Yes they have.

That's not what Smallville was though.
    Ok.

If you say so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Ok.

If you say so.
    It was a Bill Bixby Hulk sort of show, or even David Jannsen Fugitive. A drama with a bit of action thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It was a Bill Bixby Hulk sort of show, or even David Jannsen Fugitive. A drama with a bit of action thrown in.
    Sure.

Whatever you say, man.

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    From what I recall a lot of people on the old IMDB boards said the same thing about Amell's acting at the beginning. That he was stiff and expressionless. He got better. After playing the same character 20+ episodes a year for 7 years you would have to be the worst actor in the world not to at least get to a point where your acting is passable.
    I wonder if people who go on about so-and-so actor being "stiff and expressionless" or whatever ever think about that being appropriate for the character. Stoic people do indeed exist in real life. But apparently that's "bad."

I have yet to see any actor on any of these shows who's actually, genuinely lacking in emotiveness.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-12-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    But that probably came around after the show was greenlit (after pilot was filmed).
    It wasn't meant as an attack - I meant that they are aware that it needs work and are working on it, which is a good thing. Her accent work should get better as the series progresses, and she learns how to do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Let's hope she improves...we should all hope there's a significant improvement, and that she is just learning to feel comfortable with the role.
    The Batwoman pilot is the first time she's had a leading role - all previous roles were as a supporting cast member. She's been a celebrity for a long time, but her acting career began proper in 2015. She had a second leading role right after filming the Batwoman pilot, for an action film, but that isn't released yet.

I think is reasonable expect some early stumbles until she settles into the role (and accent).

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I wonder if people who go on about so-and-so actor being "stiff and expressionless" or whatever ever think about that being appropriate for the character. Stoic people do indeed exist in real life. But apparently that's "bad."

I have yet to see any actor on any of these shows who's actually, genuinely lacking in emotiveness.
    She's probably being judged more harshly because many people expect women to be more emotional, whereas stoic men are a stereotype that people are used to and accepting of.

But yeah, Kate is very stoic - too bad most of the people complaining still think she's meant to be Batgirl - who is known as a more cheerful and light-hearted character.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Does anyone think they're eventually going to introduce Catwoman II (Holly Robinson) as a love interest? That could be amusing. Or horrendous. It could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Does anyone think they're eventually going to introduce Catwoman II (Holly Robinson) as a love interest? That could be amusing. Or horrendous. It could go either way.
    Maybe she could be hawkfire!

I'm kind of bummed they changed bits of Kate's origin. Like, what happened to her mom and sister and how she washed out of West Point felt so much more visceral and poignant in their comic depictions. I guess at least with the former they wanted to drive home the Batman connection.

Some of the visual stuff I can learn to live with. Kate looks more like Harper Row then Kate from the comics (I miss the red bob) but I think Ruby Rose is okay. Alice's elaborate frilly dresses from the comics would probably be hard to pull off here but they tried their best. Her dialogue also might not adapt well to this kind of format, but she does have that Lewis Carroll kind of sinister sing song nature to the way she talks (at least in my opinion).

The actor playing Jacob looks like a TV version of Russel Crowe.

So Mary is basically Bette, right? Her full name in the comics was Mary Elizabeth Kane. I guess this is another instance of writers feeling that no one would go with the characters original name so they just went with the more normal one, although I'm sure they'll work it in at some point. She's basically Asian Leslie Thompkins, who I'm a little bummed they didn't mention, but I'm curious if we'll see her suit up before Luke does.

Is Jacob Kane the Commissioner Gordon stand-in here? The Crows seem like the only serious police force in Gotham. Kate even pulled the classic disappearing act on him and she wasn't even a Bat-person yet .

"A female Bruce Wayne" I wasn't expecting the show to get that direct .

"What's his middle name" "He doesn't have one." Uh...isn't his middle name Thomas ?

"Alfred?" Jeez, anyone with only a passing knowledge of Bruce Wayne could probably figure that one out. It's practically like using your birthday or "deadparents" as a password.

I guess The Joker has a hand in everything. It was his plot that led Batman to scramble out of there and leave the Kane's behind under the assumption they'd be safe.

I'm guessing part of the reason Alice is targeting Jacob and the Crows specifically is she feels like her father abandoned her (and probably Kate as well). Doesn't seem like Jacob knew Alice was alive like he did in the comics.

So is Tyler Sophie's beard or is she genuinely bisexual? I guess either way, it's not a CW solo Superhero show if the lead's initial main love interest isn't involved with someone else at the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Nope, Barry asks if they can have a ride in the Batmobile. There was no confirmation that she has access to it, and I doubt they'd have the budget for one anyway, plus Kate uses a motorbike in the comics. I suspect that the batcave she has access to is a spare, and not the main cave that would be at Wayne Manor.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing as far as whether this was the "real" Batcave or just a spare one. I guess it would explain why it's more condensed then the usual Batcave, which works better from a TV budget perspective. Like, probably the expectation for the actual Batcave is it has the trophies, the cases of suits for the rest of the Batfamily (if they exist), the vehicles, etc.

