Page 182 of 233 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Just finished watching the latest episode and it was interesting. I enjoyed it, but some stuff bothered me. Like who did Kate Kill? Black Masks daughter? She never killed anyone other than Dr Cartwright. So what are we missing? Also Angelique confessing to a murder she didn't commit was weird.
    So now we finally have Kate Kane back but she is going to be brainwashed and work for the bad guys? Hmmmm seems off to me.
    Just bring Kate back, let her be Batwoman again and Ryan can become her own hero!
    Also is it just me or was Batwomans wig in this episode a huge improvement? It seemed more tidy (like not so out of control), maybe bit shorter? Usually it seems very long and boofy and like out of control but this episode I feel like it looked heaps better and that it definitely was updated.
    I think it's going to be something that happened off-screen that we're probably going to get a flasback too rather than anything in season 1.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Mask hates the Crows and the Bats because his daughter got locked up and killed by Kate? Does he know Kate was the original Batwoman and that's why he came after her? Or is it because of her connection to Jacob? Who is his daughter?

Well, I don't think Angelique deserved to go down for a murder she didn't commit because she wants to protect Ryan, but I can't say she didn't have jail time coming one way or another (and Ryan served the time she should have). I mean, I agree with Jordan about how flawed the system is but I'm not sure if there could be any structure to take into account the specific set of circumstances that led to Angelique taking the fall for the killing. They can't control what Angelique says or does if she's going to commit to it. Unless Jordan is just advocating for completely erasing the system and going full-on vigilante, but that's difficult from an accountability status.

So...is Enigma supposed to be related to Riddler? Green clothes, gold cane...wait, is she actually Riddler ?
    He just got lucky and found Jacob's daughter from a random plane crash. I don't think he knows she was Batwoman I. Just like he had Ryan's (oh my god that name's dumb) ex on his payroll and didn't know she was Batwoman II's ex.
    "Cable was right!"

I dig Black Mask so far. Definitely looking forward to seeing more from him. Not sure how I feel about Jordan, though. Her heart is in the right place, but she seems a little naive in thinking that getting rid of the causes of crime would solve all problems. Also, what's up with her calling Batwoman "cringe"?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't read anything Ryan was writing on that board. Are see-through boards really better than whiteboards? I never had any problem with the boards in Star Labs, maybe it was just the lighting.

Jordan shipping Sophie and Ryan makes me think that's now probably going to happen at this point.
    Are we in for a Ryan/Sophie/Kate love triangle? Because that would be...so weird...

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Also is it just me or was Batwomans wig in this episode a huge improvement? It seemed more tidy (like not so out of control), maybe bit shorter? Usually it seems very long and boofy and like out of control but this episode I feel like it looked heaps better and that it definitely was updated.
    I noticed that too. Felt more functional.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I dig Black Mask so far. Definitely looking forward to seeing more from him. Not sure how I feel about Jordan, though. Her heart is in the right place, but she seems a little naive in thinking that getting rid of the causes of crime would solve all problems. Also, what's up with her calling Batwoman "cringe"?
    Especially in a world of Supervillains.

Millenials got to use "cringe" .

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't read anything Ryan was writing on that board. Are see-through boards really better than whiteboards? I never had any problem with the boards in Star Labs, maybe it was just the lighting.
    I couldn't really read it either.
    Are we in for a Ryan/Sophie/Kate love triangle? Because that would be...so weird...
    Don't forget about Julia.

I couldn't really read it either.
    One of the words was “accountability” but she misspelled it “accountabilty.” They fixed it because, toward the end of the scene, it was spelled correctly.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Jordan just a once off or planted for possible sidekick bait....?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Jordan just a once off or planted for possible sidekick bait....?
    There was that girl from season 1 too, but I feel like if we're going to get a sidekick it'll probably be Mary since that's ostensibly what her role in the mythos is supposed to be (as Bette Kane/Flamebird).

I wonder if Luke is ever going to become Batwing.

Mighty Member

Ryan lost her girl.

Is Enigma related to Riddler? Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is Enigma related to Riddler? Really.
    I think she was in the comics. No clue if they will do that on this show, though.

It's not often that a Bat makes a public press declaration outside the '60's show.

How many times has someone gotten the drop on Jacob Kane this season? It almost feels like practically every episode at this point. And now he's going through a drug addict arc.

At least the reason people get addicted to Snakebite is finally revealed. It's like Fear Toxin if Fear Toxin let you relieve your biggest fear or greatest regret and let you actually overcome it, which for Jacob is saving Beth from Cartwright.

Sophie's sister doesn't seem to understand the concept of boundaries. Want to remain an anonymous donor? Too bad! Also, have I mentioned saying you will do something that I never actually asked you to do? I think she would've outed Sophie to their mom before Sophie did had she known.

These people are way too idealistic to not think they're going to get attacked by a Supervillain or criminals. This is Gotham, folks.

I would've called the villain "Electrocutioner," but I guess they didn't want to use the actual Electrocutioner.

My girlfriend thinks I'm dating my alter ego? Secret identity problems, I tell ya.

Enigma may be working for Black Mask (and Safiyah?) but she did seem to be offering Jacob genuine advice about repairing his relationship with Mary instead of retreating back to Snakebite.

Did anyone else get the sense glasses girl might be a new love interest for Ryan? I don't think Angelique is long for this world. I guess it's either her or Sophie.

