Page 158 of 233 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Is giving her the Batmobile, and more of Bruce's villains/gadgets, supposed to make the audience accept her more?

IMHO it makes it look like they are trying way too hard and overcompensating.
    There is a theory going around, based on statements about the series still focusing on the Kane family (and Ryan uniting the Kane family) that she'll be a long lost Kane daughter, and hence also Bruce's cousin/Jacobs daughter/Alice's half-sister etc.
    If they do that, reminds of the original Charmed series where due to BTS issues one actress left, and they replaced her character with a new sister that was a long lost half-sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Is giving her the Batmobile, and more of Bruce's villains/gadgets, supposed to make the audience accept her more?

IMHO it makes it look like they are trying way too hard and overcompensating.
    There is a theory going around, based on statements about the series still focusing on the Kane family (and Ryan uniting the Kane family) that she'll be a long lost Kane daughter, and hence also Bruce's cousin/Jacobs daughter/Alice's half-sister etc.
    If they do that, reminds of the original Charmed series where due to BTS issues one actress left, and they replaced her character with a new sister that was a long lost half-sister.
    I will say that it's kind of random to me that someone so disconnected from everything gets to drive the Batmobile when Kate didn't, but I doubt anyone would buy into Ryan being actually related to the Kane's.

So why didn’t kate kane drive the batmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say that it's kind of random to me that someone so disconnected from everything gets to drive the Batmobile when Kate didn't.
    I suspect they are trying to validate their OC by moves like this. They swapped to the comic book title card, possibly in a desperate attempt to appease comic fans as well.

I mean, they completely changed Kate's origins in season 1. Instead of trusting in the source material for the character's merits, they tried to validate her by giving her Bruce's Batcave, suit, and gadgets - rather than starting with her own like in the comics. Then had her say lines like "maybe I'm better" (in refence to Bruce as Batman), again belittling the original instead of building the character on their own merits.

Now look at the OC, she's using both Bruce and Kate's stuff (including villains), this time including the latter's family and friends. Say what you will about TV Kate taking Bruce's gear, she didn't take off with his support characters, and she changed the suit to her own color scheme at least.

BANNED

Sadly that is not a surprise. Handling a character like that happened before . With Batwoman it is just more blatant, because how badly they handled the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So why didn’t kate kane drive the batmobile?
    Wasn't in the budget/a motorcycle looked cooler and maybe the new actress doesn't know how to/doesn't want to learn how to ride a motorcycle?

I suspect they are trying to validate their OC by moves like this. They swapped to the comic book title card, possibly in a desperate attempt to appease comic fans as well.

I mean, they completely changed Kate's origins in season 1. Instead of trusting in the source material for the character's merits, they tried to validate her by giving her Bruce's Batcave, suit, and gadgets - rather than starting with her own like in the comics. Then had her say lines like "maybe I'm better" (in refence to Bruce as Batman), again belittling the original instead of building the character on their own merits.

Now look at the OC, she's using both Bruce and Kate's stuff (including villains), this time including the latter's family and friends. Say what you will about TV Kate taking Bruce's gear, she didn't take off with his support characters, and she changed the suit to her own color scheme at least.
    I really do wonder how much of those changes were because the showrunners figured they'd never be able to use Batman or Bruce Wayne on screen. I feel if Kate started running around with her own gear, suit, etc, then eventually Batman would HAVE to appear and there would be some kind of confrontation. Instead, they decided to cover all of their bases by saying Batman/Bruce has vanished, and Kate will carry on his legacy by using his gear. (Which again makes me wonder about the legalities of using Batman on TV. We've seen glimpses of him in Titans, and apparently they can use Bruce Wayne on TV with no problem. But I think Guggenheim even said during Crisis that the reason they went with Old Man Bruce in the exo-suit was because they couldn't legally use Batman).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I really do wonder how much of those changes were because the showrunners figured they'd never be able to use Batman or Bruce Wayne on screen. I feel if Kate started running around with her own gear, suit, etc, then eventually Batman would HAVE to appear and there would be some kind of confrontation. Instead, they decided to cover all of their bases by saying Batman/Bruce has vanished, and Kate will carry on his legacy by using his gear. (Which again makes me wonder about the legalities of using Batman on TV. We've seen glimpses of him in Titans, and apparently they can use Bruce Wayne on TV with no problem. But I think Guggenheim even said during Crisis that the reason they went with Old Man Bruce in the exo-suit was because they couldn't legally use Batman).
    It's night and day between how much Batman is use between the Arrow 'verse and Titans, despite the fact Berlanti's company making both universes. I don't get why DC is so limiting with Batman in live action, there doesn't seem to be a legal reason since they own all the shows and are working with the same companies who make the shows in some cases so it must be some other reasons. He even appeared in full Batman suit in the first season finale of Titans.

Just allow Batman to have cameos and guest star in the Arrow 'verse, we know this is possible. They lose nothing, it's not like he's connected to the movies like the MCU are.

Well, they might want to be careful about using Batman so he doesn't show up other characters (or they end up with a Supergirl vs Superman situation).

Well, they might want to be careful about using Batman so he doesn't show up other characters (or they end up with a Supergirl vs Superman situation).
    Interestingly now it seems Kate could be in a similar situation for the show. If she comes back it could cause problems for the OC.
    Which is why I don't expect a recast Kate to ever show, not unless they physically disable her so she can't be a vigilante again, at which point it just adds insult to injury.

IMO it was odd enough that Kate had use of Wayne Tower without any mention of inheritance (seemed accepted outside of just Luke since she let Martha's necklace get used for an exhibit), an OC doing it just seems bizarre.
    And I hate the lack of explanation about characters such as Alfred and Robin, they provide enough information to let us know they exist, then ignore it (by implication Alfred is alive, going by Julia's remark). Oh well.

[Edit] Oh, just remembered something - how is this for a plot hole: In COIE the Monitor said Kate was the "Bat of the Future". Guess he didn't know what he was talking about.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-20-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Interestingly now it seems Kate could be in a similar situation for the show. If she comes back it could cause problems for the OC.
    Which is why I don't expect a recast Kate to ever show, not unless they physically disable her so she can't be a vigilante again, at which point it just adds insult to injury.

IMO it was odd enough that Kate had use of Wayne Tower without any mention of inheritance (seemed accepted outside of just Luke since she let Martha's necklace get used for an exhibit), an OC doing it just seems bizarre.
    And I hate the lack of explanation about characters such as Alfred and Robin, they provide enough information to let us know they exist, then ignore it (by implication Alfred is alive, going by Julia's remark). Oh well.

[Edit] Oh, just remembered something - how is this for a plot hole: In COIE the Monitor said Kate was the "Bat of the Future". Guess he didn't know what he was talking about.
    I guess it was the short-term future...

I guess it was the short-term future...
    You, are the Bat of the next two months...Then someone else is.

Headcanon that Kate is now chasing Alice around the world.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ryan Wilder will make her comic debut in Batgirl #50. She's an old friend of Barbara when she worked as a librarian

https://www.ign.com/articles/batwoma...-batgirl?amp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There was a prior one about a month(?) ago, showing it with motion-tracking dots on the rear panels.
    So Ryan Wilder is making her first comics debut in the final issue of Batgirl issue 50.
    This worries me, hope Kate remains Batwoman in the comics!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/...ut/%3famp=true