Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1381

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

  1. #1081
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    Good episode tonight. The scene of Alice in the cemetery was awesome.

  2. #1082
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    So, we now have Harper. Just not Harper "Row". But still otherwise the same character.

    Do they say, "Harper" or "Parker"? Sounds a lot alike.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 01-19-2020 at 08:55 PM.

  3. #1083
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, we now have Harper. Just not Harper "Row". But still otherwise the same character.

    Do they say, "Harper" or "Parker"? Sounds a lot alike.
    Parker Rose.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  4. #1084
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Parker Rose.
    Ah, thanks. Still, not a big leap from "Harper Row". Even has the whole tech thing going. Just no brother (that we know of).

  5. #1085
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Tonight's episode was great but I have a question.
    The scene where Batwoman fights Alice in the school near the lockers. Batwoman is knocked out and Parker is taken hostage.
    The very next scene Parker is tied up and asks Alice what do you want? Alice replies saying she is looking for Batwoman.
    Hmmmm what the hell? Alice just saw Batwoman and knocked her out.
    Is this bad editing? An error? Like it made no sense to me or my partner.
    Can someone please explain?

    Also did anyone notice that the picture of the Batwoman coming out article which Kara wrote, Batwomans costume is missing the black around her neck and the part under her chin?
    Talking about the chin section, that part of the costume has changed especially if u compare it to her elseworlds costume. It's as if the chin section has become longer and doesn't fit around her face properly now. Anyone notice this?

  6. #1086
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, thanks. Still, not a big leap from "Harper Row". Even has the whole tech thing going. Just no brother (that we know of).
    I made a mistake. It's Parker Torres.

    Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Tonight's episode was great but I have a question.
    The scene where Batwoman fights Alice in the school near the lockers. Batwoman is knocked out and Parker is taken hostage.
    The very next scene Parker is tied up and asks Alice what do you want? Alice replies saying she is looking for Batwoman.
    Hmmmm what the hell? Alice just saw Batwoman and knocked her out.
    Is this bad editing? An error? Like it made no sense to me or my partner.
    Can someone please explain?
    Alice means that she was looking for Batwoman, and knew where to find her because of all the selfies.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-20-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  7. #1087
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Is no one going to mention there is a cop named Slam Bradley? Slam Bradley - the original detective of Detective Comics who was the featured detective until that guy with the cape and a hat with pointy ears
    hijacked Detective Comics. But Slam Bradley ruled Detective Comics for the first 26 issues. Wonder how big a player he will be on Batwoman.

  8. #1088
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    And the point of this episode was...? Seriously? The big bad was a smart kid with abandonment issues? Geez. And I’m not sure who’s annoying me more- Alice or Mary. I’m getting tired of Alice’s brand of cray-cray. And the fact that Kate got her sister back via doppelgänger makes even less sense, because you know what Alice is going to do when she finds out she’s been replaced- by the sister she could’ve been if things had been different. On a brighter note, I’m starting to like the rappor between Kate and Luke.
    Last edited by protege; 01-20-2020 at 03:31 PM.

  9. #1089
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Parker Rose.
    Sounds like they couldn't use Harper Row for whatever reason, so let's just make the exact same character and name her something similar.

  10. #1090
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And the point of this episode was...? Seriously? The big bad was a smart kid with abandonment issues? Geez. And I’m not sure who’s annoying me more- Alice or Mary. I’m getting tired of Alice’s brand of cray-cray. And the fact that Kate got her sister back via doppelgänger makes even less sense, because you know what Alice is going to do when she finds out she’s been replaced- by the sister she could’ve been if things had been different. On a brighter note, I’m starting to like the rappor between Kate and Luke.
    Well, it wouldn't be a Bat family story unless a member of the hero's family was killed right in front of you. And since she didn't like the stepmom, let's bring on the sister's doppelganger!

  11. #1091
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,913

    Default

    I'm so used to Sam Bradley being this grizzled, old school, detective that seeing him as this young pretty boy detective compared to Chris Evans as Captain America took some adjustment. Kinda like when they made Dan Turpin the same age as Clark Kent in Smallville.

    Was the public this concerned about Batman's sex life? People commenting on how many compromising positions he and Catwoman ended up in? Did people get selfies with Batman? This never happened to Green Arrow...

    Vesper dated Ollie, right? So she has added reason to feel down about him being dead after Crisis. Not that she showed it much.

    So I take it Scarecrow did the whole Batman Begins thing on his own in this universe.

    You know things are serious when Mary is leaving social media.

    Wow, Alice is petty. I mean, I knew that before, but jeez. Even The Joker might say she needs a chill pill.

