Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Never said it was sinister. It's a morally grey thing that was done with good intentions. It has the potential to lead to an interesting story or at least an interesting interaction with her step-father.
    Yeah, didn't mean you specifically suggested that. Just responding to the general discussion as to what it means one way or another for Alicia's character.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For the record, I did say it was sinister....something about the scene as drawn had that vibe to me I guess. Alicia has always been endowed with a kind of purity that many works of fiction grants to the blind or someone with an affliction like a fatal disease. Think of the blind hermit in Bride of Frankenstein, Tiny Tim. When she got married to Johnny that was wiped away by the "I Married a Skrull from Outer Space" retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    For the record, I did say it was sinister....something about the scene as drawn had that vibe to me I guess. Alicia has always been endowed with a kind of purity that many works of fiction grants to the blind or someone with an affliction like a fatal disease. Think of the blind hermit in Bride of Frankenstein, Tiny Tim. When she got married to Johnny that was wiped away by the "I Married a Skrull from Outer Space" retcon.
    The purity of the handicapped is a common trope.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...yDisadvantaged

Marvel's claim to fame is their their less perfect and more real life characters. Less one and two dimensional to be exact. With Alicia, however, we don't see the parts of her that are less than admirable. The FF all have them, and their villains all have redeeming qualities. But Ms. Masters is the icon that even Norrin Radd looks up to.

There's certainly a point as to whether this is too much for her to have done morally. Those arguments are certainly valid and I am willing to discuss those points. But she has committed a serious action with the best intentions. With the shifting feelings of non-consent between the Masters introduction and today, the theft of a person's free will can certainly be considered sinister. I'm not forgiving the action and I'm not sure it's a direction that would fit with Alicia, but there is a plethora of justification for her actions.

Also, storing the doll away is more ominous than I think we realize.

I just want/need Sue to get drunk off her face.
    We got Crystal drunk, does that help?

Considering all the crap that ass of a father of hers has done with that stupid clay of his i say that he got what he deserved, besides she deserves to be happy and Ben makes her happy, she has a right to bend the rules a bit for once doesn't she? At least i think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    We got Crystal drunk, does that help?
    Meh. 10 char.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Meh. 10 char.
    "But I don't have time to kick your ass properly just at the moment." was a line I could imagine you reading with glee and a little giggle. I know i loved it from Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    "But I don't have time to kick your ass properly just at the moment." was a line I could imagine you reading with glee and a little giggle. I know i loved it from Sue.
    I do not giggle.

But that line did make me smile.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I do not giggle.

But that line did make me smile.
    I apologize for my misinterpretation of your emotion reaction.

Mighty Member

I felt a bit ripped off. Sue did not get drunk and ramble about all her poor life choices starting with her infamous 90s boob window.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I felt a bit ripped off. Sue did not get drunk and ramble about all her poor life choices starting with her infamous 90s boob window.
    No matter how $#!+-faced we get, there are still embarrassing parts of our past we will NEVER mention again.