Page 122 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Maybe the new character is a fake out. Like it says new, but it's really just Kate. Or maybe they could pull the loss of memory from the Joker and Batman fight and use it for her and Alice, then bang, just like Bruce became someone new for a bit, so does she. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    How stupid can the show writers be?

A whole new character? Your going to have to recast most of the current cast because if its not Kate then Sophie, her father, her sister, etc don't make a lot of sense on the show.

Goes back to my opinion that you just make Rachel Skartsen the new Batwoman. No she isn't lesbian or bi as far as I know but she is an established face on the show.

How I'd do it: Apparently Alice doesn't have to have the original face anymore given she made Tommy look like Bruce Wayne. So Alice kidnaps Kate and then gives Kate her (Alice) own face. Now Kate looks like Alice but is still Kate. And you can finish out the Alice arc as planned seeing as how it will make zero narrative sense now with a wholly new Batwoman. Rachel will have to double duty for a while but it can be done.

I understand why LGBT's want representation with an LGBT actress but you got ******* by Ruby Rose. I'd care more about this point about the show continuing on in some way that made sense rather than being an utter **** show thats going to be an utter disaster which is where they are headed if they go with a whole new character.
    Honestly you don't even have to do the face thing. They're twins anyways, right? So just ignore it and have her play both for a little bit haha. Then kill Alice and move on. Or jail her.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-03-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kate Kane dips.

Don't bother using Cassandra, Stephanie, Helena I or II, or Barbara.

Time to head out.
    "Cable was right!"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Goes back to my opinion that you just make Rachel Skartsen the new Batwoman. No she isn't lesbian or bi as far as I know but she is an established face on the show.
    IMO, that would be even worse than replacing Kate with a new character. Maybe it wouldn't be like replacing Bruce Wayne with the Joker to wear the cape and cowl, but close enough. Just get another actress to play Kate and problem solved.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But now they'll have to re-work the Kane family drama to fit a character that isn't even Kate Kane.
    It could be as easy as Jacob wanting to reform Alice now that Kate's gone (presumed dead?) and has one daughter left (which would obviously hurt Mary's feelings, so she and Jacob will replay her "Hey, I'm your family too" arc) and the new Batwoman taking on the mantle because Alice killed her parent(s) and she wants revenge (but will ultimately decide to be a hero rather than an avenger with Luke's help because he thinks he can help her direct her anger in a more positive way, the way Bruce did with Dick) which will flip the whole "Jacob/Alice/Batwoman" dynamic from this season. Sophie will think that Kate's still alive but not want to tell Jacob because she doesn't want to get his hopes up (thus replaying Jacob's past in reverse) so she'll go down a rabbit hole (pun intended) trying to find her, which will lead to her breaking up with Julia in an "I can't rest until I find out what happened at all costs a la 'the Vanishing'" kindof obsession.

Not the best idea, but the CW doesn't have the best written shows...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-04-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kate Kane dips.

Time to head out.
    They won’t use any of them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kate Kane dips.

Time to head out.
    Why would you want any of the Batgirls to be Batwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    IMO, that would be even worse than replacing Kate with a new character. Maybe it wouldn't be like replacing Bruce Wayne with the Joker to wear the cape and cowl, but close enough. Just get another actress to play Kate and problem solved.
    And is Rachel Skarsten straight? That's another issue with doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It could be as easy as Jacob wanting to reform Alice now that Kate's gone (presumed dead?) and has one daughter left (which would obviously hurt Mary's feelings, so she and Jacob will replay her "Hey, I'm your family too" arc) and the new Batwoman taking on the mantle because Alice killed her parent(s) and she wants revenge (but will ultimately decide to be a hero rather than an avenger with Luke's help because he thinks he can help her direct her anger in a more positive way, the way Bruce did with Dick) which will flip the whole "Jacob/Alice/Batwoman" dynamic from this season. Sophie will think that Kate's still alive but not want to tell Jacob because she doesn't want to get his hopes up (thus replaying Jacob's past in reverse) so she'll go down a rabbit hole (pun intended) trying to find her, which will lead to her breaking up with Julia in an "I can't rest until I find out what happened at all costs a la 'the Vanishing'" kindof obsession.

Not the best idea, but the CW doesn't have the best written shows...
    This sounds way too convoluted just to avoid a recasting, in my opinion.

At this point I think its more important they find a way to keep the show going. Skarsten gives them a shot. It will still be a show about on openly lesbian superhero and that matters far more than if the actress is herself lesbian. I think most of the LGBT crowd will be understanding given they tried and got screwed by Ruby Rose and at this point like me would just want them to find the way forward that gives the show the best shot at surviving this problem. The show was already treading on thin ice ratings wise and I fear that starting completely over from scratch with a new character and unfamiliar face will doom it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Another reason why having her replace Kate is DOA, Frontier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

At this point I think its more important they find a way to keep the show going. Skarsten gives them a shot. It will still be a show about on openly lesbian superhero and that matters far more than if the actress is herself lesbian. I think most of the LGBT crowd will be understanding given they tried and got screwed by Ruby Rose and at this point like me would just want them to find the way forward that gives the show the best shot at surviving this problem. The show was already treading on thin ice ratings wise and I fear that starting completely over from scratch with a new character and unfamiliar face will doom it.
    They would receive far too much backlash if they cast a straight actress after having had a lesbian in the role the first season and the casting call explicitly call for an LGBTQ actress for the role. It would seem too much
    like backtracking from their promise. My guess is they are planning on having a POC as Batwoman and that is why they are ditching Kate Kane. Kate Kane almost had to be white, but with a new character that frees them
    from this requirement. That is why there is zero chance Skarsten gets the role. Not a lesbian and not a POC.

Amazing Member

Replacing Kate with a brand new character is not good news.

I was invested in Kate and Mary and Luke (although I guess Luke will stay) etc.

I will continue to watch to see what they do with the show and new actress at first but I don't know if I'll stick around for the whole season.

It's funny how everyone is okay with new characters taking on the mantle of cap and Ironman in the MCU but batwoman is out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's funny how everyone is okay with new characters taking on the mantle of cap and Ironman in the MCU but batwoman is out of the question?
    Cap and Iron Man have been played by the same people for a decade, and their replacements or potential replacements have been set up in that time as well. Falcon has worked as Cap's sidekick. Rhodey has been War Machine/Iron Patriot, and they still have Iron Heart from the comics to mine.

Kate's been around for not even a complete season, and she has no sidekick to take up the mantel. No character has been established to be able to pick up the mask, let alone be worthy of it. So just creating a brand new character and suddenly making her Batwoman makes no sense, and gives viewers who have invested in Kate, and Mary, and god, even Sophie, NO incentive to keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Cap and Iron Man have been played by the same people for a decade, and their replacements or potential replacements have been set up in that time as well. Falcon has worked as Cap's sidekick. Rhodey has been War Machine/Iron Patriot, and they still have Iron Heart from the comics to mine.

Kate's been around for not even a complete season, and she has no sidekick to take up the mantel. No character has been established to be able to pick up the mask, let alone be worthy of it. So just creating a brand new character and suddenly making her Batwoman makes no sense, and gives viewers who have invested in Kate, and Mary, and god, even Sophie, NO incentive to keep watching.
    Do you really think the new batwoman is just going to show up with no explanation what so ever?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    We've had Tony Stark as Iron Man for *twelve years* and Chris Rogers as Cap for eight. And Kate as Batwoman? Not even a year.

It's a pretty bad comparison, and, even if it wasn't totally skewed, I for one, would rather see Winter Soldier, War Machine, Falcon, Rescue, etc. explore and develop their own identities post-Tony and Steve, than 'take on the mantles' of Iron Man or Captain America, so it's also wrong, in that not 'everyone is okay' with it.