Page 35 of 233 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Batman supposedly disappeared three years ago- what happened to commissioner Gordon?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Batman supposedly disappeared three years ago- what happened to commissioner Gordon?
    Good question. I assume that will be explained at some point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah. No one in the writers room knows how either businesses or the law works. They proved that time and again in Arrow.

As for Bats leaving- in my mind, Bane broke his back and now Bruce is traveling trying to heal, with Bane leaving once he broke the Bat. That's my story until they tell me differently.

Isn't that the problem with all of these shows? Supergirl is a prime example- Kara lands on earth, Superman finds her- and then an hour later dumps her off at human family and laves her, presumably until she finally puts on a cape. No matter how you write that, Superman comes off as a complete dick. Even in Arrow, for Oliver they took something that I think only happened once in the comics (Ollie cheating on Dinah) and made it a character trait of his in the show.
    So you're accepting the level writing on the CW is not very good? I'd agree with that. Often it can be awful. Sometimes is good, but not consistenly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I didn't see that myself. The producers have to keep Bruce away somehow, so leaving Gotham makes sense.
    I guess I expect an answer sometime, they can't just ignore it forever. It's lazy writing.

I'd feel cheated if Superman just disappeared without explanation ever.

And Alfred? Maybe we are supposed to think too much while watching..
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-07-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Well, i’m Thinking - i’m wondering if something happened between Jacob and ‘alice’.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I guess I expect an answer sometime, they can't just ignore it forever. It's lazy writing.

I'd feel cheated if Superman just disappeared without explanation ever.
    Other than killing him off, what other explanation would have been acceptable to you? Yeah, it would be nice to have a proper reason, but I'll totally understand if they keep it nebulous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

All that smoking finally got him.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah. No one in the writers room knows how either businesses or the law works. They proved that time and again in Arrow.

As for Bats leaving- in my mind, Bane broke his back and now Bruce is traveling trying to heal, with Bane leaving once he broke the Bat. That's my story until they tell me differently.

Isn't that the problem with all of these shows? Supergirl is a prime example- Kara lands on earth, Superman finds her- and then an hour later dumps her off at human family and laves her, presumably until she finally puts on a cape. No matter how you write that, Superman comes off as a complete dick. Even in Arrow, for Oliver they took something that I think only happened once in the comics (Ollie cheating on Dinah) and made it a character trait of his in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Other than killing him off, what other explanation would have been acceptable to you? Yeah, it would be nice to have a proper reason, but I'll totally understand if they keep it nebulous.
    Something reasonable within the Batman mythos and character. Someone mentioned a reason that could work for her/him.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    So you're accepting the level writing on the CW is not very good? I'd agree with that. Often it can be awful. Sometimes is good, but not consistenly.
    Oh god yes. I'm still pissed off at how Oliver lost QC. I just wanted to scream at the screen "THAT'S NOT NOW BUSINESSES WORK!!!!!"

And don't get me started on how the Special Agent Watson wouldn't help deal with a criminal who has subverted a local government and taken over a major American city until Oliver confessed to being the Green Arrow. That was just straight bullshit.

Ultimate Member

Bruce just vanishing for some mysterious reason works better as an explanation than how SG tries to explain Clark's absences imo. This feels like something Bruce might actually do.

Well that was good.

Nothing to write home about, sure, but entertaining enough.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Were Robin and Alfred addressed?

Alfred was referenced in a way - his name is the password of Wayne Security^^

Robin, I dunno whether he even exists in this verse.

Mighty Member

So, will she get the keys to the batmobile?
    Last edited by tabo61; 10-07-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Oh god yes. I'm still pissed off at how Oliver lost QC. I just wanted to scream at the screen "THAT'S NOT NOW BUSINESSES WORK!!!!!"

And don't get me started on how the Special Agent Watson wouldn't help deal with a criminal who has subverted a local government and taken over a major American city until Oliver confessed to being the Green Arrow. That was just straight bullshit.
    I tried Arrow during Season 3 I think, when Ray Palmer was introduced. I got so annoyed how Felicity had the hots for Ray when she supposedly loved Oliver..... That and how casually Oliver was brought to life turned me off the show for good.

And Supergirl... I so hated how poorly Mon-El was written in Season 3. I was so disappointed at all the contradictions and got tired of the lies and the show. I was emotionally invested but the show betrayed me LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Were Robin and Alfred addressed?
    In the comic books Alfred was killed by Bane. Maybe that is why Alfred isn't on the show. Maybe that even played a part in Bruce leaving Gotham.