Page 83 of 233 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    That episode was great, really great.

I am pissed about the ending, however, especially since I saw it coming once the father came back. They didn't think to give Beth a bulletproof vest?

I do wish they took the risk and kept Alice dead. It would've been the perfect time especially with a new potential big bad coming around.
    Those things won't save you from bad writing.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I am pissed about the ending, however, especially since I saw it coming once the father came back. They didn't think to give Beth a bulletproof vest?
    They had to have one first, and there was no indication they did. Plus, leaving was very last-minute, and they didn't think anyone would be waiting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Those things won't save you from bad writing.
    Beth getting shot isn't bad writing.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-19-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

How did everyone with their sniper rifles seem to know where Luke and Beth were going to go anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How did everyone with their sniper rifles seem to know where Luke and Beth were going to go anyway?
    Sophie and Cartwright both had radios. Sophie got a report of a checkpoint Luke and Beth breached plus a direction and description, so following them would be relatively easy. Cartwright heard that same info and could eavesdrop on Sophie as she relayed her own directions.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Sophie and Cartwright both had radios. Sophie got a report of a checkpoint Luke and Beth breached plus a direction and description, so following them would be relatively easy. Cartwright heard that same info and could eavesdrop on Sophie as she relayed her own directions.
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

The ratings have dropped again. This is sad as I love the show and really just want it to continue for years to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...p-ratings/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    The ratings have dropped again. This is sad as I love the show and really just want it to continue for years to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...p-ratings/amp/
    No, they actually haven't. WGTC and their source for that article, Cosmic Book News, are both Comicsgate-friendly and clickbaity. They lie a lot.

The numbers they use in that piece are the unadjusted ones. Episode 11's live number was actually about 670k, since it didn't air on the west coast due to news about the helicopter crash.

They're also blowing that idea out of proportion anyway, because every show has viewer attrition. That shouldn't be newsworthy at all. So why are they focusing on shows lead by women (one of whom is lesbian)?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229467096033169408

So, given what happened in the comics with Nocturna, it will be interesting to see how they change things-up.

If they are bringing in an actual vampire, maybe they'll eventually bring in Abbot and the Religion of Crime, since other supernatural stuff wouldn't be out of the question.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No, they actually haven't. WGTC and their source for that article, Cosmic Book News, are both Comicsgate-friendly and clickbaity. They lie a lot.

The numbers they use in that piece are the unadjusted ones. Episode 11's live number was actually about 670k, since it didn't air on the west coast due to news about the helicopter crash.

They're also blowing that idea out of proportion anyway, because every show has viewer attrition. That shouldn't be newsworthy at all. So why are they focusing on shows lead by women (one of whom is lesbian)?
    Probably should put both CosmicBookNews and WGTC under some sort of blacklist, because they’re clearly reporting with an agenda... one that serves the opinions of the awful wretches of Comicsgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1229467096033169408

So, given what happened in the comics with Nocturna, it will be interesting to see how they change things-up.

If they are bringing in an actual vampire, maybe they'll eventually bring in Abbot and the Religion of Crime, since other supernatural stuff wouldn't be out of the question.
    Hmmm, does Kate the Vampire Slayer have a good ring to it?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Probably should put both CosmicBookNews and WGTC under some sort of blacklist, because they’re clearly reporting with an agenda... one that serves the opinions of the awful wretches of Comicsgate.
    Oh great I never knew, I really hope Batwoman and Supergirl are doing ok in the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hmmm, does Kate the Vampire Slayer have a good ring to it?
    Yeah, but so far they've made it pretty clear that TV Batwoman doesn't kill, or at least not intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I really hope Batwoman and Supergirl are doing ok in the ratings.
    They've both been renewed.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-22-2020 at 04:25 PM.

There was real tragedy to the ending of that episode. Kate was obviously conflicted because it meant a second time she couldn't save Beth, and maybe she felt a little bit of guilt being able to have a do-over with a new Beth. However, Alice is a murderer, and there's no way she should have been the one to stay alive. So Kate made the decision to stay with her sister for her final moments as she died...only for Beth to die and Alice to live anyway. Knowing Kate chose the other Beth over her makes Alice even angrier at her sister and crazier.

Anyone else wondering if Sophie will become the Question?
    She's basically the Arrowverse equivalent of Renee, and unless there are plans for Renee to actually show-up in the future, I could see the writer's re-purposing some of Renee's story for Sophie.

The Arrowverse turned Maggie into Alex's GF, made Jimmy Olsen Guardian, and gave Green Arrow Batman storylines - so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Anyone else wondering if Sophie will become the Question?
    She's basically the Arrowverse equivalent of Renee, and unless there are plans for Renee to actually show-up in the future, I could see the writer's re-purposing some of Renee's story for Sophie.

The Arrowverse turned Maggie into Alex's GF, made Jimmy Olsen Guardian, and gave Green Arrow Batman storylines - so it wouldn't surprise me.
    How is Sophie "equivalent" to Renee?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-22-2020 at 10:41 PM.