Page 218 of 233 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

That's quite the game Marquis plays with prospective employees. His scene with Mary was really good, and it looks like his evolution into the Joker is going to have some steps to it.

Seeing Ivy buried under the Batcave like that was horrific. Also shocking to see Montoya revive her. I almost wished they didn't bring her back so Mary could go full villain, but at the same time, I'm interested to see Ryan go up against a villain Batman fought.

Mighty Member

Enjoying these Diggle appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Enjoying these Diggle appearances.
    Probably the best part of the episode. I could've done without all the running around in the woods bit. And is Alice starting to care for her sister?

So, Mary just straight-up killed a boy's father. Accidental perhaps, but that's still pretty messed up. Not sure if she'll be coming back from this.

I'm pretty sure the Buzzer is a red herring, Marquis is messed up because he always was like this, Jeremiah-style.

Poison Ivy's actress is really great.

And hey, maybe we spoke to soon, maybe John will be using the Ring in the coming series?

Wayne Enterprises is in the red for the first time in its history under Marquis' leadership, according to the newspaper Alice was reading.

I'm starting to think there isn't another reason for Jada giving up Ryan even though it doesn't make sense for it to be because of Marquis.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 01-20-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

So there is more to Diggle's plot. Worlds await!

Still not a fan of Ryan/Sophie.

Alice quoting Billy Idol was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Buzzer is a red herring, Marquis is messed up because he always was like this, Jeremiah-style.
    Jeremiah from Gotham? That could add to the tragedy. All this being done to help Marquis and then it'll turn out nothing can save him.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So there is more to Diggle's plot. Worlds await!
    I had heard something about the higher ups stopping CW from using Green Lanterns; I assumed Diggle's appearance here was setting up his new show.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    I had heard something about the higher ups stopping CW from using Green Lanterns; I assumed Diggle's appearance here was setting up his new show.
    At this point, I wish they hadn't brought Diggle back. They could have left it where Arrow ended, with the assumption that he became a Green Lantern. Maybe even mention him being out among the stars now. But to bring him back and undo the ring choosing him, probably because the brass don't want there to be confusion when the Green Lantern HBO show starts, is just LAME.

So now Renee is responsible for the death of three people because she let Poison Ivy loose, and downplaying the fact that she seemingly was pulling a long-con on everyone to find Pamela and free her. Not to mention she apparently told Pamela about Batwoman. Realizing their relationship was "toxic" after the fact doesn't diminish her culpability because she still seems to have blinders to what Pamela is willing to do until it's too late to do anything.

Diggle shows up and suddenly Luke is basically doing a salmon ladder sequence like it's Arrow. It did make me feel nostalgic.

I feel like Luke is only responsible for all this in the sense that his trying to downplay Mary's concerns built up her insecurities regarding her role in the Bat Team that lead to her personality shift.

It turns out Jada and Ryan aren't so different in one aspect...Jada wasn't always rich, she grew up on the street like Ryan did. I guess she either married up or built her way to her current status.

I wasn't expecting Diggle and Jada to have history, but it seems like he ran security for their company back in the day...and there was a bit of a spark between him and Jada, and Jada's a widow (and cheated on her husband besides that) but Diggle's now happily married and won't give in to the bait. Will we ever find out who Ryan's father was?

It seems like Alice and Mary have finally, genuinely, bonded as sisters...but a part of me doesn't buy it because Mary isn't herself and it's just her makeover talking, not herself. Would normal Mary have said these things to Alice? I'm not sure.

Welp, Mary's finally killed someone. The guy was just trying to help her too. I don't know where they go from here, because while she's attacked people before she's never actually killed anyone and now she's violated basically her entire belief system and become a murderer. Would that be enough to completely break her? Would it make her retreat into her new villain persona or make her want to finally stop? Will this be the point of no return for the Bat Team to finally stop her and put her in Arkham or will Mary be restored and then willingly turn herself in because of the guilt? Can she ever be a doctor again knowing what she did? She stole that boys' father from him.

I guess it was about time Ryan and Sophie finally hashed it out. Sophie thinks she still hates her like it's season 2, but Ryan just has too much on her plate to deal with a relationship, so Sophie just plants a kiss on her and calls it a day. At least they finally got that over with.

I get that gravestone talks are a staple emotional moment, but I feel like this should also be a speech Luke gives the Lucius AI.

It is kind of weird that Diggle's guest-spots on Batwoman have involved him not even meeting Batwoman, but he's kept in touch with Luke and seems aware of their operation.

So is the idea that you need willpower to open the case and get the ring? Is this storyline actually going anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So now Renee is responsible for the death of three people because she let Poison Ivy loose, and downplaying the fact that she seemingly was pulling a long-con on everyone to find Pamela and free her. Not to mention she apparently told Pamela about Batwoman. Realizing their relationship was "toxic" after the fact doesn't diminish her culpability because she still seems to have blinders to what Pamela is willing to do until it's too late to do anything.

Diggle shows up and suddenly Luke is basically doing a salmon ladder sequence like it's Arrow. It did make me feel nostalgic.

I feel like Luke is only responsible for all this in the sense that his trying to downplay Mary's concerns built up her insecurities regarding her role in the Bat Team that lead to her personality shift.

It turns out Jada and Ryan aren't so different in one aspect...Jada wasn't always rich, she grew up on the street like Ryan did. I guess she either married up or built her way to her current status.

I wasn't expecting Diggle and Jada to have history, but it seems like he ran security for their company back in the day...and there was a bit of a spark between him and Jada, and Jada's a widow (and cheated on her husband besides that) but Diggle's now happily married and won't give in to the bait. Will we ever find out who Ryan's father was?

It seems like Alice and Mary have finally, genuinely, bonded as sisters...but a part of me doesn't buy it because Mary isn't herself and it's just her makeover talking, not herself. Would normal Mary have said these things to Alice? I'm not sure.

Welp, Mary's finally killed someone. The guy was just trying to help her too. I don't know where they go from here, because while she's attacked people before she's never actually killed anyone and now she's violated basically her entire belief system and become a murderer. Would that be enough to completely break her? Would it make her retreat into her new villain persona or make her want to finally stop? Will this be the point of no return for the Bat Team to finally stop her and put her in Arkham or will Mary be restored and then willingly turn herself in because of the guilt? Can she ever be a doctor again knowing what she did? She stole that boys' father from him.

I guess it was about time Ryan and Sophie finally hashed it out. Sophie thinks she still hates her like it's season 2, but Ryan just has too much on her plate to deal with a relationship, so Sophie just plants a kiss on her and calls it a day. At least they finally got that over with.

I get that gravestone talks are a staple emotional moment, but I feel like this should also be a speech Luke gives the Lucius AI.

It is kind of weird that Diggle's guest-spots on Batwoman have involved him not even meeting Batwoman, but he's kept in touch with Luke and seems aware of their operation.

So is the idea that you need willpower to open the case and get the ring? Is this storyline actually going anywhere?
    I thought Renee said she made her decision to free Pam in the heat of the moment when she saw the tulip bloom.

I don't think Jada cheated on her husband. I think that was a theory as to why she gave up Ryan and nearly erased all connection to her. But it looks like the writers are making Jada's desire to protect Ryan from Marquis the reason Ryan was given up. Even though this doesn't make sense if the timeframe Marquis mentioned earlier is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I thought Renee said she made her decision to free Pam in the heat of the moment when she saw the tulip bloom.
    I get that, but she was deliberately holding back the Joker Buzzer so that she could have the Bat Team find Ivy for her. Which feels more premeditated.
    I don't think Jada cheated on her husband. I think that was a theory as to why she gave up Ryan and nearly erased all connection to her. But it looks like the writers are making Jada's desire to protect Ryan from Marquis the reason Ryan was given up. Even though this doesn't make sense if the timeframe Marquis mentioned earlier is correct.
    Still a lot of questions about Ryan's birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still a lot of questions about Ryan's birth.
    I agree. I just don’t know that the writers see it that way.

Somebody on a different board mentioned the theory that Diggle might actually be Ryan's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Somebody on a different board mentioned the theory that Diggle might actually be Ryan's dad.
    I just watched the scene with Jada and Diggle breaking into Renee’s office. I take back my earlier statement that I don’t think Jada cheated on her husband. I was working while watching this episode the first time and didn’t see the nonverbal interaction between Jada and Diggle. Yeah, they either had a physical or emotional affair or both. Interesting theory.