Page 155 of 233 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t DC going to introduce Ryan Wilder in comics soon?

Didn’t that come out of DC Fandom Blerd and Boujee?
    No idea, but someone around here will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t DC going to introduce Ryan Wilder in comics soon?

Didn’t that come out of DC Fandom Blerd and Boujee?
    I've heard literally nothing about her appearing in the comics anytime soon. A quick Googling didn't turn anything up either, and she's not been mentioned in any recent solicits.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Shivaani Ghai is playing Safiyah.

“fiercely protective ruler of a small community on the island of Coryana,” per the official character description obtained by TVLine. “A woman with as many enemies as aliases, she is compassionate and charismatic with both physical and psychological prowess. She is beloved by her people and will stop at nothing to protect what’s hers. No one goes unnoticed by Safiyah, specifically when it comes to those who have encountered the Desert Rose.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the crowd goes "Meh."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And the crowd goes "Meh."
    It's just weird for me that a character so closely associated with Kate in the comics, built up so much in Kate's first season, is now going to appear in a season without Kate.

It's just weird for me that a character so closely associated with Kate in the comics, built up so much in Kate's first season, is now going to appear in a season without Kate.
    I never found Safiya to be all that interesting, meh indeed. The most interesting thing about her was her past relationship with Kate.

My guess in how they'd attempt to make it work is to link her more to Alice and/or Ryan instead and ignore the Kate part from the comics. So now she would have a past relationship to Ryan instead of Kate - heck they might even use it to help explain the "drug-runner past" that Ryan is supposed to have. I mean, they are giving her Kate's family, friends, mantle, uniform, bike, villains, her comics logo, why stop at also taking some of her backstory?

I wonder if their grand plan is to build up to discovering Safiya kidnapped Kate and either killed her or is holding her captive, leading to them finally recasting for Season 3, if they get that far.

Then again, I doubt these writers and show runners have thought that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if their grand plan is to build up to discovering Safiya kidnapped Kate and either killed her or is holding her captive, leading to them finally recasting for Season 3, if they get that far.

Then again, I doubt these writers and show runners have thought that far ahead.
    The showrunner said they won't kill Kate, so unless they want to go back on that announcement, she can't be dead. If Kate ever does come back then it means someone is getting demoted - they can't have 2 Batwomen starring in the one show.

One of them would probably become disabled in some way (preventing them from being a vigilante), or retires either the mantle or being a vigilante. And if that happens, no matter what they do they'll peeve off fans of a character.
    Only other option I see for no one becoming disabled or retiring or demoted to sidekicking - is if one of them gets a spin-off so they both star in a series: but I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The showrunner said they won't kill Kate, so unless they want to go back on that announcement, she can't be dead. If Kate ever does come back then it means someone is getting demoted - they can't have 2 Batwomen starring in the one show.

One of them would probably become disabled in some way (preventing them from being a vigilante), or retires either the mantle or being a vigilante. And if that happens, no matter what they do they'll peeve off fans of a character.
    Only other option I see for no one becoming disabled or retiring or demoted to sidekicking - is if one of them gets a spin-off so they both star in a series: but I don't see that happening.
    Wilder gets shot through the spine and becomes Oracle, because of course they'd do that.

Lol, I'm reading rumors coming from the DC Fandome that Ryan will: unite the Kane family, be bestys with Mary, help Sophie find her confidence.

If any of that is actually true, it seems the show will be a parody of itself.

[Edit]
    And in mostly unrelated news, the former lead is moving on with her film career, which may have been a big reason for leaving the show:
    https://deadline.com/2020/09/ruby-ro...ne-1234575216/
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-12-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Very excited for Ryan Wilder. New actress looks great. Enjoyed her and her interactions with the cast at DC Fandome. Really looking forward to seeing how she looks in the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Very excited for Ryan Wilder. New actress looks great. Enjoyed her and her interactions with the cast at DC Fandome. Really looking forward to seeing how she looks in the costume.
    She seems like a very beautiful and charming actress. I just wish her first chance at being a Superhero didn't include so much baggage she had no control over.

She seems like a very beautiful and charming actress. I just wish her first chance at being a Superhero didn't include so much baggage she had no control over.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Astonishing Member

Glad there are so many more than top Olympic level athletes just hanging around and becoming super heroes in an afternoon. The Arrowverse just pulls them out of a hat.

First look at Javicia Leslie in the Batsuit.

spoilers:
    We also might be getting the Batmobile.
    end of spoilers