We have a team-up of the blondes as Alice and Julia partner up to take on Enigma, which doesn't end well for Julia as she gets memory wiped again and sends herself off for parts unknown. Are they actually writing her out now or will Alice back up her new partner? Alice is obviously keen on forgetting Kate and her entire family as a means of running from her emotional pain, but I don't see that ending well.

To be honest I don't think a few community centers is going to hinder Gotham's prison rate that much when it's Gotham, but I guess greedy corporate CEO's have to do what they do best, exploit the populace and hurt the little people.

"Batwoman's Lois Lane?" Well, I guess that can't be Kara Danvers since she has no idea who Ryan Wilder is. I miss Kara and Kate's friendship...

Where the heck did Luke come from with that gun? One minute he's in the Batcave and the next he's there to back Ryan up? Did he take a spare Batmobile? Have they perfected teleporters? I mean, it was cool seeing Luke in the field (will that gun end up in the Batwing suit?) but it felt contrived because the writers couldn't think of any other way for Ryan to get out of there. Maybe throw down a smoke bomb or something?

Mary is arguing far harder to do something illegal and illegitimate than I would expect. Like, really, she can't still do that stuff with some legitimacy? Is there no point to the system at all? Should doctors all go illegal? I mean, insurance can be rough, I get that, but I'm just not sure what the show is advocating for here. Like what happens if Mary screws up or someone dies under her care and she can't be held accountable because she runs an underground clinic? Aren't professional hospitals still necessary. I know it's not ideal but I feel like it's not black and white either.

Black Mask is sure effective at cleaning up loose ends. I'm glad the shooters being dead didn't hinder Angelique getting out of prison (even if she's still a drug dealer who only stopped when it got too complicated), and hopefully this means Sophie and Ryan might finally start getting along.

I don't know if the lightning guns have anything to do with the energy weapons being featured in "Black Lightning" at the moment, but I'm going to imagine they're connected just to indulge in how the shows are all connected now.

It's not often that a Bat makes a public press declaration outside the '60's show.

How many times has someone gotten the drop on Jacob Kane this season? It almost feels like practically every episode at this point. And now he's going through a drug addict arc.

At least the reason people get addicted to Snakebite is finally revealed. It's like Fear Toxin if Fear Toxin let you relieve your biggest fear or greatest regret and let you actually overcome it, which for Jacob is saving Beth from Cartwright.

Sophie's sister doesn't seem to understand the concept of boundaries. Want to remain an anonymous donor? Too bad! Also, have I mentioned saying you will do something that I never actually asked you to do? I think she would've outed Sophie to their mom before Sophie did had she known.

These people are way too idealistic to not think they're going to get attacked by a Supervillain or criminals. This is Gotham, folks.

I would've called the villain "Electrocutioner," but I guess they didn't want to use the actual Electrocutioner.

My girlfriend thinks I'm dating my alter ego? Secret identity problems, I tell ya.

Enigma may be working for Black Mask (and Safiyah?) but she did seem to be offering Jacob genuine advice about repairing his relationship with Mary instead of retreating back to Snakebite.

Did anyone else get the sense glasses girl might be a new love interest for Ryan? I don't think Angelique is long for this world. I guess it's either her or Sophie.

We have a team-up of the blondes as Alice and Julia partner up to take on Enigma, which doesn't end well for Julia as she gets memory wiped again and sends herself off for parts unknown. Are they actually writing her out now or will Alice back up her new partner? Alice is obviously keen on forgetting Kate and her entire family as a means of running from her emotional pain, but I don't see that ending well.

To be honest I don't think a few community centers is going to hinder Gotham's prison rate that much when it's Gotham, but I guess greedy corporate CEO's have to do what they do best, exploit the populace and hurt the little people.

"Batwoman's Lois Lane?" Well, I guess that can't be Kara Danvers since she has no idea who Ryan Wilder is. I miss Kara and Kate's friendship...

Where the heck did Luke come from with that gun? One minute he's in the Batcave and the next he's there to back Ryan up? Did he take a spare Batmobile? Have they perfected teleporters? I mean, it was cool seeing Luke in the field (will that gun end up in the Batwing suit?) but it felt contrived because the writers couldn't think of any other way for Ryan to get out of there. Maybe throw down a smoke bomb or something?

Mary is arguing far harder to do something illegal and illegitimate than I would expect. Like, really, she can't still do that stuff with some legitimacy? Is there no point to the system at all? Should doctors all go illegal? I mean, insurance can be rough, I get that, but I'm just not sure what the show is advocating for here. Like what happens if Mary screws up or someone dies under her care and she can't be held accountable because she runs an underground clinic? Aren't professional hospitals still necessary. I know it's not ideal but I feel like it's not black and white either.

Black Mask is sure effective at cleaning up loose ends. I'm glad the shooters being dead didn't hinder Angelique getting out of prison (even if she's still a drug dealer who only stopped when it got too complicated), and hopefully this means Sophie and Ryan might finally start getting along.
    One of the things I wish batwoman could do is get out of her own situations; Sophie had to save her from the buzz saw, ( which kind of reminded me of batgirl and the pattern cutter from the 66 tv show) now this. Why can’t the crime fighter be more self reliant?
    Last edited by protege; 04-12-2021 at 07:45 PM.

I love digs at private prisons.

But yeah, I too was confused at the point they were trying to make in regards to Mary's clinic.

Also, does anybody else too spots the social distancing in all these scenes with groups of people?

Also, Luke mentioned Aquaman. With Cisco visiting Atlantis, is he now confirmed to be in the Arrowverse?