Page 227 of 233 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    But it fit the overall episode, what an underwhelming Season finale. I really, really hope they are stepping up their game quickly now. Otherwise, I don't see this Show surviving for much longer.
    Even by the CW's low standards this show shouldn't have gotten a S3. The ratings for S2 were pathetic, I've not see a summation of S3.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Alice does have interesting enough dynamics with the cast that she could play that role, I just know the show isn't capable of handling that with enough nuance for it to be believable. Nor do I think Team Batwoman would be as forgiving as the Scoobys.
    It arguably strained logic how much they tolerated Alice in this season to begin with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Even by the CW's low standards this show shouldn't have gotten a S3. The ratings for S2 were pathetic, I've not see a summation of S3.
    If you cancelled every CW show with low ratings, there wouldn’t be a CW…lol!

I’d prefer they renew the show.

We all knew it was coming. Now it's official, sadly

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ns-1235138364/

Let's just hope the characters will pop up from time to time on other shows.

...And nothing of value was lost.

I could see them moving some of the characters over to Gotham Knights, but that show has a pretty stacked cast as it is. Maybe move Ryan, or do what they should have done in the first place and have Wallis Day join the cast as Batwoman.

The ratings for S2 were pathetic, I've not see a summation of S3.
    This is not true. The second and third seasons were both within the CW's top 10 in terms of average ratings:
    https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...eason-ratings/

Speaking of which, ratings were also not the cause of this cancellation, but rather because Batwoman was not part of the CW's Netflix deal:
    https://twitter.com/TVGrimReaper/sta...Cr6dqL1JgqAAAA
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This is not true. The second and third seasons were both within the CW's top 10 in terms of average ratings:

Speaking of which, ratings were also not the cause of this cancellation, but rather because Batwoman was not part of the CW's Netflix deal:
    https://twitter.com/TVGrimReaper/sta...Cr6dqL1JgqAAAA
    The worst part is, you'll have people screaming it was bad ratings caused by 'wokeness' that killed this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    The worst part is, you'll have people screaming it was bad ratings caused by 'wokeness' that killed this show.
    Yeah, but they lie about these sorts of things all the time. Lying is just what they do. They're the ones who have to live with that, not me.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

I'm both surprised and not surprised by these news. It's kind of surreal seeing CW cancel a show this early. At least it didn't have much loose ends beyond the creature in the final scene.

I guess Legends of Tomorrow has a slight chance at getting renewed. I do emphasize slight since Black Lightning also had a Netflix deal and they cancelled that one too.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Ultimate Member

If we were to judge based on ratings-

CW scripted TV shows 2021-22 18-49 demo Year to year change
    1 Superman & Lois (renewed) 0.19 -14.06%
    2 All American (renewed) 0.17 -20.28%
    3 The Flash (renewed) 0.14 -21.33%
    4 Walker (renewed) 0.11 0.926 -30.38%
    5 All-American: Homecoming 0.11 0.393
    6 Naomi 0.09 0.546
    7 Kung Fu (renewed) 0.08 0.543 -43.51%
    8 DC's Legends of Tomorrow 0.09 0.528 27.03%
    9 Batwoman (cancelled) 0.09 0.458 -7.54%
    10 Legacies 0.08 0.360 -33.79%
    11 4400 0.07 0.370
    12 Charmed 0.07 0.364 -3.91%
    13 Nancy Drew (renewed) 0.05 0.356 -23.64%
    14 Dynasty 0.05 0.273 12.35%
    15 Riverdale (renewed) 0.06 0.251 -45.47%
    16 Two Sentence Horror Stories 0.04 0.222 -52.42%

Riverdale and Nancy Drew should have been axed.

Dynasty and Legends are the only shows to show GROWTH in viewers.

Riverdale, Kung Fu, Walker, Two Sentence Horror & Legacies lost the most viewers.

Batwoman held her own.

Mighty Member

So, does Ryan show up again on The Flash in a another cross over event?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So, does Ryan show up again on The Flash in a another cross over event?
    What's there to crossover? Legends of Tomorrow I think just got the axe, Batwoman is gone, Naomi and Stargirl exist elsewhere in the multiverse and Superman & Lois like to pretend that they do (smart move). And we don't even know if Gotham Knights will be on that earth or not yet. So it's Flash and...?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's there to crossover? Legends of Tomorrow I think just got the axe, Batwoman is gone, Naomi and Stargirl exist elsewhere in the multiverse and Superman & Lois like to pretend that they do (smart move). And we don't even know if Gotham Knights will be on that earth or not yet. So it's Flash and...?
    I mean, being on different earths hasn't stopped them from crossing over in the past.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Zaslav is CANCELING ANYTHING that doesn't make money.

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    ...Buffy was a better-written show....
    Indeed it was very much so.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."