Page 184 of 233 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Maybe she should nickname him Skywalker then?
    And get sued by Disney? Heck that!

Although I am hard pressed to name another famous Luke.

Black Mask is as sadistic and manipulative as he is in the comics. Also a surprisingly good fighter for a cosmetics CEO turned crime boss.

The one time Ryan doesn't trust Sophie and completely screws everything up because of it. This is why Batman tries to remain relatively transparent with Jim Gordon.

Jacob now has the proper emotional instability of a drug addict.

Interesting seeing Sophie in dreadlocks.

One of those racers had a fox mask. There were three of them. Big missed opportunity not to do the Terrible Trio.

Luke and Ryan did a surprisingly good job pretending they were meeting for the first time around Sophie.

How did that guy not immediately recognize Alice? She's one of Gotham's most wanted criminals. Oh well, at least he doesn't have to worry about his divorce any more.

"Evelyn Rhyme" reminds me of "Edward Nygma," although she's a touch more attractive than the average Riddler. Also very unflappable when being threatened by a psychotic killer, and seems surprisingly good at her day job when she's not moonlighting for Supervillains.

Wait, if it's supposed to be a self-driving AI, why does Luke need to do it from the Batcave? Is it only for, like, parking and sharp turns and not automatic driving?

So Alice is going to pretend she's never cared about Kate despite all her outbursts and obsession with Kate proving otherwise? Man, she can really never be emotionally honest with herself.

Are Ryan and Sophie friends now? Ryan was calling herself "your girl" in relation to Sophie. I mean, obviously the Batwoman thing is going to mess with it but it seems like they're a lot closer or fonder with each other now.

So we're going to use Mary's car while she misses this episode. Which character has been in every episode of the whole show? Jacob? Luke? Alice?

Angelique wanted to get out of this life before she became a drug dealer and now Black Mask is making that her sole job.

"Mister Bloom?" Jeez, as dangerous as the comic Bloom was during Snyder's run, I'd hate for Ryan to have to deal with him. An ironic sort of karma.

Alice went to Enigma to get all her memories of Kate erased but instead found out Ocean was alive and got her memories of Ocean back. And that sex fantasy of him turned into reality as they make out (and maybe have sex) in an alley. I'm guessing Alice is going to connect to the Batwoman vs Black Mask storyline because they need the Desert Rose Ryan has and Black Mask wants Ocean.

You'd think they would have taken everything out of the car that they left in there, but I guess Sophie needs to find out Ryan's Batwoman now.

Ryan's blood is probably on file, so is this Crow agent going to find out she's Batwoman through it?

I lol'd at Ryan having Sophie saved in her contacts under "Crowphie".

But honestly, Alice is just annoying at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I lol'd at Ryan having Sophie saved in her contacts under "Crowphie".
    I found that cuter than I think Ryan intended it to be .

I love Ryan and Luke putting on that act.

It's interesting what Alice is going through, but her story really does need to intersect with the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, Ryan didn't have the common sense to remove the damn AI plug in box. They had to write her making the dumbest mistake...
    God damn it writers...
    Well, she's still a rookie, so she's allowed to make rookie mistakes. Especially if they further the plot along.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of those racers had a fox mask. There were three of them. Big missed opportunity not to do the Terrible Trio.
    Terrible Trio! Yes, something felt familiar about those guys and their masks. Weird that they didn't go all the way with them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Well, she's still a rookie, so she's allowed to make rookie mistakes. Especially if they further the plot along..
    I guess you could say Ryan isn't comfortable with the Bat-Tech so she tries not to think about it too much.

New interview with Wallis Day about being cast as Kate Kane. Originally they were going to just recast but than they went in the new direction which is a real shame.
    I think she looks so amazing as Ruby Rose replacement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...w-preview/amp/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    New interview with Wallis Day about being cast as Kate Kane. Originally they were going to just recast but than they went in the new direction which is a real shame.
    I think she looks so amazing as Ruby Rose replacement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...w-preview/amp/
    It looks like they are setting it up so that Kane, after overcoming her current situation, returns to the Batwoman mantle. These last few episodes where Ryan makes mistakes and folks starting to find out who she is, is starting to show that while she's making a good faith effort, she's not truly cut out for the role. Hope it doesn't happen, but the show ain't big enough for 2 Batwomen.

This is starting to fee unnecessarily complicated.

Yeah, honestly, they should've just killed her off for good and be done with it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I seriously don't understand this show's showrunners at all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is starting to fee unnecessarily complicated.
    Starting?

So, they were just going to recast- which, sure, would upset some of the audience. But the lead was leaving, and what can you do? She'd need some time under the cowl to establish the new Kate, and they could build from there.

But instead, they decide to create a whole new character, kill off Kate in the vaguest way possible, and instead of really giving the new girl a chance to make her own mark, they spent the first half of the season on 'Where is Kate Kane', which always gave the option to bring back Kate and get rid of the new girl- even though, apparently, they didn't decide to go with a recast until much later. And now they're bringing back Kate, but brainwashed (because of course, this is the CW after all. What would one of these shows be without at least one of the characters getting brainwashed?), and possibly building to where Kate comes back fully and takes back the Batwoman mantle.

Are we sure the higher ups at Warner Brothers aren't really involved in all of this? Because all of this sounds like the dumbass moves they've been making on the movie side that seem to do nothing but piss off the fans.

Alice annoys me so much. It's like she's always THERE and never goes away. Also, I think they should have just recast Kate from the start and they could have easily just cast Javicia Leslie as Mari McCabe/Vixen in a Vixen TV series.

Then again, Vixen's powers need to be depicted better than they have been on the live action CW shows.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-02-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Alice annoys me so much. It's like she's always THERE and never goes away. Also, I think they should have just recast Kate from the start and they could have easily just cast Javicia Leslie as Mari McCabe/Vixen in a Vixen TV series.

Then again, Vixen's powers need to be depicted better than they have been on the live action CW shows.
    They already had an actress cast as Mari McCabe- she did the voice in the cartoon a few years ago, and then played her in live action once. I think the reason they have never recast that role (why we got Amaya on Legends) is that they are hoping they can bring her back, but haven't due to scheduling and because she hasn't been needed story wise.

Mighty Member

Kate's a terrific villain when she's been brainwashed.