowly churning through 616 chronologically. I'm up to 1959.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

when you're referring to different versions of a book, just do what marvel does and refer to it by the year it started, astonishing jeez, man (2004)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The asset feels really rushed.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

I really really dislike how Cassandra Nova is being written here, the "everybody gets Magneto helmets thanks to Tony Stark" thing, and the Avengers being there.
    It's impossible to not compare this with Morrison's new xmen, that also doesn't help this book.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I really really dislike how Cassandra Nova is being written here, the "everybody gets Magneto helmets thanks to Tony Stark" thing, and the Avengers being there.
    It's impossible to not compare this with Morrison's new xmen, that also doesn't help this book.
    The book is cancelled with this issue so it doesnt matter

I honestly wanted Jean to engage in glorious psionic battle with Cassandra while the rest of the team freed Forge to turn the nano-sentinels against Nova.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I honestly wanted Jean to engage in glorious psionic battle with Cassandra while the rest of the team freed Forge to turn the nano-sentinels against Nova.
    I expected either that, or tricking Cassandra Nova as it was done with Morrison, not "lol, everybody get Magneto helmets"
    it trivialized telepathy

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That would have been my ideal ending but it's not too late. I hope it can still happen or there is an interesting twist at the end.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-07-2018 at 05:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That would have been my ideal ending but ti's not too late. I hope it can still happen or there is an interesting twist at the end.
    If it happens, it will last as long as Jean's fights with Storm and Rachel, I'd bet.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I expected either that, or tricking Cassandra Nova as it was done with Morrison, not "lol, everybody get Magneto helmets"
    it trivialized telepathy
    And telepathy-dampening won't stop Nova from atomizing the helmets [and heads] or just using TK to pull them off [along with heads].

A lower level threat with just telepathy who had no choice but to use the nano-sentinels and the guerilla identity politics tactics Nova used would have been a better choice for main villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What a waste. So much potential. I’ve also been reading comics, and X-Men comics specifically, for 30 years, and this book had the chance to be something special. It didn’t live up to its potential. This ending is ridiculous.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What a waste. So much potential. I’ve also been reading comics, and X-Men comics specifically, for 30 years, and this book had the chance to be something special. It didn’t live up to its potential. This ending is ridiculous.
    Tell it sistah!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

spoilers:
    oof. I know a lot of people saw Red as very "politically aware" or "social justice-y" but this reads so very liberal/centrist to me.

-Jean's Red Team, Namor, the Atlantean Army, and the Avengers all come to blows with Cassandra's army of mind-controlled humans
    -Cassandra conveniently doesn't care anymore and decides to blow up Genosha by causing damage to the nuclear reactors on the giant aircraft above them, to which Gentle metaphorically says "#$&% that" as Nightcrawler teleports him near the reactor, where he proceeds to tear his way inside
    -Trinary notices that the levels that were initially critical are now massively decreasing and that Gentle is why. Turns out he's literally holding a nuclear reactor together with his bare hands. I don't know how strong that is, but it sounds pretty damn impressive since Thor and Carol are impressed.
    -Cassandra gets some sense and lifts up Jean's stupid plastic hat before the two clash, destroying the surrounding terrain. While they are fighting, Jean reveals that she's trying to invade her mind but is unsuccessful.
    -Storm, Gambit, Namor, Sentinel X, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man all head to the messed up aircraft, and Remy's gonna blow that sh!t up.
    -Wolverine (last time we can canonically call her that ) distracts Cassie while Kurt ports Gabby in to inject her with a nanite sentinel. Jean reveals that the nanite was reprogrammed by Trinary to have Cassandra feel 'empathy' whenever she tries to enter a mutant's head.
    -Storm and Iron Man get everyone from the aircraft's deck, and Sentinel X, Captain Marvel, and Namor physically lift the deck and fly to safety. Gambit prepares to blow the ship up and Thor retrieves Gentle from the reactor site. When they get back, the ship is ready to explode so Thor gets all of them out of harm's way.
    -Cassandra breaks down as Jean gives a speech to her, wanting Nova to atone for her sins and seek justice (even tho this was a corny ass scene, I'm not doing the speech justice)

*cut to United Nations*
    -Jean makes another speech, this time she is backed by the Avengers, her entire team, the O5, Old Man Logan (for some reason?), Kitty and Colossus. It ends with her showing her vision to the people of the United Nations. The end.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-12-2018 at 01:45 AM.

The Red Dragon

Thanks for the summary, this sounds about as lame as I thought it would be. Tom Taylor cant write an engaging battle to save his life. Good riddance!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, considering the run altogether, I'm not surprised on how it ended. Either way, I'm still a bit disappointed.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia