Page 125 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I agree but still don't think it's going to be a problem a good writer can rework all of this easy.
    You used good writer in a post about an Arrowverse show, that is comedy gold there, congratulations!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I agree but still don't think it's going to be a problem a good writer can rework all of this easy.
    Yes, but will the audience care by that time? They might not care regardless of what is done, but at least finding a new Kate doesn't rock the boat as much as bringing in a new character.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is a TV show. It's going to take more than just a writer to make something like this work

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    You used good writer in a post about an Arrowverse show, that is comedy gold there, congratulations!
    Considering what people call so called good writeting I'm perfectly fine with what I said now is it perfect god no but I don't think it's bad ether what super hero show do you think has better writing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yes, but will the audience care by that time? They might not care regardless of what is done, but at least finding a new Kate doesn't rock the boat as much as bringing in a new character.
    It's definitely a risky move the show is going to sink or swim we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is a TV show. It's going to take more than just a writer to make something like this work
    They need a good writer and a good acter to replace Ruby.

If you don't like it, why are you watching it?

Believe it or not, the Arrowverse still has its fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I only watch the Flash and that is because of Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I also find it interesting how rare it is that those who claim bad writing about these shows actually detail what they mean by that. Or how often much of it breaks down when they do.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I also find it interesting how rare it is that those who claim bad writing about these shows actually detail what they mean by that. Or how often much of it breaks down when they do.
    One example is the season 1 finale of Supergirl. Alex is dying in agony from the weapon that I cannot remember the name of. Then Supergirl calls for a pep talk and she is cured.

One example is the season 1 finale of Supergirl. Alex is dying in agony from the weapon that I cannot remember the name of. Then Supergirl calls for a pep talk and she is cured.
    That's your go to example? Come on man that's not even in the top 10 of bad writing for a arrow show.

Mighty Member

That's your go to example? Come on man that's not even in the top 10 of bad writing for a arrow show.
    If they think that is not bad then they aren’t worth my time. Anyway I have missed entires seasons of some shows and forgotten a lot of what I did watch. Also I was trying not to start another Felicity rant. But since you asked there is Felicity just getting out of her wheelchair, wanting to be told about Oliver’s son before he had a chance to process the news, telling the LoA not to touch her, them not doing it and then Diggle and Oliver shooting them with guns she hid on her person and ...

I had been holding out hope that the new character news was fake but now sadly Caroline Dries has confirmed it is true.
    What a disappointing choice and coz they think the fans cant handle the soap opera switch.
    I hope they change their minds and keep Kate Kane, recast not replace.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...showrunner-cw/

"Just to also respect everything that Ruby [Rose] put into the Kate Kane character."

No, I'm sorry. To hell with respect. Ruby quit. She couldn't hack it, and she quit. She didn't like working the schedule, and she quit. If she couldn't respect them enough to either stick it out, or even better- seriously consider what it would mean to take the lead in a network superhero show, and let them know before they even started filming that she wouldn't be able to do it, then why the hell should they respect anything that she's done?

If I'm going to watch Batwoman, I want to watch Kate Kane. I don't care who's under the mask. I don't give two s**** about some new character I've never heard of, and who sounds absolutely terrible.

And what makes me the most angry is that I really, REALLY wanted a World's Finest crossover between Kate and Supergirl. I really, REALLY wanted to grow to like the show. Now I have no reason to bother with it anymore.

Actually, what I would like to know is did Ruby know, doing Elseworlds, that there would be a chance that a series would be created based on her character? Or did she just thing she was doing a small guest spot, and maybe they may bring her in for more crossovers in the future? Because Berlanti does have a track record of hiring actors for small parts that end up becoming larger, whether they want to or not.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-06-2020 at 09:22 PM.

For the record, it was Myriad. When it was controlling everyone, she gave a hope speech on TV and it broke everyone out of it. When Non set it to 11 and it started to effect everyone Scanners-style, she had to toss Fort Rozz into space.

You want an example of bad writing? Okay, as I just established, she threw Fort Rozz into space- which at the time, contained Myriad. So how the heck did it magically appear in the Fortress of Solitude in Season 5?

Bad writing was Fridging Sara at the beginning of Season 3, just to give Laurel a reason to become the Black Canary.

Bad writing is Earth 1 Laurel's complete arc on Arrow.

Bad writing was killing off Laurel in Season 4, because they wanted to show a grave in the season premier and had no idea who would be in it until a few weeks before they filmed the episode where she died.

Bad writing is the way the flashbacks dragged on endlessly in Season 3, taking about two months for Oliver to run down a street with Akio.

Bad writing is how Oliver got stabbed through the lung, had his throat crushed, was then stabbed through the chest and then kicked off a mountain- and he recovered due to 'Penicillin Tea'.

Bad writing is Arrow Season 6.

Bad writing was how Thea just vanished in the last hour of the Invasion! story line, because her character had been so misused over the past few seasons that Willa had negotiated to work fewer episodes and so she couldn't actually be in the episode.

And that's just off the top of my head.