Page 58 of 233 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Alice is a wanted criminal. Her being Kate's sister doesn't change that and given what Alice tried to do an episode ago, I'm on Sophie's side entirely.
    I haven't seen the last two episodes, so you've lost me there. As for sides, my viewing Sophie as a jerk is nothing to do with 'sides', it's that she was trusted to keep her mouth shut and didn't. I already stated I understand the character has valid reasons for doing what she does, but that doesn't take away from her being a jerk IMO.

Doesn't mean I hate the character either, just that her behaviour in the first 4 episodes makes her a dick IMO. For example, she goes overboard on a workout session with her husband, essentially taking her temper out on him, yeah he didn't get hurt but it was still a jerk move. She also makes a pest of herself to Mary.

Anyways, a video of Batwoman with a raccoon:
    https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...08426725978117
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-13-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Batwoman is Head of Wayne Enterprises in the Arrowverse:

https://batwoman.tv/kate-is-current-...ne-enterprises
    When/how exactly did that happen? I know that seemed to be case in Elseworlds, and she does seem to spend a lot of time hanging with Luke, but I don't recall her being appointed CEO of Wayne Enterprises by the board or even a mention that she owns a significant bloc of Wayne Enterprises stock or anything.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    When/how exactly did that happen? I know that seemed to be case in Elseworlds, and she does seem to spend a lot of time hanging with Luke, but I don't recall her being appointed CEO of Wayne Enterprises by the board or even a mention that she owns a significant bloc of Wayne Enterprises stock or anything.
    Pretty sure there is no board and Wayne Enterprises is run entirely by Bruce's money.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-13-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Pretty sure there is no board and Wayne Enterprises is run entirely by Bruce's money.
    I believe it was stated in Elseworlds that the board split after Bruce left.

Is there even really a Wayne Enterprises? It's just basically a low-key business Kate and Luke are running out of Wayne Tower.

Anyone else a little disappointed with hiw poorly Kate performed in h2h vs the exocutioner? I mean the guy was only a prison guard, shouldnt have been well trained and he was kickin her proverbial for most of it.

Maybe Kate needs more training

I also notice where Wayne tower looked run down in early issues it doesnt now. Wouldn't that raise questions about how Kate had done it? We've seen nothing to suggest she's using her families money so it would have to be Bruce's

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Anyone else a little disappointed with hiw poorly Kate performed in h2h vs the exocutioner? I mean the guy was only a prison guard, shouldnt have been well trained and he was kickin her proverbial for most of it.

Maybe Kate needs more training
    She'd recently suffered an injury to the ribs and hasn't had much actual combat experience. The guy was also bigger and was armed with an axe.

Every time we've seen Kate curb stomping people it's when she had the element of surprise.

I wonder exactly how much training she's had. They didn't really go into much detail about it.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Given the age gap between Bruce and Kate, and that Oracle/Babs is confirmed to exist (mentioned in an interview, and referenced in an Arrow episode), this Kate Kane is possibly younger than Babs and Dick. Also, the changes to her backstory as being rescued by Batman, and Bruce being a mentor to her when she was a kid - makes her somewhat more robin-like in this version. I think they also aged-her-down so to speak so she can better match Supergirl.
    Apologizes to sound stupid, but what is the age gap between Bruce and Kate? I thought there was maybe a year or two difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Apologizes to sound stupid, but what is the age gap between Bruce and Kate? I thought there was maybe a year or two difference.
    Impossible. Batman saved Kate when she was a child. It may have been when Bruce was just starting as Batman, but that would put him probably in his mid to late twenties at the least when she was still a child.

I was also disappointed about the fight between Kate and the Executioner, but I do realize that she did suffer a pretty debilitating injury not long before.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Impossible. Batman saved Kate when she was a child. It may have been when Bruce was just starting as Batman, but that would put him probably in his mid to late twenties at the least when she was still a child.
    Opps! I meant in the comics (unless you meant that it well). It's hard to think clearly in the middle of a family health crisis.

Opps! I meant in the comics (unless you meant that it well). It's hard to think clearly in the middle of a family health crisis.
    I hope everything turns out okay!

In the comics, I do think that they are closer in age, though Bruce is still older. It's hard to tell by how much, due to the nature of comics.

what is the age gap between Bruce and Kate? I thought there was maybe a year or two difference.
    In the comics, I do think that they are closer in age, though Bruce is still older. It's hard to tell by how much, due to the nature of comics.
    It varies slightly, depending on the writer. In her original run Kate was stated to be 32, which may have close to Bruce's age. In Rebirth she was stated to be 27, which would be a few years younger.

Then, in Rebirth, in one flash back Kate and Bruce look the same size:
    TEC_939_KateBruceSize.jpg

But in the next flashback, Kate looks smaller than Bruce:
    TEC_975_KateBruceSize.jpg

I hope everything turns out okay!
    Thank you for your kind words.

It varies slightly, depending on the writer. In her original run Kate was stated to be 32, which may have close to Bruce's age. In Rebirth she was stated to be 27, which would be a few years younger.
    I thought as much. Kind of stupid idea making Bruce an adult when Kate was a kid . . . unless there was a Lazarus Pit . . .