Page 206 of 233 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

CW is a moderately successful TV network with a moderate budget funding all these expensive superhero shows. It doesn't surprise me they cut corners on the one that requires the least amount of special effects. I think this is part of the problem. How much of a budget do they have to churn these out? Flash, Supergirl, LOT, and Stargirl all require pretty big budgets for their SFX. Throw in S&L and you've got five shows that require expensive effects. Maybe the problem is they have too many shows they can't afford to make. Even the Batman suit looked like bad cosplay. And don't even get me started on their Batmobile. Even shows like Flash have had CGI problems the past few seasons.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Holy $#!*.

I figured the conditions on the set were unsafe, based on all the on set accidents I heard about but this sounds just...horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I guess my issue would be if all this was going on, why didn't you speak up then, who knows how much other ill **** was going down and cast and crew suffering trying to work on this show and you stood by silent and letting it happen.
    Probably for the same reasons it took Ray Fisher some time to speak out. Or Gal Gadot.

There may be contractual reasons that either ran out, or she decided to ignore for reasons. It sounds like either people kept asking her why she left and she finally decided to spill, or the people behind the show were still s**t-talking her in the trades, and she decided to get even.

Maybe she's embellishing; maybe it's all true. What is known for certain is that she had major surgery on her neck due to a stunt gone wrong on the set, and 10 days later she came back to work. Now that's either some Kurt Angle s**t right there, or she was pressured to return.

And it's fairly well-known at this point how WB treats it's talent. Look at how all of these shows bleed talent. There was something going on with China on Black Lightning; Willa Holland kept reducing her schedule on Arrow until she finally got her release. Half of the cast from Supergirl has left, and even in a recent goodbye interview, Melissa said that she would miss SOME of the people on the show.

This seems just as bad as the whole Kreisberg thing, if not worse :/

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Probably for the same reasons it took Ray Fisher some time to speak out. Or Gal Gadot.

There may be contractual reasons that either ran out, or she decided to ignore for reasons. It sounds like either people kept asking her why she left and she finally decided to spill, or the people behind the show were still s**t-talking her in the trades, and she decided to get even.

Maybe she's embellishing; maybe it's all true. What is known for certain is that she had major surgery on her neck due to a stunt gone wrong on the set, and 10 days later she came back to work. Now that's either some Kurt Angle s**t right there, or she was pressured to return.

And it's fairly well-known at this point how WB treats it's talent. Look at how all of these shows bleed talent. There was something going on with China on Black Lightning; Willa Holland kept reducing her schedule on Arrow until she finally got her release. Half of the cast from Supergirl has left, and even in a recent goodbye interview, Melissa said that she would miss SOME of the people on the show.
    I'm just thinking of when Ruby said she'd be willing to come back, to them recasting anyways and basically writing off as many Kane-family centric stuff outside of Alice, and now Ruby's saving she would never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just thinking of when Ruby said she'd be willing to come back, to them recasting anyways and basically writing off as many Kane-family centric stuff outside of Alice, and now Ruby's saving she would never come back.
    True. But Ray Fisher went out and did a bunch of press for Justice League; probably because he was contractually obligated to. Probably the same situation here.

It feels like she got pushed to far, and so she decided to air her grievances. Like maybe people have been talking in the industry, or in the trades, and bad mouthing her because of Batwoman. Or maybe she was up for a role and passed over due to all of the rumors. There had to be some catalyst for a dump this big.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-20-2021 at 12:23 PM.

WB disputes Rose's account

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/warner...oman-comments/

But honestly, her side sounds more believable.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Edit: Ninja'd....

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd shots fired back:

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/506...-from-batwoman

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    WB disputes Rose's account

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/warner...oman-comments/

But honestly, her side sounds more believable.
    How do ya figure?

The rushing back from injury, I can see that but the crew member with flesh hanging off their face or whatever....if that happened I think we would have heard about that.

Not disputing all her claims I do wonder how hyperbolic her recollections are.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

EDIT: I've tried posting a picture of her continued statement, but I can't get it so you can read it. So here is a link to it instead.

Ruby has added onto her statement.

I did look, and couldn't find any specific article about a burn accident on Batwoman. She may be conflating that with another shoot, or maybe it didn't get a lot of coverage. Or maybe it wasn't as bad as she remembers.

That said, I believe her more than I believe WB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-20-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If anyone remembers this is the same bullsh-t they did against Crawford on Lethal Weapon. The idea was to take 1 thing (an angry out burst he had while directing) then paint it like he was a terrible , evil person on set. But as Crawford claimed in a podcast ...half that crew ate Thanksgiving dinner at his house. That them and families came there. The moment Crawford was fired , painted as terrible and more by the WB they as he claimed fired anyone on staff who took up for him.

Them doing this same deal to Rose illustrates how they handle anyone they "blame" for a shows failure. And Batwoman has been a HUGE failure and only kept because CW is desperate right now. Rose got the blame in season #1 because the show didn't do BOFFO numbers. So when she voiced her anger at things and all...she was the fall person.

When Crawford voiced his displeasure at things with Wayans doing diva behavior on set (late to set , not seeming to care about scenes etc) Crawford was painted as terrible by the WB people. Because...he wasn't a big star like Wayans who they had built the show around. Then they watched months later Wayans decided to leave proving Crawford right that he didn't give 2 f-cks about the show.

Its disgusting to see them try this tack again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

If her allegations are true, eventually someone else who worked on set will corroborate them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If her allegations are true, eventually someone else who worked on set will corroborate them.
    Unless they aren't scared for their careers etc. WB has a lot of power TV wise and many maybe scared they aren't like Rose to back her. Its crap behavior but I believe her. This is the same situation they did with Crawford 2+ years later. To find a way to push him out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Unless they aren't scared for their careers etc. WB has a lot of power TV wise and many maybe scared they aren't like Rose to back her. Its crap behavior but I believe her. This is the same situation they did with Crawford 2+ years later. To find a way to push him out.
    Yeah it might take awhile--but eventually the truth will come out.

The injury part definitely seems true...

The injuries are easy to prove. Dude on fire, broken neck, and someone crippled all in 1 season. The other stuff aside that alone sounds bad.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-20-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Someone was recently injured on that Kung Fu show too. Makes you wonder about the safety of all these sets. When Melissa left Supergirl, she said something about not wanting to reprise the role again. I just chalked it up to her wanting to move on or a twinge of jealousy at the Superman spin-off. But now it sounds like there is more going on behind the scenes of these shows than we're seeing. When all that stuff about Geoff Johns came out on the JL set, the first thing that came to mind for me was "I wonder how he behaves on the set of Stargirl?" This is a character he created and modeled after his sister. I wonder if we're going to start getting some horror stories coming out of there soon. WB has an upper management problem. I was kind of hoping the whole AT&T deal would weed out some of these people but with the news of them funding OAN, it doesn't sound like they are any better.
    Assassinate Putin!