Although if Wayne Enterprises is basically empty, I wonder what happened to Wayne Manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of bummed they changed bits of Kate's origin. Like, what happened to her mom and sister and how she washed out of West Point felt so much more visceral and poignant in their comic depictions. I guess at least with the former they wanted to drive home the Batman connection.
    It helps simplify things for an adaptation, which is good, and also gives a reason for the adaptational differences in the Kanes.

"What's his middle name" "He doesn't have one." Uh...isn't his middle name Thomas ?
    Only revealed relatively recently.

"Alfred?" Jeez, anyone with only a passing knowledge of Bruce Wayne could probably figure that one out. It's practically like using your birthday or "deadparents" as a password.
    I for one don't know the names of, say, any of Bill Gates's staff to make such a guess. Or more importantly, have access to his computers.

So is Tyler Sophie's beard or is she genuinely bisexual?
    I think it makes more sense if Tyler is a beard. I also suspect that Sophie is Tyler's beard.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Given the age gap between Bruce and Kate, and that Oracle/Babs is confirmed to exist (mentioned in an interview, and referenced in an Arrow episode), this Kate Kane is possibly younger than Babs and Dick. Also, the changes to her backstory as being rescued by Batman, and Bruce being a mentor to her when she was a kid - makes her somewhat more robin-like in this version. I think they also aged-her-down so to speak so she can better match Supergirl.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing as far as whether this was the "real" Batcave or just a spare one. I guess it would explain why it's more condensed then the usual Batcave, which works better from a TV budget perspective. Like, probably the expectation for the actual Batcave is it has the trophies, the cases of suits for the rest of the Batfamily (if they exist), the vehicles, etc.

Although if Wayne Enterprises is basically empty, I wonder what happened to Wayne Manor.
    Yeah, I'd like to know what happened to Wayne Manor too, but I'm sure it'll be addressed at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It helps simplify things for an adaptation, which is good, and also gives a reason for the adaptational differences in the Kanes.
    I get that, but it just was a bit of a bummer because of how iconic those moments are in my opinion.
    Only revealed relatively recently.
    Probably worth a quick google .
    I for one don't know the names of, say, any of Bill Gates's staff to make such a guess. Or more importantly, have access to his computers.
    I think Alfred kind of stands out more as Bruce Wayne's sole butler and guardian, but yeah if it took someone getting access to Wayne computers...hopefully Bruce has better security then Kord Industries .
    I think it makes more sense if Tyler is a beard. I also suspect that Sophie is Tyler's beard.
    I dunno. If she's bisexual I think it gives her more of a reason to try and stay in the relationship then to be married to someone she's not actually in love with in this day and age. Unless she really does not want people to know she's gay even though practically everyone seemed aware enough of her relationship to Kate. But it should be less of an issue now then it was when she first lied about it.

Tyler seemed kind of "dapper" but it seems too soon to assume that kind of thing in my opinion.
    Given the age gap between Bruce and Kate, and that Oracle/Babs is confirmed to exist (mentioned in an interview, and referenced in an Arrow episode), this Kate Kane is possibly younger than Babs and Dick. Also, the changes to her backstory as being rescued by Batman, and Bruce being a mentor to her when she was a kid - makes her somewhat more robin-like in this version. I think they also aged-her-down so to speak so she can better match Supergirl.
    He sounded less like a mentor and more like a father-figure or "cool uncle," especially since Kate said he was there for her when Jacob wasn't.

Or maybe Alfred was the "cool uncle" .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Sure.

Whatever you say, man.
    Yeah. Thanks for reinforcing my decision to stay away from these forums.

Well played, man. Congrats on your galactic perspective. I bow to your innate correctness.

Great job with the stunt double:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...54610943557634
    EGx5rGxXYAAUtoM.jpg

Found this article which feels relevant to some of the discussion going on in this thread, I'd recommend passing it around if you want, it was very insightful.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Great job with the stunt double:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...54610943557634
    EGx5rGxXYAAUtoM.jpg

Found this article which feels relevant to some of the discussion going on in this thread, I'd recommend passing it around if you want, it was very insightful.
    They're both hot, at any rate.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    They're both hot, at any rate.
    I know this is getting off topic, but speaking of stunt doubles, this is a great video:

Here is another article on the review bombing: https://screenrant.com/batwoman-audi...d-reviews-why/

Oh well, I'm going to have to leave this thread now, I haven't caught-up on the show, and while I don't mind being spoiled for a pilot, the series proper is a different matter. Bye for now.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-13-2019 at 08:46 PM.