Page 161 of 233 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Well going back to the origin of the costume, it was first designed as an alternate Batgirl (Babs) costume, so in the very beginning there was no wig and it was just hair.

Then it was repurposed for Kate when the decision was made to 'resurrect' Batwoman, and the design wasn't being used for Babs anyway.

In Kate's early appearances, it was literally her hair, she had long hair back then.
    And it wasn't until Rucka with Kate's starring intro (as opposed to her previous guest status) that the hair became a wig. So if reboot-Batwoman wasn't using a wig, and it was just her hair, IMO I don't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The more I see about this show, the more excited I get. Getting strong "John Henry Irons as Steel" vibes from this. The Steel comic, not the Shaq movie.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    The more I see about this show, the more excited I get. Getting strong "John Henry Irons as Steel" vibes from this. The Steel comic, not the Shaq movie.
    She reminds me of Batgirl.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I wish I were getting Steel vibes. Still not really getting any vibes at all.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I wish I was getting Shaq Steel vibes from this.

First five episode titles for season 2 revealed:

2x1. "Whatever Happened to Kate Kane?"
    2x2. "Prior Criminal History"
    2x3. "Bat Girl Magic!"
    2x4. "Fair Skin, Blue Eyes"
    2x5. "Gore on Canvas."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Did the general public know that Batwoman was a lesbian? The pride flags on the bat emblem is a confusing unless that was public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did the general public know that Batwoman was a lesbian? The pride flags on the bat emblem is a confusing unless that was public knowledge.
    Yeah, Kate had Kara write an article so she could come out to the public.

I'd be interested, if I had any faith whatsoever that they had a plan for what exactly happened to Kate. As it is, I don't think they have any idea, and I don't think they know how they will either bring her back or keep her written out permanently. It's just another 'Mystery Box', like who was in the grave in Arrow Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd be interested, if I had any faith whatsoever that they had a plan for what exactly happened to Kate. As it is, I don't think they have any idea, and I don't think they know how they will either bring her back or keep her written out permanently. It's just another 'Mystery Box', like who was in the grave in Arrow Season 4.
    To me it feels like the show is at war with its own identity to where it did all this work with Kate at the beginning and now have to throw it out to justify a new protagonist who has nothing to do with what came before and clumsily wrote out their own protagonist after one season.

Alice in particular feels really out-of-place now.

To me it feels like the show is at war with its own identity to where it did all this work with Kate at the beginning and now have to throw it out to justify a new protagonist who has nothing to do with what came before and clumsily wrote out their own protagonist after one season.

Alice in particular feels really out-of-place now.
    I have to wonder why they thought it would be easier to totally replace the character rather than simply recast the role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    What's the point in only dying like two strands of hair? Though I guess it means it won't look like that God awful Starfire wig
    The Starfire wig was nonsense, but I thought Batwoman II looked better with the red wig -- it works with the color scheme of the outfit -- and make a good contrast with all the black fabric. I don't get why they are bothering coloring two strands on the wig--- adds nothing. Lots of black women wear colored wigs, so don't think this is a PC issue -- or is it?