    So, um...is anyone going to report Sophie for assaulting a subdued suspect and pointing a gun at them? I know the Crows aren't the GCPD, but that's probably worth some kind of reprimand if she wasn't the de-facto person in charge.

    I find skin grafting a perfect face mask is less unbelievable in a world where The Flash exists or The President just made a public address about the existence of the Anti-Monitor.

    Tyler left Sophie. Are we going to see him again? Although maybe getting out of the show before they kill him off for Sophie drama is the right movie.

    Parker Torres felt like a mix of Jason Todd and Harper Row. Although what is this school teaching kids that one of them could do such a brilliant hacking job?

    "And the world would have been a whole lot better if she had stayed dead." Dang, that's cold.

    I sometimes forget Kate is a billionaire. I guess it's a character point that she doesn't look or act like the typical rich girl but she's probably the most casual billionaire ever.

    How does a Superhero with a secret identity reveal private information to the public? Why through their reporter friend who just happens to also be a Superhero! Guess that's a perk to Kate and Kara being on the same Earth as each other .

    So...what's up with the other Beth? It doesn't seem like it's Mouse wearing a mask. Did each of the Paragons get a wish granted by the worlds merging, and Kate got to have a version of Beth who grew up with her normally? But, if so, wouldn't everyone else remember this version of Beth in the new timeline? Kate wouldn't since she still had her Pre-Crisis memories...and, yeah, what does this mean for Alice ?

    If this Beth is actually indicative of what Beth would have been like if the accident hadn't happened, she seems a lot like Mary.

  12. #1092
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    It's too bad Kate didn't say to Beth what Brainiac 5 said to his doppleganger, asking if his face were made of clay.

  13. #1093
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vesper dated Ollie, right? So she has added reason to feel down about him being dead after Crisis. Not that she showed it much.
    Dunno if it was dated so much as one night stand-ed and left behind, so I can see her not being too bothered he's dead.

  14. #1094
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, um...is anyone going to report Sophie for assaulting a subdued suspect and pointing a gun at them? I know the Crows aren't the GCPD, but that's probably worth some kind of reprimand if she wasn't the de-facto person in charge.
    I think the more pertinent question is why are the Crows still around, if their founder and leader was just arrested for murdering his wife? You'd think at that point the city would fire them and look at other options.

  15. #1095
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm so used to Sam Bradley being this grizzled, old school, detective that seeing him as this young pretty boy detective compared to Chris Evans as Captain America took some adjustment. Kinda like when they made Dan Turpin the same age as Clark Kent in Smallville.

    Was the public this concerned about Batman's sex life? People commenting on how many compromising positions he and Catwoman ended up in? Did people get selfies with Batman? This never happened to Green Arrow...

    Vesper dated Ollie, right? So she has added reason to feel down about him being dead after Crisis. Not that she showed it much.

    So I take it Scarecrow did the whole Batman Begins thing on his own in this universe.

    You know things are serious when Mary is leaving social media.

    Wow, Alice is petty. I mean, I knew that before, but jeez. Even The Joker might say she needs a chill pill.

    So, um...is anyone going to report Sophie for assaulting a subdued suspect and pointing a gun at them? I know the Crows aren't the GCPD, but that's probably worth some kind of reprimand if she wasn't the de-facto person in charge.

    I find skin grafting a perfect face mask is less unbelievable in a world where The Flash exists or The President just made a public address about the existence of the Anti-Monitor.

    Tyler left Sophie. Are we going to see him again? Although maybe getting out of the show before they kill him off for Sophie drama is the right movie.

    Parker Torres felt like a mix of Jason Todd and Harper Row. Although what is this school teaching kids that one of them could do such a brilliant hacking job?

    "And the world would have been a whole lot better if she had stayed dead." Dang, that's cold.

    I sometimes forget Kate is a billionaire. I guess it's a character point that she doesn't look or act like the typical rich girl but she's probably the most casual billionaire ever.

    How does a Superhero with a secret identity reveal private information to the public? Why through their reporter friend who just happens to also be a Superhero! Guess that's a perk to Kate and Kara being on the same Earth as each other .

    So...what's up with the other Beth? It doesn't seem like it's Mouse wearing a mask. Did each of the Paragons get a wish granted by the worlds merging, and Kate got to have a version of Beth who grew up with her normally? But, if so, wouldn't everyone else remember this version of Beth in the new timeline? Kate wouldn't since she still had her Pre-Crisis memories...and, yeah, what does this mean for Alice ?

    If this Beth is actually indicative of what Beth would have been like if the accident hadn't happened, she seems a lot like Mary.
    For Parker, I get her being like Harper Row, but not really seeing the Jason Todd part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •