Page 142 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It's the Arrowverse bro, where you are one, maybe two montages away from being an amazing vigilante.
    Yeah, but at least there's some time involved before it happens (even if we're not witnessing the training from beginning to end).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It occurred to me as I was recording a video for my 5 loyal viewers about how the change happens...for the first 10 minutes of the show we are going to go through some "where's Kate" deal with everyone wondering where she is because they have not seen her. Probably after the first commercial break, Luke or Mary will have a run in with Ryan who pick pockets them or some kinda illegal activity **** that puts her on their radar. Luke will find a Dear John letter in the cave with Kate talking about how she doesn't deserve to be Batwoman or Gotham's hero because she killed that guy, yadda yadda.

Mary who at first will not seriously talk about taking up the mantle, says the city needs a Batwoman, she will suggest Ryan, Luke will be against it until some moment where she earns his respect, yadda yadda.

Boom. Ryan is Batwoman.
    Well, apparently the EP's hadn't even figured out the Bruce Wayne mystery, so it seems they like indefinite mysterious absences that they may never fully address.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Congratulations to the actress but I still hate the idea that they are not going to recast Kate Kane. Batwoman is Kate Kane and it should have continued that way. There were so many easy ways to explain why she looked different but instead they throw away all that work and disappoint all of Kate's fans and replace her with a completely new character.
    I just feel the people behind this show onlly care about it using it to promote a political agenda. The source material is not important to them I think the new actress is attractive, and she may be okay in the role. But the problem with all of these CW shows are that they are too light on action and too heavy on melodrama. And Kate Kane was a lesbian -- but it's too much of a coincidence that her legacy is also a lesbian -- but from the showrunner's perspective -- that's what matters most.

Stargirl works so well because it does respect the source material -- and they can address sociological issues without hitting us over the head with their viewpoints.

Yeah, the whole idea there could be FOUR lesbians in all of Gotham City stretches disbelief

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I just feel the people behind this show onlly care about it using it to promote a political agenda. The source material is not important to them I think the new actress is attractive, and she may be okay in the role. But the problem with all of these CW shows are that they are too light on action and too heavy on melodrama. And Kate Kane was a lesbian -- but it's too much of a coincidence that her legacy is also a lesbian -- but from the showrunner's perspective -- that's what matters most.

Stargirl works so well because it does respect the source material -- and they can address sociological issues without hitting us over the head with their viewpoints.
    While I do enjoy the cw shows outside of supergirl the melodrama aspect is true. However I will still say the flash and arrow were good adaptations even if they weren't completely accurate. Stargirl fits cw and I wouldn't have that big of an issue with it moving there if the budget would stay intact as well as the short season format.

As for Batwoman imo it should be cancelled and not because of the actress switch but because it doesn't fit well on the cw because the type of writing and storylines that can be done are limited. It should've been on DC Universe or HBO Max where it could be edgier and play better as a crime and detective drama.

Do you think they might change the costume? I don't know if she'll still be running around with a red wig.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think they might change the costume? I don't know if she'll still be running around with a red wig.
    I hope they don't keep the red wig that would not be a flattering look for her. This transition may be a tough sell. She doesn't seem like a bad actress at all but I think she made a bad decision taking this role. I try to imagine her as Batwoman and I just don't see it but she deserves a fair shot and I hope other people don't unfairly criticize her. Unfortunately, from the outside looking in this casting decision has politics written all over it. Whether it be race or sexuality idk but it doesn't come across like they picked the person based on their fit for the role itself.

I still disagree with replacing Kate Kane and not recasting her. I feel as if Kate Kane did not get to finish her story and the entire cast of characters revolve around Kates life.
    Now Kate is gone and an entirely new character takes over Batwoman, just isn't sitting well with me and I don't like the name Ryan Wilder.
    Why not at least use a character from the comics?
    I believe Kate Kane as #Batwoman deserved better and should have been recast.
    But congratulations to Javicia on getting the role, I just wish the creators did better by Kate.

Incredible Member

I still disagree with replacing Kate Kane and not recasting her. I feel as if Kate Kane did not get to finish her story and the entire cast of characters revolve around Kates life.
    Now Kate is gone and an entirely new character takes over Batwoman, just isn't sitting well with me and I don't like the name Ryan Wilder.
    But congratulations to Javicia on getting the role, I just wish the creators did better by Kate.
    Very good points. They really may be better off ending the series as I think there are going to be way too many loose ends to tie up and a Kate Kaneless Batwoman series is feeling a bit forced. I will be surprised if this lasts beyond season 3 especially with Stargirl being a better pairing with Supergirl too for potential crossovers.

Well, apparently the EP's hadn't even figured out the Bruce Wayne mystery, so it seems they like indefinite mysterious absences that they may never fully address.
    They didn't know what happened to Bruce?!

Jesus Christ, it's the grave at the beginning of Arrow Season 4 all over again. Let's show this grave, but have absolutely no idea how we get there or who is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Very good points. They really may be better off ending the series as I think there are going to be way too many loose ends to tie up and a Kate Kaneless Batwoman series is feeling a bit forced. I will be surprised if this lasts beyond season 3 especially with Stargirl being a better pairing with Supergirl too for potential crossovers.
    That's the thing that actually upsets me the most. Melissa and Ruby had great chemistry together, and they managed to create a strong friendship between the two characters while interacting over only 2 crossovers. I wanted that crossover to happen- if not this year, then next year. And even if they had recast Kate, I would still like to have seen her interact with Kara. I have no interest in seeing her interact with Ryan Dorsey, or whatever they are calling her.

As for her interacting with Stargirl, I think that could be good, but I'd like Dreamer to interact with her more. Something else I'd love to see- I wish they would bring in Brandon Routh as the Kingdom Come Superman again and have him mentor the JSA. There is precedent for that- KC Superman was a member of the JSA shortly before the New52.

Astonishing Member

This is just a theory but from how the show runners are acting it's like they're trying to hurt Ruby Rose by taking it out on Kate Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is just a theory but from how the show runners are acting it's like they're trying to hurt Ruby Rose by taking it out on Kate Kane.
    Or trying to hurt RR by taking it out on the Batwoman fan-base perhaps.

The circumstances of the OC's creation alone make her unlikable for me because she comes at the expense of Kate, or rather her erasure. Also she can't exist without Kate having existed first, because of the fact that they are building off of the first season and using Kate's supporting characters, and Kate was already in COIEs.

And unlike the main Batfamily she isn't complementary and coexisting - she's a direct replacement. David and Luke situation.

If they had started with an OC Batwoman from day 1, there wouldn't be this level of bitterness (could be seen as an elseworlds to the comics), but since they chose to go with Kate they should have been willing to see it through and just recast. What happens if this actress leaves after season 2, another OC Batwoman?

And if they wanted more diversity, the Kane family didn't have to be white like in the comics, they could have changed that like they did with the West family in The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's the thing that actually upsets me the most. Melissa and Ruby had great chemistry together, and they managed to create a strong friendship between the two characters while interacting over only 2 crossovers. I wanted that crossover to happen- if not this year, then next year. And even if they had recast Kate, I would still like to have seen her interact with Kara. I have no interest in seeing her interact with Ryan Dorsey, or whatever they are calling her.

As for her interacting with Stargirl, I think that could be good, but I'd like Dreamer to interact with her more. Something else I'd love to see- I wish they would bring in Brandon Routh as the Kingdom Come Superman again and have him mentor the JSA. There is precedent for that- KC Superman was a member of the JSA shortly before the New52.
    Ryan is going to feel so jarring in the wider Arrowverse.

Is it wrong that I feel bad for this woman? The hate she is going to get for this is likely to be mind-boggling, and she's not going to deserve any of it.

Also, they're settling for a bisexual woman?

And...the black legacy hero is also a drug-runner and criminal? Come on. That's like Snap Wilson.
    I feel kind of bad too. It's not like Ruby Rose was completely beloved, but she still has big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    One possibilty is them trying to salvage the mess they made with Ryan finding Kate in the end of season 2 and they introduce the new actress for the role. And in Season 3 they take a page from the "Secret of the Batwomen" movie and both of them will use the name.
    You mean "Mystery of the Batwoman"? I guess calling the new character "Kathy Duquense" is out.

It occurred to me as I was recording a video for my 5 loyal viewers about how the change happens...for the first 10 minutes of the show we are going to go through some "where's Kate" deal with everyone wondering where she is because they have not seen her. Probably after the first commercial break, Luke or Mary will have a run in with Ryan who pick pockets them or some kinda illegal activity **** that puts her on their radar. Luke will find a Dear John letter in the cave with Kate talking about how she doesn't deserve to be Batwoman or Gotham's hero because she killed that guy, yadda yadda.

Mary who at first will not seriously talk about taking up the mantle, says the city needs a Batwoman, she will suggest Ryan, Luke will be against it until some moment where she earns his respect, yadda yadda.

Boom. Ryan is Batwoman.
    Can we at least have Mary try to be Batwoman for a bit until there's a new Batwoman? Set up Mary for her future costumed identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    And if they wanted more diversity, the Kane family didn't have to be white like in the comics, they could have changed that like they did with the West family in The Flash.
    I mean, they're already Jewish, right? That should count for something.