Page 141 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    True, but Warner Brothers is still very hesitant to have more than one version of a character on the screen at any given time, even if the shows are on different networks. Slade Wilson is a prime example- they were banned from using him in Arrow for a few years because they were developing a movie with Slade in it, and then banned them from using him again when Slade became the main antagonist of Titans Season 2. Crisis was the exception to the rule, and that was because it was a large event that was also a love letter to the fans.
    Seems like they have given up on that now though. Multiple Flash, Superman, Batman(Titans/DCU), Many Black Canary iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    We all know how its going to go. They wont be able to please everyone with this casting. She will get dragged either way. Hopefully they support her with good writing which will have to be a change from the previous episodes imo. Only way to change minds is to actually have her version of the show be good.
    Having a problematic background from the get go is already a knock against the character.
    Seems like they have given up on that now though. Multiple Flash, Superman, Batman(Titans/DCU), Many Black Canary iterations.
    I think some of those are special...like, we haven't heard about Superman in movies in any concrete, official, sense after they announced Superman and Lois.

Certain versions of Batman can only appear as Bruce Wayne, not Batman.

The BoP movie came out after Arrow had ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think some of those are special...like, we haven't heard about Superman in movies in any concrete, official, sense after they announced Superman and Lois.

Certain versions of Batman can only appear as Bruce Wayne, not Batman.

The BoP movie came out after Arrow had ended.
    I think with Batman, there is some legal thing that prevents Batman from being seen on TV, but Bruce Wayne is fair game. I think they had to get special permission to show Batman for a few seconds at the end of Gotham.

As for Canary, she was already a main character on Arrow when they started making BOP, and it was a completely different take on the character, so they let it slide.

But they wouldn't allow Ted Kord or Blue Beetle to be shown on TV since they had been developing a movie for him for years. And despite constant rumors, they never allowed Green Lantern on TV because there was always talk of another movie or him appearing in the Justice League movie, and then they got a Green Lantern show greenlit on HBO Max, so the most we got was Diggle opening a box that fell from space and being bathed in a green glow.

Flash is an odd duck- the show got greenlit before Ezra was ever cast (and they announced his casting the same day they released the ratings of The Flash premier), so they knew that there would be multiple versions of The Flash. And since the show introduced the multiverse, they were able to finally pull off a face to face between the two, making it clear that they both existed at the same time in different universes.

And Superman- the multiple versions on TV were a love letter to the fans, and since there isn't a Superman movie planned at all for the future, they have no problem having him on TV.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

They can't use Barbara; she's going to be in Titans Season 3.

The biggest problem with putting someone other than Kate Kane in the Batsuit is that she immediately invalidates the entire first season, and the other characters established there. Why should I care about Mary, or Alice, or Sophie (well, THAT one isn't a problem for me)? A large part of their characters were defined by their relationship to Kate. Why should I care about them buddying up to or fighting against Ryan O'Reilly, or whatever they are calling her?
    Alllllllllllllllllllll of this.

And them saying what happened to Kate Kane will be part of the mystery of season two? Why would you have a mystery you can't have a resolution to because the actress is done. Unless Rose is coming back for an episode or they have some stupid throwaway line (which they probably will. Probably related to her killing the guy) to have her bounce after Batman bounced is just...dumb...

Congratulations to the actress but I still hate the idea that they are not going to recast Kate Kane. Batwoman is Kate Kane and it should have continued that way. There were so many easy ways to explain why she looked different but instead they throw away all that work and disappoint all of Kate's fans and replace her with a completely new character.

Astonishing Member

The new Batwoman actress, Javicia Leslie, has my support but I hope it won't burn her career with this move. The role's a poisoned chalice for whoever took it, probably even if they recast Kate Kane. This show is such a train wreck behind the scenes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Alllllllllllllllllllll of this.

And them saying what happened to Kate Kane will be part of the mystery of season two? Why would you have a mystery you can't have a resolution to because the actress is done. Unless Rose is coming back for an episode or they have some stupid throwaway line (which they probably will. Probably related to her killing the guy) to have her bounce after Batman bounced is just...dumb...
    One possibilty is them trying to salvage the mess they made with Ryan finding Kate in the end of season 2 and they introduce the new actress for the role. And in Season 3 they take a page from the "Secret of the Batwomen" movie and both of them will use the name. Or they go the Oracle route with one of them.

