Page 107 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I wouldn't even address the casting change in the story. Make her Kate and move on. You can do a cute little nod in one of the crossovers. Have Barry or one of team Flash make a small you look different haha and keep it moving. I would much rather they fix almost everything else about the show. I'll actually watch again to see the new actress
    Yeah, IMO, that's really the only viable way to go that makes sense. Otherwise, the showrunners should pack up and go home.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

is the show still available to stream online?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the show still available to stream online?
    Yes, every episode.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Here’s the official statement. Nowhere do they say they are planning to recast the role of Kate Kane. And honestly, even if that is what happens, casting an actress to play a new character is more believable. So until there is an official statement suggesting otherwise that is my theory
    The article I read earlier in the day suggested the plan was to recast Kate. I can't find it now though. In any case I knew it wasn't an official confirmation, that's why I qualified it with "the early word". If they do make up a brand new character, that's fine.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-20-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Kate Kane isn't leaving, Ruby Rose is. A new actress will be Kate Kane.
    This generation got too spoiled with associating one actor to a role.

We survived Bruce Banner getting recast but now they don't want to recast anyone as Iron Man and Captain America so they get rid of them.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The article I read earlier in the day suggested the plan was to recast Kate. I can't find it now though. In any case I knew it wasn't an official confirmation, that's why I qualified it with "the early word". If they do make up a brand new character, that's fine.
    Here is a story where it states that WB will recast the roll of Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here is a story where it states that WB will recast the roll of Kate.
    Out of curiosity, has anyone listed any other characters the Arrowverse has recast? Right now, I can only think of Sam Lane (Lois' father).

In any case, unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time they had to recast the lead.

So that's how Alice and Mouse end, is it? I was hoping they would stick together, but Mouse had been unhappy for a while. Alice just couldn't let him leave, though. She's sick. Tommy Elliot has Bruce Wayne's face now?! Whoa.

I'm not sure any of that kryptonite stuff makes sense. Batwoman has an impressive suit, but she's still just a human in a costume. She was beaten by Titan, one guy, in this episode. She may be bullet proof, but you can still drug her, knock her out, get her out of the costume, etc. Also, how is that the last piece of kryptonite left? Having said that, though, Kate and Mary thinking the crushed up kryptonite that Luke had was cocaine was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I.....do not know what to say.....I most certainly do not know if I will be able to keep watching. We lost freaking Ruby Rose !

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-2-1295227

What.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone listed any other characters the Arrowverse has recast? Right now, I can only think of Sam Lane (Lois' father).

In any case, unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time they had to recast the lead.
    I'm trying to remember the first program to lose its lead after the first season - Robert Lansing on Twelve O'Clock High? Still different than this, though, where the lead character is part of the show's title.

Superboy survived a replaced lead actor, I am sure this will too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Superboy survived a replaced lead actor, I am sure this will too.
    I think so, too, Kirby. Just a matter of what the Cw wants to do at this time.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm trying to remember the first program to lose its lead after the first season - Robert Lansing on Twelve O'Clock High? Still different than this, though, where the lead character is part of the show's title.
    Superboy definitely springs to mind.

Star Trek: Voyager lost its original Janeway after the pilot had been filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    B5 as mentioned and Mission Impossible with Steven Hill leaving after Season 1 and them casting Peter Graves as new team leader Jim Phelps. But again those introduced new characters as the lead which IMO is harder than just recasting.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Star Trek: Voyager lost its original Janeway after the pilot had been filmed.
    Thats not uncommon though. Many shows make casting changes from the pilot (often only shown to execs) and the real 1st episode. Buffy the Vampire Slayer for instance had a completely different actress playing Willow in its pilot. Buffy was different as well as while it was still SMG she was a brunette.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend recast one of its characters who had been there for seasons 1 and 2 and then left and didn't come back til the 2nd half of season 4. The show was always tongue in cheek so they made it a running gag about with things like characters not recognizing him, lots of comments about how he's really changed, and they even devoted one of their musical numbers to the gag. Don't think that would work here though since Batwoman is always serious whereas Crazy Ex-Girlfriend even when dealing with extremely serious issues would still find ways to come at it humorously most of the time.