Page 119 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Dead link, but even still, that article only has the Reddit post as its source. The unconfirmed Reddit post.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well, this show's a bomber. Let's see how Stargirl goes.

I just hope DC leaves Kate alone in the comics and not pull the stupid synergy card.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, I don't see the sense in replacing Kate unless they have a good reason to be adamantly against a recasting (even if in doing so it means having to really re-work the show) and the new lead sounds really ill-fitting to be the new Batwoman. She sounds more like a Holly Robinson type who becomes a sidekick then someone I could buy as Batwoman.

I hope this isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k
    Their statement after Rose left was that it opened things up creatively. They might just like being able to create their own hero unbeholden to comic book lore and take her in whatever direction they want.
    If Marc Guggenheim had a hand in this, I could believe it.

So, now they're going to create a Batwoman that even Batwoman fans won't care about.

It's still interesting to me how Batwoman has to be a lesbian, but her Jewish background was disposable.

Was there any indication in the show that Kate Kane was Jewish? It seems the new Batwoman, if her real name stays "Ryan Wilder," won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Was there any indication in the show that Kate Kane was Jewish? It seems the new Batwoman, if her real name stays "Ryan Wilder," won't be.
    It wasn't overt, but there were references to a "Bat-Mitzvah" and I think a menorah was seen at some point in Kate's office.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Dead link, but even still, that article only has the Reddit post as its source. The unconfirmed Reddit post.
    Huh...maybe it was taken down then because its was proven inaccurate.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Maybe they're doing a Knightfall storyline where someone else keeps the suit warm while Kate gets facial reconstruction since audiences are too dunce to comprehend casting changes.
    "Cable was right!"

Huh...maybe it was taken down then because its was proven inaccurate.
    It's still up, it's just based on nothing but a random Reddit screenshot.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Maybe they're doing a Knightfall storyline where someone else keeps the suit warm while Kate gets facial reconstruction since audiences are too dunce to comprehend casting changes.
    I mean, the MCU did it. Is it so unbelievable for a TV show?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There must be some validity to it if everyone under the sun is using it as it's source.

It's still up, it's just based on nothing but a random Reddit screenshot.
    All, I thought it was taken down. In that case I can see the wisdom in the grain of salt approach. The question is if its gaining momentum for a reason though. We'll see.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So Ruby Rose isn't the only one getting replaced. So is Kate Kane according to a leak on reddit
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...arture-1296951

Brand new character for the lead.

That... sounds TERRIBLE. I hope that was actually something the studio put out as a false story to distract from their search for a replacement for Kate Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wasn't overt, but there were references to a "Bat-Mitzvah" and I think a menorah was seen at some point in Kate's office.
    If I remember correctly, weren't Kate and Beth on their way home after their Bat Mitzvah when the car crash happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There must be some validity to it if everyone under the sun is using it as it's source.
    If there was any validity to it, they'd find the actual posting and use that. I know where it's supposedly from, and none of them have mentioned it. Or they could talk to literally anyone involved in the casting process. But no, they haven't done that. Why not?

The question is if its gaining momentum for a reason though.
    It's prime clickbait. Speculative and gets the fanbase riled up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Batwing: “I’m right here guys.......”

On the season 2 opener of Batwoman...

(Luke Fox is making some adjustments to the batsuit)

Kate Kane: Hello

Luke Fox: Kate you look like you have something to say, do you?

Kate Kane: Yes, I have to go now. My planet needs me.

(Kate Kane floats away),

(The screen goes black and a message appears that says "Kate Kane died on the way back to her home planet)
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest