Page 44 of 233 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Mighty Member

Kane's stepmom has some explaining to do.

I wonder if they'll keep up this journal framing device for the narration. And how long before we get a proper Arrowverse intro? I did like that synchronicity with Alice writing one of her own.

I guess even with Arrow gone we'll still get plenty of a Superhero on a motorcycle. Although couldn't they make this one look more...bat-ish, if it's supposed to be a Bat-Cycle? Although maybe that would cost as much as it would to do a TV Batmobile.

A gal who seriously dated a woman ends up marring a guy and Mary is suggesting she's every sexuality on the map .

Jacob Kane feels like the new Quentin Lance. Tough as nails authority figure who hates vigilantes, has two daughters, and is in somewhat denial that one of them might still be alive years after a tragic accident. Even their accents are somewhat similar.

Confirmation that Wonder Woman finally exists in the Arrowverse? She can't be the only member of the Trinity left out, and they've already introduced Themyscira and Cheetah.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't invite my serious ex to my wedding on the off-chance they'd try and steal me away...

"He was useful!" Low blow Kate, low blow. Although it is kind of amusing how the tech support has to learn how to be the tech support. I'm guessing Luke's involvement in the game came pretty late before he got seriously involved enough to become for Bruce what he's become for Kate.

I'm kind of surprised Beth is clueless about Kate being a lesbian. Guess she hasn't been following her sister that closely.

I guess it's good to know that being a doctor doesn't prevent Mary from seriously protecting herself, even if she's out of her depth in that kind of environment.

I wasn't expecting Kate to go to the trouble of putting her costume on before coming to rescue Mary. I appreciate that kind of commitment. Did she bring it with her or did she actually drive back to put it on? I guess since she grabbed the gadgets, the suit isn't too off-base.

Biological sister vs. step-sister: Dawn of Kane. Although even if Mary doesn't think there's any kind of proper sisterly relationship between her and Kate, Kate at least seems to care about her enough, and on the plus side Mary isn't a murdering homicidal maniac to hurt their sibling love.

Well, the GCPD is still as useless as ever. Although I'm not really sure what the dynamic with the Crows since everybody seems to answer to Jacob.

I guess we know Robin existed since Vesper mentioned them.

I don't think Sophie was lying but the "yes" as to whether she was happy in her marriage did seem a tad begrudging, especially when Kate brought up whether it was "happy-ish."

Batwoman already has her own spot to keep prisoners? It's no private prison, but it'll work !

So...Kate's stepmom is up to something. I'm guessing she doesn't want Jacob to know Alice is Beth. Was she behind the bomb? It didn't seem like Alice's people were behind it since Kate had to come in to rescue her.

Ah, the Big Bad figures out your secret identity by episode 2! At least Kate managed to avoid Sophie putting two and two together otherwise she'd start off with an even worse track record then most Arrowverse heroes.

Better than the pilot, which is good. I did notice that some accents slipped more, and I think it's because this was filmed after a longish break on a faster schedule.

Pacing, characters, and story were all better, and the exposition was smoother. There were lots of really nice setups and payoffs, but not completely; some things that could've used setup just weren't, and as a result seem like they come out of nowhere. There were also some really surprising and nice nods to the source, which I appreciated.

I wonder if the pre-Elseworlds episodes will form one main story, and then things will settle down into a more standard structure (overarching story arcs with weekly cases) after Elseworlds is set.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Okay, so, I know it's wrong to laugh at stupid, but I'm a bad person, so here's this gem:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...n-one-ratings/

Look into the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There were also some really surprising and nice nods to the source, which I appreciated.
    "You have our father's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "You have our father's eyes."
    I actually didn't care for it here, since it didn't have enough weight; the idea of Alice being Beth wasn't a surprise at that point.

I'm talking about the direct quote of "Define the goal. Define the objective. Define the terms of victory," or the waffle stand being named Grand Place.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

One ridiculous complaint I often read from... Um, certain members of society is that too much is made out of her sexuality. I mean, apart from her being into women, and coming back to save her ex, they didn't make too much fuss about her being a lesbian.

It's just plain double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Okay, so, I know it's wrong to laugh at stupid, but I'm a bad person, so here's this gem:

Look into the comments.
    As the saying goes, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Person knows just enough to be confused but not enough to know what is going on. Seems to be a common problem
    though. Not knowing Batgirl and Batwoman are two different characters. Even the 1950s Batwoman was a different character than this Batwoman.

Given the reveal about Catherine, spoilers:
    go back and watch how she reacts (or rather, doesn't react) to Alice showing up on the video feed.
    end of spoilers

I wonder what Catherine's play is here.

Also, next week Kate is finally getting her own suit!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post

Look into the comments.
    I hope that was a troll.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I hope that was a troll.
    For some reason, I doubt it.

As someone else in this thread said, most people got their lores from other media, so they probably don't know the difference between Batgirl and Batwoman. Although, with the extremely popular Batman: Bad Blood out there, I'm not sure how good of an excuse that is.

Hell, even without it, it's not all that good of an excuse. What with internet existing, and all.

I’m really not sure how everyone knows everyone else on this show; why kate’s Stepsister knows that her ex girlfriend is bi, or whatever, and how she might be connected to Alice. And i’m Wondering if alice’s Wig is covering up some kind of skull fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m really not sure how everyone knows everyone else on this show; why kate’s Stepsister knows that her ex girlfriend is bi, or whatever, and how she might be connected to Alice. And i’m Wondering if alice’s Wig is covering up some kind of skull fracture.

Well, the only main characters out of Kane-Hamilton family are Sophie and Luke. They probably all know Sophie through Kate, that wouldn't be weird.

No one knows poor Luke, though.
    Last edited by djoki96; 10-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Extended 1x03 promo: