Page 149 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

I agree, Kate should have never been replaced. The entire first season was about Kate and the family and friends she loved. Now season 2 throws Kate out cos CW staff believe its too hard to recast and it will confuse fans. Seriously Kate should have been recast, the first ever live action Batwoman show, a lesbian superhero show and ....hey wait a minute let's just get rid of all the story arcs and the main character and move on to a new character. How do u just drop all that? This show was ground breaking and they just threw it all out the window and its fans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I just think that it's incredibly short sighted to claim a character can only be a specific version of that character when history has stated otherwise on numerous occasions.
    No one claimed that Kate can be the only Batwoman, my original comment was IMHO it won't be a Batwoman show anymore - because for me Kate is Batwoman, and she is the cannon Batwoman. Notice that my original comment had IMHO. It was a comment about my personal viewpoint. This whole argument has been pointless, the IMHO was there for a reason you know.

And going back to the other comment, no Patience Phillips and Kate Kane are in no way equivalents, Patience was in 1 film, that didn't do great, and she exists no where else - no other film/TV and no comics or videogames or anything. Kate Kane = numerous comics, animation, tv, audiobook, and at least 1 videogame appearance (DC Universe online).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    And going back to the other comment, no Patience Phillips and Kate Kane are in no way equivalents, Patience was in 1 film, that didn't do great, and she exists no where else - no other film/TV and no comics or videogames or anything. Kate Kane = numerous comics, animation, tv, audiobook, and at least 1 videogame appearance (DC Universe online).
    Agreed. You know what, there are interesting ideas with Patience Phillips which could make a good comic series, just modify the bad parts (her costume, make her character more than a poor Batman Returns expy) and put her in the mystic parts of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Nope. Batwoman isn't a legacy mantle like Robin.
    The interesting thing about this universe is that Kate is herself a legacy character in that (unlike the comics) she has taken up Batman's mantle. She uses his cave, uses his stuff and wears a version of his actual suit. I'm sure nobody ever thought she'd be replaced - and certainly not this soon, but in this universe, it's not as much her mantle as it is in the comics.

Ruby Rose Expands On The Reasons She Exited ‘Batwoman’

“Being the lead of a superhero show is tough. Being the lead in anything is tough,” Rose tells EW in a new interview. “But I think, in that particular instance, it was a lot more difficult because I was still recovering from my surgery. I had my surgery and then 10 days later I went to work, which maybe wasn’t the best idea. Most people take about a month or three off before they return to work, so it was definitely made more difficult by that. But as far as being a lead of a show or a film — regardless if it’s action or if it’s emotional — in whichever ways it’s taxing.”
    She made her decision to leave the show amid the coronavirus-related production shutdown, which allowed her some time to do some introspection and reflection. As Deadline reported at the time of her announcement, Rose was not happy during the filming of the first season, and her behavior made everyone on the set miserable to a point where no one could see this going for another season, leading to the breakup.
    Rose told EW her decision to leave the series was not just due to her injury.
    “It wasn’t so much [the injury], especially because after we wrapped up we didn’t get to finish the real finale because of COVID,” she says. “You know, you have time in quarantine and sort of isolation to just think about a lot of different things and what you want to achieve in life and what you want to do. I think for both [me and the producers], it was a great opportunity to have a dialogue about a lot of things. I respect them so much and they’ve been so respectful to me.”
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/ruby-ro...203010501/amp/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

essentially she didn't wanna do it after her back injury and the Ronapocalypse gave her an out.

Pretty understandable reasons, all things considered.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much studio pressure was involved in rushing her return.

It's kind of like sports. Football specifically as I can recall instances where they guys on the radio shows I listen to for Denver sports can recall when they were injured and coaches or teammates would come to them and be like "so you're going to be ready for the game right, you know we need you" etc etc...thus making them push to play and often times be back before they are ready or should be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I wonder how much studio pressure was involved in rushing her return.

It's kind of like sports. Football specifically as I can recall instances where they guys on the radio shows I listen to for Denver sports can recall when they were injured and coaches or teammates would come to them and be like "so you're going to be ready for the game right, you know we need you" etc etc...thus making them push to play and often times be back before they are ready or should be returning.
    I mean, I don't know what the relationship between Ruby and the studio was. Some reports said it was an amicable split and then they outright write Kate Kane out.

This whole season really had some major bad luck in terms of production.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yup. The more I hear the more I side with Rose.

If she left due to a combination of issues that went back to her back injury (lingering pain, worry about re-injuring her back, pushing herself too hard and too fast coming back from the injury to shoot the show), then I'm completely on her side. They should have given her time to get back to 100 percent, but short of pushing back the start date of the show, I don't see how that was possible. Bad luck all around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    If she left due to a combination of issues that went back to her back injury (lingering pain, worry about re-injuring her back, pushing herself too hard and too fast coming back from the injury to shoot the show), then I'm completely on her side. They should have given her time to get back to 100 percent, but short of pushing back the start date of the show, I don't see how that was possible. Bad luck all around.
    All they had to do was come up with fictional reasons for her not be in the action and/or have another character be the focus until she healed. For example, when Lucy Lawless was injured the show had Xena's spirit possess Callisto for episodes so Callisto's actress was the main protagonist until she returned. Or they could just get other characters to get episodes about them and she cameos, this is very common in tv shows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They could have use a stint actress to do all the heavy lifting. Save Rose for the drama.

Sounds like there is little consideration for cast and crew's welfare on this show. Lead actress = nearly paralyzed. Production Assistant = paralyzed. All in 1 incomplete season.

Now that production is planned to be done differently due to the pandemic, instead of the dangers of stunts going wrong they may have a very different problem - of a superhero show being mostly (socially distanced) talk and not much action. I don't know what the latest production plans were, but last I heard they were no longer going to have close combat fighting, or kissing etc in the Arrowverse shows.

I could see Flash and Supergirl maybe managing because they rely heavily on superpowers anyway, but a Batwoman who spends her time tossing batarangs at everyone doesn't seem appealing IMO. Maybe they'll make her like the animated version and give her twin pistols, but then she's a little like Jason Todd, which I think they may have been going for anyway.

To be completely honest though, I only watched for Kate Kane because I enjoy the comics. After watching The Boys, The Tick etc in recent months, the Arrowverse just isn't good by comparison - and I know those are streaming and have larger budgets, but it's still not worth my time.