Page 59 of 233 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Thank you for your kind words.

I thought as much. Kind of stupid idea making Bruce an adult when Kate was a kid . . . unless there was a Lazarus Pit . . .
    No prob!

And not necessarily. I have cousins who are much older than I am. And it could end up being the reason Bruce left- after decades of fighting crime, much like Danny Glover, he got too old for that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Kind of stupid idea making Bruce an adult when Kate was a kid . . . unless there was a Lazarus Pit . . .
    Why? I see no problem. There can be huge age gaps between siblings, and even more so with cousins. It keeps them from directly competing, so if anything it seems like a smart move for a TV series about Batwoman.

The show is focused on the younger, newer generation of Gotham heroes, keeping it separate from the animated Batman shows. But it doesn't go so far into the future as to be like Batman Beyond.

Kate - Bruce's much younger cousin
    Luke - Lucius's son
    Julia - Alfred's daughter

As for the Robins and Batgirls, that stuff is messy and the Robins have their own show anyway. Oracle is confirmed to exist, to wherever Babs is, she is no longer Batgirl. I'd guess Nightwing is busy in Bludhaven, and if any other Robins exist/ed I suspect they are either dead, retired, or in the case of Jason if he exists - perhaps banished from Gotham as Bruce might have chased him out of the city and he didn't bother to return.

Oh, and if anyone was worried about ratings:
    https://www.thegeekbuzz.com/news/sup...llation-sight/

I think people take for granted how much older Superman is from Supergirl in the Arrowverse because the Kryptonian metabolism has slowed his aging down, but I think the age difference is pretty similar to the one between Bruce and Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people take for granted how much older Superman is from Supergirl in the Arrowverse because the Kryptonian metabolism has slowed his aging down, but I think the age difference is pretty similar to the one between Bruce and Kate.
    Well yeah, that would be the other reason, if the narrative of the (Earth 38) Batman and Superman friendship is to make more sense. Kara was 13 when Superman, in the old Supergirl intro pulls her out of the pod. Then apparently dropped her off to the Danvers to raise.

Interestingly, now that we have Batwoman and know that Bruce "was there for her" when she was growing-up, and like an "older brother" - Clark kinda looks like a jerk by comparison.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-15-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Well yeah, that would be the other reason, if the narrative of the (Earth 38) Batman and Superman friendship is to make more sense. Kara was 13 when Superman, in the old Supergirl intro pulls her out of the pod. Then apparently dropped her off to the Danvers to raise.

Interestingly, now that we have Batwoman and know that Bruce "was there for her" when she was growing-up, and like an "older brother" - Clark kinda looks like a jerk by comparison.
    Clark has ALWAYS looked like a jerk in the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Meh, in my opinion, Clark is always a self-righteous jerk, period. Now, whether he's a fascist self-righteous jerk or not depends on the writer.

What?

The guy is full-on nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    What?

The guy is full-on nice guy.
    I meant to Kara specifically. Finding your 13 year old cousin and dumping her off with a human family, right after (from her perspective) she lost her whole world is, to me, a dick move. Especially since in her mind, she was going to Earth to watch over Clark. But Clark didn't even bother to do that for her.

I meant to Kara specifically. Finding your 13 year old cousin and dumping her off with a human family, right after (from her perspective) she lost her whole world is, to me, a dick move. Especially since in her mind, she was going to Earth to watch over Clark. But Clark didn't even bother to do that for her.
    Whilst Bruce was very good, looking out for his 12 year old cousin.

Whilst Bruce was very good, looking out for his 12 year old cousin.
    That's a much different situation. Kate lost her mother and sister, but she still had her father. All Kara had for family was Clark, and he dumped her off with a human family that she had never met before.

That's a much different situation. Kate lost her mother and sister, but she still had her father. All Kara had for family was Clark, and he dumped her off with a human family that she had never met before.
    Good point. Kate had her father to take care of her. Plus apparently Bruce stayed involved in Kate's life while she was growing up. Clark apparently had little interaction with Kara while she was growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kate had her father to take care of her. Plus apparently Bruce stayed involved in Kate's life while she was growing up. Clark apparently had little interaction with Kara while she was growing up.
    Yes, Bruce didn't need to be there for Kate, but he was anyway. Clark should have been there for Kara, but wasn't, and Kara needed that support from Clark more than Kate did from Bruce.

Has anyone figured-out how it is that Kate can run Wayne Tower? In ep 4 when Reagan asks Kate what she does: "Nothing really, just keeping tabs on my cousin's building". Is there some kind of inheritance deal, or what? Or is it one of those TV things we as viewers just have to accept, so they can get on with the super-heroics?

Has anyone figured-out how it is that Kate can run Wayne Tower? In ep 4 when Reagan asks Kate what she does: "Nothing really, just keeping tabs on my cousin's building". Is there some kind of inheritance deal, or what? Or is it one of those TV things we as viewers just have to accept, so they can get on with the super-heroics?
    I think Kate is just a squatter and there doesn't seem to be anyone other than Luke interested enough in the building to keep squatters out. He seems to be the only one in the building other than now Kate.
    I imagine up until this point Luke was keeping other squatters out. But once Kate gained his trust he decided not to make an issue about evicting her like he seemed to be doing with other potential squatters.

Ultimate Member

Kinda amusing that grown-up Clark off-loaded *the teenager who was sent to earth to babysit him as an infant* because she showed up too late to do so.

"Yeah. I no longer need a babysitter. You're about twenty years late. (Don't expect a great Yelp review.) Nor do I, a young single man, need a teenage girl crashing in my bachelor pad, because people will talk about whether or not that's appropriate, and I've seen enough Three's Company as a kid to know how these things go..."

Honestly, sending a prepubescent to take care of an infant all alone was a stupid idea even if you leave out the issue of her being stuck in space longer than him.