But I think I am putting too much stock in the higher-ups and they act more like paniced chicken esp. after how they handled it until now.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 07-08-2020 at 11:22 PM.

BANNED

I think with Batman, there is some legal thing that prevents Batman from being seen on TV, but Bruce Wayne is fair game. I think they had to get special permission to show Batman for a few seconds at the end of Gotham.

As for Canary, she was already a main character on Arrow when they started making BOP, and it was a completely different take on the character, so they let it slide.

But they wouldn't allow Ted Kord or Blue Beetle to be shown on TV since they had been developing a movie for him for years. And despite constant rumors, they never allowed Green Lantern on TV because there was always talk of another movie or him appearing in the Justice League movie, and then they got a Green Lantern show greenlit on HBO Max, so the most we got was Diggle opening a box that fell from space and being bathed in a green glow.

Flash is an odd duck- the show got greenlit before Ezra was ever cast (and they announced his casting the same day they released the ratings of The Flash premier), so they knew that there would be multiple versions of The Flash. And since the show introduced the multiverse, they were able to finally pull off a face to face between the two, making it clear that they both existed at the same time in different universes.

And Superman- the multiple versions on TV were a love letter to the fans, and since there isn't a Superman movie planned at all for the future, they have no problem having him on TV.
    I think if Flash did not have his own series, he would have shared the fate of other characters who had to be removed because Warner felt that two versions of characters is too much for the viewer.

And that's one less show I need to be invested in.
    Yep. And as I said in the other thread:

Whatever, the Batwoman show only had the 1 season. After that it becomes some other superhero show, that happens to have the same title.

No Kate Kane, not watching. Now that I've moved on from the Arrowverse I've been finding better superhero shows to watch anyway, just finished season 1 of The Tick. Going to start The Boys and Watchmen soon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I think if Flash did not have his own series, he would have shared the fate of other characters who had to be removed because Warner felt that two versions of characters is too much for the viewer.
    I don't think there's any doubt the Flash would have been off TV had movie projects needed him six years ago.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It occurred to me as I was recording a video for my 5 loyal viewers about how the change happens...for the first 10 minutes of the show we are going to go through some "where's Kate" deal with everyone wondering where she is because they have not seen her. Probably after the first commercial break, Luke or Mary will have a run in with Ryan who pick pockets them or some kinda illegal activity **** that puts her on their radar. Luke will find a Dear John letter in the cave with Kate talking about how she doesn't deserve to be Batwoman or Gotham's hero because she killed that guy, yadda yadda.

Mary who at first will not seriously talk about taking up the mantle, says the city needs a Batwoman, she will suggest Ryan, Luke will be against it until some moment where she earns his respect, yadda yadda.

Boom. Ryan is Batwoman.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Obviously, it's nor hard becoming Batwoman on this show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Obviously, it's nor hard becoming Batwoman on this show.
    It's the Arrowverse bro, where you are one, maybe two montages away from being an amazing vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't think there's any doubt the Flash would have been off TV had movie projects needed him six years ago.
    I think if they had been thinking of making a Flash movie before Berlanti pitched the idea of a Flash tv show, the show would never had been greenlit. And part of me thinks that WB wanted the show to fail at first, so they would have an excuse to cancel it (hence announcing Ezra on the day the rating for the pilot came out). But once the show proved to be popular, they had to roll with the fact that they would have two different versions of The Flash out there.

Of course, the way things are going with the movie, it's possible that the show will actually end before the movie comes out. Especially if they have to recast Barry for the movies- I expect the controversy around Ezra will pick up again around the time that the Snyder Cut is released.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It occurred to me as I was recording a video for my 5 loyal viewers about how the change happens...for the first 10 minutes of the show we are going to go through some "where's Kate" deal with everyone wondering where she is because they have not seen her. Probably after the first commercial break, Luke or Mary will have a run in with Ryan who pick pockets them or some kinda illegal activity **** that puts her on their radar. Luke will find a Dear John letter in the cave with Kate talking about how she doesn't deserve to be Batwoman or Gotham's hero because she killed that guy, yadda yadda.

Mary who at first will not seriously talk about taking up the mantle, says the city needs a Batwoman, she will suggest Ryan, Luke will be against it until some moment where she earns his respect, yadda yadda.

Boom. Ryan is Batwoman.
    Would be funny if she tries to steel the tires of their cars^^